Upgrades speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I wanted to start a thread to hear opinions/thoughts on what the future upgrades of the P3 using the programmer may be/what everyone would like.

Let me go first

1) higher wattages/amp limit
2) modifications to the UI(similar to what they have already done)
3) functionality - temp control? Especially nice with p3 connectors that may have lower resistance loss?
4) more boost options especially if they increase the wattage/amp limits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Power/Current: Guess what the continuous current rating of the 700 mAH AW IMR 18350 is? (the one ProVape, and others still have in stock). If you said SIX amps, you'd be right. There were tons of them sold, especially with ProVari Minis, and those batteries will be out there in use for the next 2-3 years or longer. Divide 20 watts by the P3's 5.5A max and you'll see that wattage can be achieved from a battery as low as 3.64V under load (assuming the circuitry is 100% efficient, which it isn't). In other words, the P3 current/wattage limit is about as optimal as can be achieved "safely." Until ProVape can control what batteries are used in their PVs, this is probably as good as it gets.

UI modifications: the only thing I've come across is there is still at least one menu level without a "Back" button.

Temp control, auto-display orientation for left/right hand hold, and other things like this will probably require hardware upgrades.

Boost options: It would be nice not to get the warning until 2.3Ω, given so many so-called 2.0Ω coils are 2.2Ω

I've worked in technology for over forty years, and this is by far the best final release of a new product and its firmware I've seen. There's no compelling reason to upgrade the firmware that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread