V4Life VaporKing battery? - hard draw suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.

madglee

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi guys,

I bought a v4life VaporKing about one month ago. It came with two batteries, a USB passthrough, and PCC. For the last 3 weeks they both worked great - the draw was smooth and great if the battery was charged fully. Last week, one of the batteries started making it really hard to draw anything - but if I used it in the other battery or the USB passthrough it was fine, so I know it wasn't the cart.

Now this week the other battery is doing the same thing. The tiny holes don't seem to be clogged up. USB passthrough still draws great.

I've never dripped or anything and I'm not sure if this is an indication that the battery is dying/dead or what. Hopefully not as it's really only been about a month.

Any ideas/similar experiences? Thanks!

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
sounds like its clogged between the center post and the outer threads with the lil holes....take a needle or a toothpick and swipe around the center post.If you look at it with a lite u should see sum build up of that black stuff. You have auto batts rite?....it only happends with the auto batteries.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Cool, thanks a lot guys. That seemed to work well on the first one. Yes, it's an automatic. What do you think that "black" stuff is, exactly?

Have you ever gotten juice on your hands? It's pretty sticky stuff.

Of course, anything sticky instantly becomes a magnet for dust, dirt, pocket lint, etc. Let's not forget the aluminum particles that get scraped off of the cartos when you screw one on or off the battery.

In other words, it's pretty much the same stuff that collects on everything around us. Batteries need love (cleaning) too! ;)

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
My 2-week old Auto Battery became harder and harder to vape, to the point that the LED wouldn't even light up anymore.

I tried using a bit of electronic circuit board cleaner to clear out the holes around the side and the threads - that didnt help at all.

I then tried using a Can of Compressed Air (or "Air Brush") and blew into the sides and center hole - its now good as new! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread