Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
When I saw this post, I had to grab one of mine, and take a good look at it, I had not seen a screw driver slot in it, but sure enough there it is. I had never seen one, on the top side before, learn something new every day. :)

That's one of the features I really like about it... :)

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Well, I'm glad I asked. And thanks for the quick response. Now I just have to find my little tech flathead.

I'm going to attempt to brush the brass KirF Bottom Extension to match soon. Forgot to grab some emery cloth from work yesterday. I do have some 400 Grit paper lying around, maybe I'll give that a go. I'll put up pics soon.

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
Preloader - Glad the brass one arrived!

I had the same issue with the SS one I bought while trying it with a KF tank. I adjusted the center pin up a little and it made contact but the draw was a bit tight even with the airflow hole lined up and open. I listed it for sale in the classified section because I wasn't seeing a big benefit from using it... but maybe I was doing something wrong??

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Preloader - Glad the brass one arrived!

I had the same issue with the SS one I bought while trying it with a KF tank. I adjusted the center pin up a little and it made contact but the draw was a bit tight even with the airflow hole lined up and open. I listed it for sale in the classified section because I wasn't seeing a big benefit from using it... but maybe I was doing something wrong??

I'm not sure what could be causing the tight draw.. I don't use cartos much, but the couple I did try had a pretty loose draw when wide-open. My Terminator C is actually too loose, and I need to close it a good bit. I sent you a PM regarding buying it. ;) When you adjusted the pin, you did use a screwdriver to turn, and not pry it up, correct?

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Uggggh. IMGur is being a ....-head right now, won't let me upload. So I'll attach a pic. The 400 grit worked great, matches the brush on the brass hippo flawlessly.

photo.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Jetcity, I was experiencing tight draw after I raised the pin. But I got it fixed.

You know the slot in the center contact pin? Well I turned it just a little so that slot lines up with the intake hole of the Hippo's core. Presto, air has a nice straight entry point.

Good tip I wasn't aware of.. :)

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it did help but it still doesn't give me enough. I bought a couple of beauty rings first and ran into airflow issues so that's why I bought the hippo.

My hubby is going to try to make me the perfect ring that looks good and functions (I mentioned in another thread he's a machinist). I'll post pics when it's complete. :)

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I have had mine for a few weeks. It works great.

I always felt the draw was tighter on the Provari, than it was on my Segelei Zmax V3 flat top. Protank 2 would not work, tighter draw on my Phiniac tank with Boge XL cartos, and on my Dbox Puritank. Now with the Hippo2, everything is great. The Hippo1, was a dud. I use it now on my RDAs and RBAs.

If your topper leaves a little gap, between the Hippo2 and the bottom of the topper, you can slide the ring up slightly to fill in the gap.

Greg W.

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
Anyone here using tank other than PT2? PT2 works great with the Hippo. But two other tanks (bases) I used will not screw into the Hippo V2. Most importantly, Tatroe tank base will not screw into the Hippo V2!! I'm very frustrated atm because tatroe base look much better than the PT2's base. Also, these tank bases that will not screw into the Hippo V2 all can be screwed into the Provari... I am quite confused right now.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Anyone here using tank other than PT2? PT2 works great with the Hippo. But two other tanks (bases) I used will not screw into the Hippo V2. Most importantly, Tatroe tank base will not screw into the Hippo V2!! I'm very frustrated atm because tatroe base look much better than the PT2's base. Also, these tank bases that will not screw into the Hippo V2 all can be screwed into the Provari... I am quite confused right now.
There is an adjustable screw in the top of the hippo v2 that can be turned to help make the connection. If you are talking about not screwing in as if it gets hung up and strip something, I had that problem tonite with an ikenvape carto, never had any trouble with a carto not screwing into the hippo as if your screwing directly into the provari...I'm thinking threads just not quite right on that carto as all of my others so far screw in fine even the hyper tanks bcc.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I'm currently using the hippo v2 on my mini witha hypertank. Does anyone else think the draw is too tight even with the air adjuster set fully open?

Not as airy as I would expect with the hippo but totally closed and there is not any draw to speak of!! I have a hard time seeing the holes to line up so I do it by sucking and turning at the same time to find the open hole...it is ok!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread