Urgent message from Gregory Conley, President of American Vaping Association...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Urgent message from Gregory Conley, President of American vaping Association...

Via Gregory Conley
*Please share this in vapor circles (you'll likely need to copy and paste the below message to do so) *

Over the next 27 months, there are going to be a lot of well-meaning (but ultimately dangerous) people that are going to try to promote events asking vapers to protest at the FDA, White House, Congress, etc.

Unless it is an effort that major advocacy groups are involved with, I strongly encourage you to not to participate in these events (and urge others to focus their efforts in more productive places). There are numerous potential problems with such an event, especially one that is hastily thrown together with no real plan.

Additionally,I want to even more strongly urge vapers not to fall for PR traps, like the FDA saying they'll allow you to "interview" them. It will not turn out good. At all.

When such an event is proposed, please look into the person hosting the event. Is he or she really a positive representative of the vaping community?

Sincerely,
Gregory Conley
President -- American vaping Association

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I think if about a thousand of the cloud fraternity got together and smogged out
a large swath of a major metropolitan area including gamma's,babies and, the flora
and fauna once it was realized that gamma and babies were just fine,the birds were
still chirping in the tree's and the flowers were not all wilted as if the were hosed
down with roundup,maybe,just maybe that might figure out that second hand vape
ain't going to hurt you.

Note to cloud fraternity, use cake flavored juice. I know that may be cheating
and against international treaties but, who doesn't like cake?:)
Regards
Mike

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Urgent message from Gregory Conley, President of American Vaping Association...

Via Gregory Conley
*Please share this in vapor circles (you'll likely need to copy and paste the below message to do so) *

Over the next 27 months, there are going to be a lot of well-meaning (but ultimately dangerous) people that are going to try to promote events asking vapers to protest at the FDA, White House, Congress, etc.

Unless it is an effort that major advocacy groups are involved with, I strongly encourage you to not to participate in these events (and urge others to focus their efforts in more productive places). There are numerous potential problems with such an event, especially one that is hastily thrown together with no real plan.

Additionally,I want to even more strongly urge vapers not to fall for PR traps, like the FDA saying they'll allow you to "interview" them. It will not turn out good. At all.

When such an event is proposed, please look into the person hosting the event. Is he or she really a positive representative of the vaping community?

Sincerely,
Gregory Conley
President -- American Vaping Association

Who the hell is this guy to tell others not to exercise their First Amendment rights? He doesn't even give any specific reasons for this self-censorship he advocates.

Piss off, Gregory.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
Who the hell is this guy to tell others not to exercise their First Amendment rights? He doesn't even give any specific reasons for this self-censorship he advocates.

Piss off, Gregory.
He has good reasons, if you watch the pbusardo video they kinda talk about the same thing

Edit: Spell check

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I think if about a thousand of the cloud fraternity got together and smogged out
a large swath of a major metropolitan area including gamma's,babies and, the flora
and fauna once it was realized that gamma and babies were just fine,the birds were
still chirping in the tree's and the flowers were not all wilted as if the were hosed
down with roundup,maybe,just maybe that might figure out that second hand vape
ain't going to hurt you.

Note to cloud fraternity, use cake flavored juice. I know that may be cheating
and against international treaties but, who doesn't like cake?:)
Regards
Mike
It is exactly why vaping business does not want your "support".

Reactions: ScandaLeX

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana

Piss off, Gregory.

I agree, WTH does this guy mean do NOT PROTEST all the laws/regulations the FDA, White House, Congress, etc. are trying to pass.

We need to protest and this guy(Greg) sound like a Anti-Vaper to me.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
He has good reasons, if you watch the pbisardo video yhey kinda talk about the same thing

If he has good reasons, he should state them. Just saying "don't protest, cause it might not look good" is ridiculous. We're well past that namby-pamby approach, at this point.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I agree, WTH does this guy mean do NOT PROTEST all the laws/regulations the FDA, White House, Congress, etc. are trying to pass.

We need to protest and this guy(Greg) sound like a Anti-Vaper to me.

He's not anti-vaper, just weak and ineffective.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need activism. Mr. Conley's brand of polite "advocacy" has accomplished jack squat, and is actively ignored by entities like the FDA.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
If he has good reasons, he should state them. Just saying "don't protest, cause it might not look good" is ridiculous. We're well past that namby-pamby approach, at this point.
Watch this video. It is long but if anyone gives two craps about the future of vaping they can find the time

From what i gathered its not time yet for crowds and protests. If all ells fails then there is the time. What we need to do right now is push for the bishop cole amendment, help the lawsuits and spread the truth. Going and yelling and blowing clouds on the doorsteps of the Whitehouse will not help right now.

Again im no politician or lawyer, but i do know one thing. Its all about perception, We need to be ADULTS, be PROPER and ATTACK this with a very organized and grown up approach. When it comes to courts, federal, government, they are not gonna listen to "{Moderated} FDA"

We need to be seen as a legitimate business/ culture, not just a bunch of kids with a hobby

If you say {Moderated} to that last statement then I do not want you supporting vaping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Watch this video. It is long but ...
No, not "quite long" but unacceptably long. When I started with vaping I tried to watch some of Busadro's videos, but never been able to finish them. Too long, too diluted. So, I ignore them.
Going and yelling and blowing clouds on the doorsteps of the Whitehouse will not help right now.
While blowing clouds definitely will not help, going and yelling may help (learn from others, such as ...)

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Watch this video. It is long but if anyone gives two craps about the future of vaping they can find the time

From what i gathered its not time yet for crowds and protests. If all ells fails then there is the time. What we need to do right now is push for the bishop cole amendment, help the lawsuits and spread the truth. Going and yelling and blowing clouds on the doorsteps of the Whitehouse will not help right now.

Again im no politician or lawyer, but i do know one thing. Its all about perception, We need to be ADULTS, be PROPER and ATTACK this with a very organized and grown up approach. When it comes to courts, federal, government, they are not gonna listen to "FU FDA"

We need to be seen as a legitimate business/ culture, not just a bunch of kids with a hobby

If you say FU to that last statement then I do not want you supporting vaping.

I've already seen the video, thanks.

Protests don't need to be "managed from the top", nor should they be artificially limited in number.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yea us poor dumb vapers are too easily brainwashed and manipulated.
Stand aside and let Greg and his professional organization handle it.
o_O

Greg seems to want his group to dictate the narrative.

Dear Greg,
For some of us, this isnt our first rodeo.
Your rudimentary PR skills assure me that you are painfully unqualified to lead the fight against the FDAs criminal attempt to hijack the industry.

How about you specifically listing the actions your group has taken on our behalf?

Thanks,
A.Vaper.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
I've already seen the video, thanks.

Protests don't need to be "managed from the top", nor should they be artificially limited in number.
You must not have watched very hard. They point out your exact statement.

People. I don't know about this guy. I know there are some that are trying to lead this fight and control every aspect of it. I dont think hes one, but i could be wrong. I think, these people are just trying to help. Take it for what you will.

You see. This is the whole problem. All I've heard already in this thread is, nope don't want him, tell him to piss off. The MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS FIGHT THIS THING TOGETHER AND STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER, IF YOU EVER WANT TO BUY A NEW MOD AGAIN THAN STOP BEATING UP EACHOTHER AND COME TOGETHER FOR .... SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43]

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You must not have watched very hard. They point out your exact statement.

People. I don't know about this guy. I know there are some that are trying to lead this fight and control every aspect of it. I dont think hes one, but i could be wrong. I think, these people are just trying to help. Take it for what you will.

You see. This is the whole problem. All I've heard already in this thread is, nope don't want him, tell him to piss off. The MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS FIGHT THIS THING TOGETHER AND STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER, IF YOU EVER WANT TO BUY A NEW MOD AGAIN THAN STOP BEATING UP EACHOTHER AND COME TOGETHER FOR .... SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43] [emoji43]

Voting is the only power we have.
Voting and writing your representatives, using your vote to influence political office is the only answer.

Any group or person trying to control the narrative or pushing any action other than voting has an agenda and shouldnt be trusted.

Gregory has an agenda.
He isnt exlerienced enough to hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread