US NAVY BANS E-Cigs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
and now the "MCO" marine corps order rumor is friggin going...
something about not being "FDA" approved....
I guess they need to get rid of all the GNC stores on base's too...

Damn 10 years in the military and still its a rumor mill...
i have not heard any more crap , other than the Marines saying they are waiting..

justaguy0

Aug 12, 2009
First and foremost, having been prior-E and now part of the "dark side" of the ol' military. I can pretty much guarantee that absolutely no repercussions can be "handed out" for e-cigs until an actual Written Policy (local, group, fleet, or DoD wide), Regulation, or an Amendment to a Regulation is in place. You can't just go by "word of mouth" or some Ensigns verbal warning or rumor that they've been banned, outlawed, or what have you.

Remember when that fellow got his tounge "forked" in... I believe it was the Army? They took 2-3 years to finally put in a policy that no military member shall have his/her tounge forked, and they gave the guy that was already in with it forked a waiver. So until there's a "formal policy" I wouldn't worry about it.

Now then, if someone DOES write up a formal policy and it's unit specific, or local to your port / ship.... that doesn't mean it's banned Navy wide, and someone... even you... could ask for a formal appeal.

M0dM4n :)

May 22, 2010
Earth
and now the "MCO" marine corps order rumor is friggin going...
something about not being "FDA" approved....
I guess they need to get rid of all the GNC stores on base's too...

Damn 10 years in the military and still its a rumor mill...
i have not heard any more crap , other than the Marines saying they are waiting..

*All of this is my own personal opinion and there has been no technical research other than common sense. The US Navy has no affiliation with my opinions and no ties to this post what so ever.*

Brown,

I'll stick with the 1 or 2 "potentially" cancerous chemicals rather then inhaling actual burning plant matter with the 4000+ chemicals that are known to kill more people than any and all wars we have ever had combined every single year on top of anything and everything else that has ever killed mankind. It's sick to think that cigarettes and alcohol are the only two legal items we can use when they are the two leading causes of death. Oh, lots and lots of pain-pills to. The FDA no longer serves the purpose it was created for because they are under the big 3's control. It is so obvious that it is embarrassing to think anyone actually listens to a word they have to say anymore. I may not have to right to free speech, but I sure can be convicted for fighting in what I believe in! Even if that chemical or two does turn up, at the worst it is still 10000 times better then cigarettes!!!!! What the FDA (big tobacco) is ...... about is they are not getting any money out of this! People are starting to see that we save thousands of dollars a year (if not more) in money and are healthier then the current smokers. Doctors are recommending them openly and no one is buying their crap. Until they can TAX it, add 4000+ chemicals that kill you faster than a bullet to the head, and overprice the crap out of it, they will not be happy. And I bet the few "Samples" they got were cross contaminated with all the death on their hands. If they ban the E-Cig, I will be compliant because I am here to serve, not vape. BUT until they come out with a "vegetable glycol nicotine drug test", I think there will be many 'counsel chits' that get lost, EMI, secured liberty and any other slap on the wrist for making the smarter choice.

I am glad the Navy is thinking about this. I wish the F*D*A* (I have my own meaning for their acronym) would stop getting paid billions to try and find one little thing to blow out of proportion so DOD employees and Military can finally say the Navy is smarter than that!

Moddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread