Valley View Vapes - Win a FREE Polypropylene Tank - Weekly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas

Thank you for all the congrats and most of all, thank you, Ray!!!!!!!! You rock! I am so excited about the tank!!!!!! Now, I have to figure out what to get! :)

I survived the storm and this was a nice thing to wake up to! We did get about 30" of snow! The best news is that we did not lose our electricity and heat! We have plenty of goodies to eat.... And, the previous snow had already melted, so it actually could have been way worse if we already had huge snow banks! It is hard for the dog to get out there as the snow is over his head! :)

Post #4: Congrats again and glad you are doing well through the storm

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
1- Gratz Snus, my mother in law in Wareham has no power and tons of snow.

Oh nooooo! I hope they get it restored for her soon! She is on the coast and we are inland.... I heard the winds were way worse along the coast and that there is flooding from the high tide....

Thank you for the nice dances, Lisa and Ocelot!!!!!!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

As The Rules of vape Mail state... The Mail Man will always be late when tracking info reads "Out for Delivery".

So true boardopboy! Sometimes he even delays it another day...I think he quits for the day whether or not he delivered everything that was supposed to be "out for delivery":mad:
One of these days we won't be getting mail on Saturdays at all:ohmy:

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts

So true boardopboy! Sometimes he even delays it another day...I think he quits for the day whether or not he delivered everything that was supposed to be "out for delivery":mad:
One of these days we won't be getting mail on Saturdays at all:ohmy:

Yep, they are officially doing away with Saturday delivery this summer! Not sure of the official date, though.... They have been talking about this for some time, now.... We aren't getting any mail here today, due to the storm...

I just posted in the Contest thread....

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
2) I received some cartos that have me perplexed. They are single coil XL flanged, an unnamed brand, cheapo I'm sure, but I usually get LR and wanted something higher to try on Blemini Cricket. They are marked 2.6 to 2.8ohms and are laser punched on on two sides with an oblong hole rather than a pin hole.

Anyway, when I opened one the filler was much lower than any I've had before (see below), it comes up to approximately where the red line is. Of course, the tank goes all the way to slightly passed the top, so I guess it won't flood (or hasn't so far), but I'm trying to figure out why it's so low. Perhaps since it's short and in a tank there's less of a chance of it getting dry? It's reading at 2.6ohms, but last night it was tasting burned over 4v. It's better today, so perhaps the filler is cheap too and need more time to soak - I don't know. Anyone ever run into these?

vpcarto.jpg

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
TY UNCLE :)

So i know there may be some fans of nicquid here, but i am not one of them.
cherry on top - not impressed
bahama blizzard is more overpowerng menthol and no bahama..
strawberry fuzz, possible the most disappointing, generic mute flavor that doesnt resemble strawberry or (peach)fuzz
peach - this one i like, with the flavor was a bit stronger (x2) but a pleasant vape and is holding it down in my vivi
orange creamsicle - only one i havent tried yet, will do so tonight
now since i won a gift cert for these i dont mind that they are not to my liking, but had i spent the $5 a bottle (5ml) Id be kinda mad
back to Oaks Juices :)

A buck a ml is totally ABSURD!

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
2. Yep I got a couple. So far so good with them. Sometimes get some gurgling/flooding but worked pretty well for me. Hopefully you will have good luck with them. :)
2) I received some cartos that have me perplexed. They are single coil XL flanged, an unnamed brand, cheapo I'm sure, but I usually get LR and wanted something higher to try on Blemini Cricket. They are marked 2.6 to 2.8ohms and are laser punched on on two sides with an oblong hole rather than a pin hole.

Anyway, when I opened one the filler was much lower than any I've had before (see below), it comes up to approximately where the red line is. Of course, the tank goes all the way to slightly passed the top, so I guess it won't flood (or hasn't so far), but I'm trying to figure out why it's so low. Perhaps since it's short and in a tank there's less of a chance of it getting dry? It's reading at 2.6ohms, but last night it was tasting burned over 4v. It's better today, so perhaps the filler is cheap too and need more time to soak - I don't know. Anyone ever run into these?

vpcarto.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
2. Yep I got a couple. So far so good with them. Sometimes get some gurgling/flooding but worked pretty well for me. Hopefully you will have good luck with them. :)

3) I hope so too; so far, so good - but do you think the lesser amount of filler is a cost saving measure or there's supposed to be a point?

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas

vpcarto.jpg

Post #5: the filler material only has to be at the bottom for a cartomizer tank. When the tank is full of juice the liquid will be above the filler, but as you vape and the tank gets low the e-juice is still swimming around the coils. A cartomizer that has filler all the way to the top will look dry in a carto tank system when the e-juice is lower. So you are good there.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Chat: I am not sure that would have made sense to anyone but myself so let me try again.

In a carto tank system the e-liquid is coming through the punched holes to the coil. If the tank is full and you look into the center of the carto it will look saturated. As you vape and the e-juice level drops, lets say to 50% tank capacity, if you look again the filler at the top of the carto will look dry. The e-juice is still going through the punched holes to the coil. So yes they are saving on some material as there is no need for it. The e-juice only needs to be around the coil and material right around the coil. Hope that was better.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Post #5: the filler material only has to be at the bottom for a cartomizer tank. When the tank is full of juice the liquid will be above the filler, but as you vape and the tank gets low the e-juice is still swimming around the coils. A cartomizer that has filler all the way to the top will look dry in a carto tank system when the e-juice is lower. So you are good there.

Chat

I had a feeling since it was in a tank that might be the reason (as well as cost saving). I find I have to top off the regular XLs fairly often even in a tank.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Chat: I am not sure that would have made sense to anyone but myself so let me try again.

In a carto tank system the e-liquid is coming through the punched holes to the coil. If the tank is full and you look into the center of the carto it will look saturated. As you vape and the e-juice level drops, lets say to 50% tank capacity, if you look again the filler at the top of the carto will look dry. The e-juice is still going through the punched holes to the coil. So yes they are saving on some material as there is no need for it. The e-juice only needs to be around the coil and material right around the coil. Hope that was better.

Chat

You made perfect sense to me the first time ;)

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
I know he probably doesn't want me to, but I wanted to add a little tidbit to attest to the caliber of the man we all know as Ray and Valley View Vapes!!. He is donating some goodies to our drawing at the upcoming Vape Meet I have been planning and I wanted to openly express my gratitude and a big "THANK YOU" to Ray for everything as this is so awsome!! :banana: I am super excited about us finally having a meet (my first one), and this makes it even better. :) Your the best Ray!!

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
I know he probably doesn't want me to, but I wanted to add a little tidbit to attest to the caliber of the man we all know as Ray and Valley View Vapes!!. He is donating some goodies to our drawing at the upcoming Vape Meet I have been planning and I wanted to openly express my gratitude and a big "THANK YOU" to Ray for everything as this is so awsome!! :banana: I am super excited about us finally having a meet (my first one), and this makes it even better. :) Your the best Ray!!

No question... Ray is the man.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

Chat

Where is it going to be held?

TroyHoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Greenville MS
Tasted all my experiements from last weekend. ended up mixing them all together and mixing them with my good and plenty and the 30ml bottle of creamy anilla(my creation from ECB I loved the first time but tasted like butter this time). Now I got a big bottle of "plenty Anilla" LOL its actually better then any of the single experiments I had. Just glad its something I kinda like now. Sometimes the unexpected turns out the best LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread