vamo falling apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
purchased a vamo from electronicstix.com on 12/20. received it on 12/24. the tube connected to the head is basically falling off. I've emailed electronicstix to find out if i'm eligible for a replacement. this tube is simply pressed on and in my case is all but falling off when i use it....cheap design for a cheap mod...such as life. attached pics. anyone else come across this with theirs?

P1020203.jpg P1020206.jpg

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
That's the first I've seen of that happening. Mine is put together too good. I tried taking the top connector section off mine and its on really tight. The guy in the video makes it look really easy but somebody must have ate their Wheaties the day mine went together. I'm sure they'll exchange it, but I'd have them send me a new one with a prepaid return label before shipping it back.

edit: If mine did that I'd probably shorten the tube so the extension would be sized for an 18490 IMR, that would be about the perfect setup for me.

Last edited:

mse12

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
US-TN
It shipped that way. When I opened the package I thought it was broke at first until I realized it was just the first tube that was tilted. I straightened it and all was well for a day or so. Now it keeps coming off with no help. It still works well but it is annoying. I don't want to have to push it back on each time I use it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Super glue sounds like a good idea but the metal has to make contact to complete the circuit. I don't know first hand but to think this would insulate the connection. That would be no good.

Dont super glue the whole thing. Just a couple of drops and there still would be plenty of room left for metal to metal contact. I have had to do this on another mod for the same reason. Works great never came apart again

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
My vamo has been really tolerant of me. Once I was wanting to go to 18350 size and the section I wanted to remove wouldn't budge so I said what the hell and got a pliers to get it off. Still wouldnt budge and I thought. It was cheap go for it and tried really solidly. No go. Then I realized that that part didn't unscrew. ). : scratched because I am a ding bat! I love my Vamo. Time will tell how long it will survive me rolling around in the car, me sleeping on it, my dogs sleeping on it and at the bottom of my purse forgetting to turn it off. And lastly the dripping spills the well catches regularly and my sticky e liquid fingers on the buttons. I do clean it up regularly and I also bought a vaporskinz to protect the chrome since I scratched it. Just exchange it for one without the defect. It's a good mod

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I'd try to get some thin brass shim stock and put a bit in and press it back together. If I couldn't easily get any I'd try to use aluminum foil, it shouldn't take much to get it to hold and it would conduct electricity much better than glue, epoxy or tape. Sweating the joint like copper pipe would be the best, but it would ruin the finish. If you want to get rid of it for a slight discount shoot me a PM. I'm wanting to do some playing with the guts of one.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Super glue sounds like a good idea but the metal has to make contact to complete the circuit. I don't know first hand but to think this would insulate the connection. That would be no good.

Super glue is conductive.

Don't ask me how I know, it's a long, complicated, boring story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread