Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Yes I meant it won't go in at all, maybe for only 1/4 turn at most. I am ripping my hair off trying to determine if I got a defective Hippo v2 or if the tatroe bases are not strictly 7mm x .5 thread. I got two tatroe bases and neither will go into the Hippo v2 at all :(
Very weird, I had ten tanks with cartos and 2 bcc tanks and they screwed into the hippo like they should and then this one would not go about a quarter turn without feeling that something was going to get damaged!! I just tried another new carto, it would not work but a third new one out of the pack crewed in like butter!! Tells me, the threading is just slightly irregular on these few I have that won't srew down....ummm....or do we contact vendor, I will ponder on this one.

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
Very weird, I had ten tanks with cartos and 2 bcc tanks and they screwed into the hippo like they should and then this one would not go about a quarter turn without feeling that something was going to get damaged!! I just tried another new carto, it would not work but a third new one out of the pack crewed in like butter!! Tells me, the threading is just slightly irregular on these few I have that won't srew down....ummm....or do we contact vendor, I will ponder on this one.

Ye I'm especially concerned with the tatroe tank base, so I was trying to find if anyone here happen to own one and if they are able to screw the base onto the Hippo. That way I can determine if the fault is of Hippo's threading or Tatroe base threading. Sounds easy enough but the weirdest part is that: PT2 will fit both Hippo and Provari, while Tatroe base only fit Provari but not Hippo. One of them must be slightly different from the rest, and that would be the one that I want to use a die or tap on.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Crapsicles! Just seeing the title of this thread reminded me to go see if Atmistique had any Hippo V2s in stock...

Two Hippo V2s (had to get both the SS and Brass because Curse of the Bwonze Gween!) and a Gemini drip later - my CC just went all Blair Witch on me and is now crying in the corner of the basement.

:facepalm:

(I now have a guilty "-atitude" and must make amends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread