Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi
I use and ac/usb wall plug, plugged into a surge suppresor. It's output is 2A. However my PT cord is not long enough to reach it. (Inline battery Joye 510) Can I use an extension cord? If so do I need an active or a passive cord?

Also....do you know of an AC powered USB hub that I can use to run the PT without it being connected to the computer?

Thank You!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Hi
I use and ac/usb wall plug, plugged into a surge suppresor. It's output is 2A. However my PT cord is not long enough to reach it. (Inline battery Joye 510) Can I use an extension cord? If so do I need an active or a passive cord?

Also....do you know of an AC powered USB hub that I can use to run the PT without it being connected to the computer?

Thank You!

As for an AC powered hub, Microcenter sells a bunch of different ones, but you don't always get current rating info.

You can use a USB extension, no problem. I don't know whether mine are active or passive, but I've used several with no problems. Best to use a nice thick one, as it has less resistance. The AC/USB wallwart I have is from Radio Shack, has 2 Amp output, and variable voltage settings, including 5V, and a relatively long USB cable coming off of it, and is built to last and has a warranty backing that up. If your 2 Amp unit is the cheaper Chinese unit with two USB ports that was popular in ECF a few months back, don't expect it to live for more than a month or so. PTs are not always kind to what they are plugged into. Good move to keep it off the computer motherboard though. Even the hubs I used had ports toasted in them. Best to get a good beefy one that is built to take the serious load of a PT.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread