Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Did anyone see this in USA today? I had stopped by my main office and the company owner and I stepped out so he could smoke. He was like, so you are still vaping huh? Did you see the article in USA Today about how bad they are? So I looked it up... Same old lousy reporting IMO. I didn't see any thread here on this one, so thought I would drop it in.

High-tech smokes help some kick habit, but are they safe? - USATODAY.com

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Yea, a few million of us are using them and not slowly killing ourselves, now we just have to get the press to pick up on that and it will solve a lot of problems. To bad we can't afford the full page BS ads and 1 min spots that BP uses, half of which tells you how their latest and greatest drug will kill you.:blush::2c:

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I find it such a freaking riot that these Politicians want to Ban e-cigs but not the real Cigarettes, doesnt this pretty much show that they are all on the take or at least the ones trying to do this, if they arent getting kick backs from either Big tobacco, Big Pharma, and others I will eat crow live on youtube, there such a dirty group of dirty politicains all on the dam take it makes me sick to my stomach that there actually representing us or supposedly representing all of us. Personally I feel every dam one of them should be investagted that is trying to ban e-cigs, there bank Acct, houses, Cars, everything they own should be looked into including there country club memberships and where all there money came from ! Period

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Honest Politician ... Isn't that an "Oxymoron" ???

Pointer.JPG

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Thanks for the pointer to the article on the NYS ban.

Yes, but please be aware that that second article was also from a year ago. More importantly, there IS no NYS ban, nor is one currently being threatened. We seem to have defeated the proposed e-cig sales ban two years in a row (it was introduced in 2010 and again in 2011), and more recent statements made by its main proponent, Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, are that for this year's legislative session she intends to change her proposal to be a sales to minors ban only.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
(Not the quotes from Linda Rosenthal!)

"So I did some research," said Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, a Manhattan Democrat and 20-year smoker who quit more than a dozen years ago. "I found what is in the e-cigarettes is a mystery."

you know there is a fascinating undertone to the anti position. i've noticed when discussing with some of them in person. a lot of these folks quit the hard way. it's sheer envy.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
sorry, but this comment was so good i had to repost it here. i just love that folks are seeing the red herrings thrown by both sides.

deusXmchna said:
This is a lobbyist V people issue. Not a Dem V Rep issue. Both sides of the aisle have their pockets filled by someone who doesn't want this to continue, tobacco lobby, Pharma Co lobby, possibly manufacturing lobbies. Don't muddy the waters by throwing partisan politics into it. Partisan politics, 95+% of the time are just red herring to keep the PEOPLE from talking to EACH OTHER. If we all started talking to each other, we'd quickly see that we have far more in common than our gov't wants us to.

I got a kick out of this>>> New Jersey Global Advisors on Smokefree Policy Why the hell does New Jersey have a GLOBAL anything? Don't they have enough of their own problems?

"Ican't point to anything to say it's 100% safe," Keller said. "The thing is, it only needs to be safer

Translation.... I don't know how safe they are. They could be safe or maybe they're not safe, but all I know is ...they need to be more safe...lol...Huh???

Spoken like a true BS politician.

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
LOL, Warm, you've misread that one, big time!

Rosenthal is the politician saying e-cigs are not proven to be 100% safe, so we must ban sales in NY. Keller, on the other hand, is the e-cig activist/defender pointing out the absurdity of Rosenthal's position. That is, nothing is 100% safe - eg, you can die if you drink too much water - all we need to know about e-cigs is that they are indeed (much) safer than smoking!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I got a kick out of this>>> New Jersey Global Advisors on Smokefree Policy Why the hell does New Jersey have a GLOBAL anything? Don't they have enough of their own problems?

Translation.... I don't know how safe they are. They could be safe or maybe they're not safe, but all I know is ...they need to be more safe...lol...Huh???

Spoken like a true BS politician.

LOL, Warm, you've misread that one, big time!

Rosenthal is the politician saying e-cigs are not proven to be 100% safe, so we must ban sales in NY. Keller, on the other hand, is the e-cig activist/defender pointing out the absurdity of Rosenthal's position. That is, nothing is 100% safe - eg, you can die if you drink too much water - all we need to know about e-cigs is that they are indeed (much) safer than smoking!

ROFLMAO!! That is really funny - calling Elaine a "true BS politician!" Of course, that is what the ANTZ would want people to believe!!

Warm&Fuzzy - Yvilla is totally correct. Elaine Keller is the president of CASAA - our group that tries to STOP e-cigarette bans and educate the public about tobacco harm reduction. Her point was that e-cigarettes shouldn't have to be proven "100% safe," they just have to be "safer than smoking," which is their intended purpose.

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Ladies, I thank you for jumping to my defense.

Warm&Fuzzy: Let me put it another way.

Remember the story about two campers being chased by a bear? One guy says, "Do you think you can outrun a bear?" The other guy says, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I only need to outrun you!"

So that's what I meant about e-cig safety. They don't have to be safe. They only have to safer than what I was doing before (i.e. inhaling smoke) for me to consider the situation improved.

My lungs appear to agree with my assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread