V4L batteries and LR cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
It will Cerver sir. The V4L batts run at 4.2 at full charge, then drop to 3.6 at death. The wow cartos run at 2.1-2.4 ohm's and run without issue. I had one wow at 2.0, no issues from using it on my pt or any batt's (never got to test it on a king diamond though, was before it's release), it did run hot though. Only one I've found with that low resistance, so considered it an anomaly, but all the wow's run hotter....

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
So i got the LR cartos (megas) from IKV and they are good, but not great.

They seem to burn through the juice fairly quickly and have a bad taste about 1/2 through the juice. But when i go to fill it, i only get about 20 drops in and its full where the carto holds 60-70 drops total.

They hit okay, nice and hot, but the weird taste and the fast burning of the juice is just not worth it. I use the mega cartos and i like not having to fill them up 1-2 times per day. I can fill a normal res carto and be good for a solid 2 days. pair that with my pigcig batt and i can go 2 full days without a charge or a refill of carto.

Ty for the help though mates, i do appreciate it.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
The new Iken LR megas don't work (no connection) on my newer V4L batts. Isaac mentioned to me that he's heard the same from a few other folks. Iken's standard megas do work fine with all of my V4L batts. I prefer the megas' lighter draw and longer vape time, but the actual taste of coolcarts is clearly better to my buds. Still waiting for my perfect carto, preferably mega and with adjustable draw. :2cool:

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
i used to use cool carts, but refilling them during the day or making sure i have a few extra filled ones with me was a drag. The IKV normal res cartos seem to hit perfectly and last a long time for me. I do like the taste that they output.

the LR megas that i got seem to work on my V4L older batts (not the new ones) and my PT from V4L and my pigcig from LeCig.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Cerver sir that may actually be the wick itself burning. Didn't realize you were using megas, their biggest draw back is wicking time, it can't keep up with chain vaping, and since it's lr, that problem will be further amplified.... Sorry sir.

It seems to be fine for the first 1/2 of the cart, hits hot and nice on my throat. but after that it begins to taste weird, like something is burning. So i guess that would explain it. I do not normally CV but i will take a few puffs in a row from time to time.

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
I'm currently using an ikenvape standard mega carto (not LR) and have been using the same one for over a week. It's not liking the new v4l stealth battery, but works great on all the others and the passthrough. I've never had a burning taste with it -- these things hold a phenomenal amount of juice, so make sure you're putting enough in there to start...I didn't measure drops on my first fill, but I think I put a regular cool cart's worth in first, then did a spin, then another cool cart's worth in and spun again. Add about 10 drops every couple of hours of chainvaping...

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I like the mega cartos from IKV. I just use V4L batts on them. But I would like to use the LR from IKV on my v4l batts but I don't know the ohm and can't seem to find it by googling.

From my experience, the LR cartos don't like anything 3.7V or over, which V4L batts are. Talking from experience here:facepalm:

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I'm currently using an ikenvape standard mega carto (not LR) and have been using the same one for over a week. It's not liking the new v4l stealth battery, but works great on all the others and the passthrough. I've never had a burning taste with it -- these things hold a phenomenal amount of juice, so make sure you're putting enough in there to start...I didn't measure drops on my first fill, but I think I put a regular cool cart's worth in first, then did a spin, then another cool cart's worth in and spun again. Add about 10 drops every couple of hours of chainvaping...

Yes i never had the burnt taste with the standard IKV megas, just the LR ones.

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I've been using the mega and lr mega's from Iken and haven't had any issues. On the LR's, if I'm chain vaping it, I shake like a thermometer once in a while to shake the juice down. Just a couple of good downward thrusts and all is well...back to vaping glory.

what batts @ what volts, do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread