Utterly confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huncker

Aug 20, 2010
Missouri
I have read many threads about how to start with e-cigs but I'm more confused than ever! For various reasons i am forced to quit analogs but i have failed every attempt. I refuse to take Chantix (a drug that supposedly helps with smoking cessation but has horrible side-affects) and no other method has been effective for me. So e-cigs are my last best hope.

Since I am committed to this, I don't want to start with one that I will have to change from later. So this is my question;

What is your recommendation for a first battery mod and starting supplies for it?

Any help on any aspect would be appreciated. Also, comments from members that started with a battery mod instead of a 'standard' e-cig kit are especially welcome.

soxdiehard

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
maine
hey hunker!!! welcome to ecf!! i would recomend the kr808d its what i started with and still have. very nice piece!!!! vapor 4 life has a starter kit which i bought when i started and they have the accessories. but dont be afraid to check out other vendors for the 808. i would recomend tasty vapor for your liquids but they only sell 1 oz bottles, so if u dont know what u like yet, i would try some 5ml's from V4L.

good luck and stick with it, it a blast!!!!!

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I didn't start with a mod, but I'm a month into vaping and I've already bought two of them.

I started with the eGo and that got me going. After a couple of weeks I started to hate filling and refilling carts and cartos. So I bought a Mr. Puffer mod off the classifieds and that changed everything for me. It has a 3ml bottle that feeds a modified cart. I was in heaven. Then I saw the new Ali'i from the maker of the Kaji (Journeyman) and I knew that was the one for me. I have one coming this week as part of the preorder. I can't wait. 6ml bottle feeding system with a 18650 2600mah battery. :D And you can't beat the craftmanship. The thing is beautiful. Below is a link to the manufacturer thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-manufacturing-custom-ordering-now-open.html

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I did not start with a mod, but if you want the most bang for your buck, I would go with a variable voltage mod.

The Little Sister is about $65, and you can find what level of power works for you. It goes from 0 all the way to 7v. It uses a 510 connection, which is a very common and diverse connection. There are 510 atomizers and cartomizers, so you can find which of those you like as well.

Inexpensive and highly versatile.

I'm sure the mod pros will weigh in shortly. :)

Windpray

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
Louisiana
I wish that there was a simple answer to your question but we are all different and we all came to this journey (and it is a journey) from different levels of smoking and lenghts of time, I smoked 47+ years and have gone thru 3 types of e-cigs, I am now using V4L XL batteries manual with cool carts but I didn't like V4L juice, however many do. I have 6 batteries and many cartomizers and a car charger and 2 chargers electric, and it is working for me as I do not like to drip ( I am too lazy) LOL Beem smoke free since July 2nd. Oh and I am using 24mg nicotine now but plan on reducing that level in the next month or so to maybe 18mg.

gice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Northridge

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
Hey Huncker,
Just started mine on Friday, I was soooo confused as well, soo much out there and it really is personal preference.
I got a 902 from Modern Vapor and some e-juices that just came in today from Mad Vapes and haven't picked up an analog cig since Friday, don't even WANT one....I had been smoking for 40 years...ICK...
I'm still learning, today is the first day I've filled a cart and trying to work that out, but not for nothing, it keeps you busy and mind off of the smelly butts! LOL...
If you have to quit and your like me (totally no will power to get off the nasties)this is the one thing I say might do this for me! For me it will be trial and error......LOL...
THIS is a great place to begin...great people and TONS of thread (been looking since last tuesday and spend ALOT of time in here now.....LOL)
Welcome aboard the FREEDOM TRAIN! TOOT TOOT (VAPE VAPE)
Bonus side to it, I don't stink, people that smoke are smelly to me now, and I can do this inside...LOL...no more sweating my tail off in the hot summer sun or in the rain...or the snow...LOL...

Huncker

Aug 20, 2010
Missouri
Bonus side to it, I don't stink, people that smoke are smelly to me now, and I can do this inside...LOL...no more sweating my tail off in the hot summer sun or in the rain...or the snow...LOL...

My wife is a non-smoker, so I smoke outside (also, I don't like to stink up the house!) I live in southeastern Missouri, so the weather is a MAJOR pain in the ....! About the last of July through mid August, the high temps were from 95 to 101 with heat indices from 100 to 115! Winter is just as bad with wind chills around 5 to 15 degrees, and that is Fahrenheit my friends!

Deafmomm

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
I got my 510 on Friday and haven't had the urge to even pick up an analog since then. I've already ordered an eGo for better battery life. (I'm having to recharge my 510s about every hour and a half). I was a pack and a half a day smoker for over 20 years. I think you will be amazed at how easy it is to quit with a PV!

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
DeafMomm, I haven't even cared to pick one up now....and the best thing is all the flavors to choose from! it keeps you busy, you won't have TIME to think about the smellies....LOL..AND your wife will WANT to hug you now...AND you can do it inside and not worry about 2nd hand smoke or stinking up the joint or ruining your paint on the walls...LOL...woo hoo to freedom! My hubby still can't get over me vapiing inside, he is skeptical and trying to quit cold turkey, good LUCK with that....he tried mine but wasn't impressed? He's a hard cookie to crumble....LOL...

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think an eGo is a great starting point now. Many of us waded through the evolution of things...now is a great time to jump in as you can get a really great device for not a lot of money.

The eGo kits are reasonbly priced at cignot.com and for extra uummpph you can pick up some LR510 atomizers (low resistance). I tell folks to get a drip tip right off the bat nowadays... easy, no fuss and you can try different flavors on the fly. Of course add some juice to the order and you're good to go.

Eventually you will want to look at other devices probably but the eGo is a solid device and after you have that you can just buy bigger batteries, etc. without having to buy a full kit.

Good luck! Easiest transition ever for me and I smoked more than 25 years....Haven't smoked in well over a year now and don't miss it a BIT!

euphos

Aug 25, 2010
WI
I got my eGo in the mail on Friday after work. Had my last analog Friday evening. Haven't missed them yet! I did quite a bit or research before buying. I also didn't want to waste money on something I would need to "Upgrade" right away, With the eGo so far, I don't look as it being my last PV, but rather my regular for now, that I'll likely always have a use for. It's still small enough to fit in my pocket when I go out, or while doing things around the house. If I decide to go with a mod, or larger box type self feed system in the future, i would not want that to be because of the eGo's shortcomings, but rather a specific "want". I'm very happy with the eGo so far. The stock carts (MLB) are...meh, but the menthol from RMV is good, and has satisfied my cravings for my analog MML's (or "golds" now).

Have some RY5 coming soon from FreedomSmokeUSA, and a SS widemouth T-Tip drip tip coming also. Soon, I'll be looking for some eGo Mega carts & atty's. Don't want to steal the OP's thread, but anyone with prefs for the cone or cylinder, please PM me. Think I like the look of the cone better, even with the smaller ml size.

Stlphilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Since I smoke about a pack a day I figure battery life is going to be my major concern. I was thinking about a Silver Bullet because of all of the good reviews and I don't care about an 'analog looking' e-cig. Anyone find any negative reviews for the SB?

I was torn between the SB and the Prodigy V3 and went with the V3 because it was smaller, The SB was huge. Also the Prodigy V3 can be used 3.7v or 6v.

Do you ever make it to St. Louis? If so you can talk to Jayson from Elite Vapor Works here in St. Louis who has some great Juice with great flavor. I contacted him and went and sampled a ton of flavors...it was great because I did not have to spend a ton of money on juice that I wasn't going to use or like...His waffle is amazing btw lol.

Also Sep 18 is the St. Louis meet up if you want to go, you can check the group in your area and find out when their meeting is.

Well good luck to you hope your able to make up your mind soon lol..I remember how it was for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread