VAMO Owners - Pics, Tips, Tricks and Quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
I am loving this thing. Rattle is noticeable, but not a big deal. This is my first VW device, and I love the ability to set it and forget it, no matter what I change on top.

Question, this is my first PV using 18350's. The battery indicator usually shows 3.6 or 3.7 and then shuts off. The 18650's go down to 3.4v, which is the same on my VV Gripper and Lavatube. Is this normal for 18350 batteries?

I have found it to vary depending on the output you have your mod ser to. If I'm using my 1.8 ohm drip tip at 7 watts it will run the battery down to 3.2 or so before it cuts off. But if I'm using a dual coil carto at 14 watts the unit will shut during a draw at around 3.6 volts. The 800 mah 18350s just can't handle the draw like a bigger mah 18650.

So to sum it up, sounds like your vamo is operating normally to me. You might want to try the ultrafire 1200 mah 18350s.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Here is Vamo with Ego threaded clearomizer on it and it works perfectly. No 510 threads on the clearomizer.

rps20121212_221852.jpg

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
Just found a pretty big flaw in mine. When stacking 2 18350 batteries the vamo does not accurately read the resistance of the head you are using. It reads my 1.8 ohm arty as 2.1 ohm and therefore hits harder when using variable wattage. Reads the heads accurately when using a single 18350 or 18650.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
how is that website so cheap. smoktech is double the price. sounds fishy..

Each vendor decides how much profit margin they want to get out of a device, and those ordering straight from China at higher volume are going to get a better price.

I could go out and buy 100 Vamo's for under $15 a piece straight from china if I wanted to ... then resell them for $30, doubling my money. Now if I buy 20 ... I might only get them for $25 a piece. Which means I have to sell them for $50 to double my money.

They're all coming from the same few factories. Difference in price is based on wholesale cost, which is determined by order quantity. If a site is selling them cheaper they're either selling them at a lower profit margin or received a better wholesale price to begin with. That's not to say they're AREN'T ripoff stores on the internet. Most of the vape sites tend to be legit due to large communities like this one who red flag them rather quickly.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
i know all that. just tried to buy one. they are shipping straight from china. they are the stock. i aint waiting 30 days. for ems Bs

Yeah ... price vs shipping time is subjective. Some people would rather spend the extra bucks to get their item ASAP while other don't mind the wait for a "deal". I bought mine straight from China and luckily it should arrive tomorrow! So basically I waited 18 days to receive mine from China. Considering I basically paid HALF of what some others are paying ... an extra week and a half isn't too shabby but I can't deny it wasn't semi-painful. ;)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
18 days? cool. ok i gonna order from them. thanks.

I got mine from Zainy.net though, which is another direct from china site (not sure what site you all were talking about specifically). Not sure how long it would take atm considering we're well in the way of peak shipping season with Christmas right around the corner.

That's kinda why I ordered mine as soon as I did with the sale prices over at Zainy. I knew shipping would get worse as Christmas grew near. So don't quote me on that shipping time. ;)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Ah ok ... yeah, I paid $29.99 for mine and I think the shipping was $3-$5 ... though I ended up buying a few other things. Really good price for a device that performs as well as it does. I assume the shipping time is going to be nearly identical outside of the possible Christmas delays.

All I can tell you is I've ordered a decent amount of items directly from China before and I don't think I've EVER had one actually take 30 days to get to more door. I'm sure it happens, and they say that so you can't make a complaint in case it does ... just hasn't happened to me.

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
Posted in the other thread so might as well in this one :)

Used a template and did a vinyl sticker cut out. I just did plain black as a test but you can use any color or design your heart desires to dress it up. My heart desires a Carbon Fiber cut out.

View attachment 159857

Looks great

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I've had stuff from e-cig suppliers get to me in as little as 5 days and never more than 2 weeks. Stuff I've ordered from DealExtreme has always taken at least 2 weeks. Go figure...

Ah ok ... yeah, I paid $29.99 for mine and I think the shipping was $3-$5 ... though I ended up buying a few other things. Really good price for a device that performs as well as it does. I assume the shipping time is going to be nearly identical outside of the possible Christmas delays.

All I can tell you is I've ordered a decent amount of items directly from China before and I don't think I've EVER had one actually take 30 days to get to more door. I'm sure it happens, and they say that so you can't make a complaint in case it does ... just hasn't happened to me.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
That looks very good!

Posted in the other thread so might as well in this one :)

Used a template and did a vinyl sticker cut out. I just did plain black as a test but you can use any color or design your heart desires to dress it up. My heart desires a Carbon Fiber cut out.

View attachment 159857

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread