V2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
ca
$20 for an upgrade? I've only had mine for about a month or so and I don't see a problem with that. They could have released the info earlier and gave people the chance to wait on the v2 if they wanted, but for that modest upgrade price the only thing I'm worried about is the length of time I would be without my provari!

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
They would probably have problems offing the old ones. Its just marketing. Yea, it sucks that mine is only a month old, but I don't have any DCC 1.5s, so no loss really. And I wouldn't want to go with out this thing for that long to get the upgrade. I emaild them to see if I still qualify....

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
$20 for an upgrade? I've only had mine for about a month or so and I don't see a problem with that. They could have released the info earlier and gave people the chance to wait on the v2 if they wanted, but for that modest upgrade price the only thing I'm worried about is the length of time I would be without my provari!
Good points!! I'm in the same boat as you, but v1 version is great for me. It's normal to want the latest and greatest however, but for 20 bucks an upgrade is available and I think it's great that Provape makes the upgrade available! I would not expect them to, but the service will be appreciated by many!

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
They would probably have problems offing the old ones. Its just marketing. Yea, it sucks that mine is only a month old, but I don't have any DCC 1.5s, so no loss really. And I wouldn't want to go with out this thing for that long to get the upgrade. I emaild them to see if I still qualify....

I don't think they will have a problem since the upgrade is only $20 retail.
That means, it costs them less and they would just upgrade whatever they have
in stock of V1 to V2. Cosmetically, its the same.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I should check out this section more often.....lol. I was really happy to find out that I can get my 'Vari upgraded to V2 for such a reasonable price. This will allow me to use up the boxes of LR cartos I have accumulated and the 'Vari becomes much more versatile. Can't say I'm a big fan of dual coils, but for some reason I ended up with a bunch of LR Boges. Twenty bucks is more than fair to me to be able to use them and no one will get left in the dust if they want the latest and greatest technology. 2.9 - 6.0 volts, higher amp limit, and like they say on the site, "no more screwing around" ...... fantastic!!!!
Thanks, ProVape, for taking such great care of your current and future customers.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I sent one in for repairs new pcb installed turn around in less then 1 week.I mailed out on last Saturday got it back on Friday these guys are great and fast.You shouldn't worry about getting V2 unless you have a bunch or lr stuff to use.Get 2.0 ohm and up and your have full range the v2 will cover good when you get a bad carto that ohms out less then it's suppose to so yes it can be a good feature.

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
A lot of the pre ship time for new orders is the finish I think, the upgrade turnaround seems to be pretty quick since it's electronic changes.

I ordered the Satin with instock batteries the 18650s where back ordered so I went with the standard as they were instock didnt want to hold up my order, The 18650s are now instock and my order is still not shipped. Guess I have gotten spoiled with most of the other vendors shipping sameday or next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread