Vamo or Zmax or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
ok so I'm thinking about Christmas, I'd like to get my daughter and son-in-law their 1st mods...

I was kinda thinking Zmax or Vamo...... what would y'all think? or maybe another suggestion?

They've been vaping bout 4 months, I know they really want to move into the mod world but cost
keep them at bay.... sooooooo.....

input??

PS I should add they vape alot more then me... my itaste V3 is plenty for me but they'd tear right through that, it'd always be on charge LOL :)

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Vamo is a great value, I do prefer the Sigelei Zmaxes over my Vamo, mainly because they are smaller, lighter, and to me seem to be better built, but that is just my preference.

MVP, SVD, both by Innokin, maker of the itaste are good also. Smoktech SID is worth looking at. Many other good devices out there and I am sure someone will list them.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Vamo is good, Zmax is good - Or if you are happy with Innokin - what about an MVP2 or Itast 134...even a VTR now that today is the release date :)

I am not certain how helpful I am since I just gave you even more choices :blink: But I would think just pick one for each of them in your price range out of any of those and they will be thrilled and have a great device with good battery!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What should I upgrade to from a vamo2?im thinking about buying myself a Christmas present!

Those new batteries I turned you onto yesterday. [Nudge. Nudge.] :D

That Vamo V5 looks interesting. Although I'm curious as to why they went back to allowing AVG vs RMS power mode.

I'm really diggin' the V3. Most of my other setups are sitting around and getting jealous.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
the sigelei zmax telescoping flat top has been my go to mod - the v3 and now the v5 are well built and require no tubes to keep track of- want to vape all day, simply unwind an put in a 18650: want a pocket friendly size? just put in a 18350 and it fits anywhere. brushed stainless it has survived the occasional misstep. the v5 has the upgraded menu system and removable top cap for cleaning. even with my more expensive dna20 custom mods I still use the zmax everyday and have enjoyed its versatility. you can't go wrong choosing it......

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Another HUGE fan of the Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescope here. Even my wife (who thought that mine looked like an "adult toy for robots") has changed her mind (especially when I showed her just how small it can telescope down) is considering moving from eGo's to this mod. She noticed and agreed that the vaping experience (due to the set-and-forget VW capabilities) is superior and that the "battery budget" would be smaller than replacing eGo's as they die.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The Zmax has a single-button menu, IIRC. With these systems to access the various menu options you have to 'scroll' through a number of options to get to the one you want. Then if you want to change that option again, scroll away once more. I've found these systems rather annoying, imo.
The Vamo has a two button menu access; wanna change voltage/wattage, press a button for immediate results; check battery voltage, press and hold a button; atty resistance, press and hold the other button. This is the feature that keeps the Vamo in my hand all day long :D.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Whatever you do I recommend NOT purchasing a Smoktech Zmax based on my own experience. The Smoktech performed well but developed ever worsening fire button issues. Instead of firing it would randomly start scrolling through the menu and changing values before I could figure out what was happening. As I understand it this is a very common issue with the Smoktech Zmax and to the best of my knowledge has not been corrected.

I now have a Sigelei Zmax telescope and feel it to be a good performing and solid device, much superior in build quality to the Smoktech version. I also have a Vamo V2 in the stable. It is well built for the price in my opinion. My biggest gripe is the top +/- buttons. It is way too easy to accidentally hit one and adjust voltage or wattage up or down. Other than that it performs well for me and is certainly less expensive than the Sigelei Zmax.

second2none

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2009
Sinking Spring, Pa.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that after 2 weeks the post office has just accepted my order! Ordered my V5 from Vivid Smoke it was in my hands in 4 days.
If you order them this kit now, you might get it in time for Christmas. $51.54 Vamo V2 Variable Voltage Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Kit - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Sony 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Then you can throw a protank 2 and a carbon fiber jwrap in their stockings ;)

Last edited:

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN

Its a matter of asthetics for me Zee. I like to put the jwrap on mine and the ribs on the v3 would make it look wonky. The v2 doesnt have those ribs. I have the v4 also which is a the v2 with the v3 guts. Its purely at your preference though. IMHO the vamo, no matter what version is a good price point mod.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Zmax or the Vamo! I just added another Vamo to my collection, the V5 Vamo. I like the Vamo V5's new "Sigelei Zmax like" OLED screen and the dimpled ring on top. Give em some Protank II's as well, they're awesome IMHO! :D

temporary_zpsd4a93e1e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread