Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Honestly if you have the money don't waste your time get a Provari
But if not it all comes down to the most reliable of the two.
I pretty much gave my son my svd, after about a month he has issues
With his foring button, it still works but it no longer has that click it seems
like its pressed down in there.
Provari one year standard warranty, excellent customer service.
they stand behind their stuff

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I have both a Vamo and SVD. The SVD is heavy and huge-even using the small 18350 battery. I like the SVD better though. Seems to perform more consistently. Neither pv are super durable though. I am on my 2nd one of each pv. They just don't hold up to drops. The SVD button is also quirky on mine. I ordered my 2nd one because the first one doesn't fire everytime the button is pushed. I keep having to repush several times to get it to fire. Not sure if its because I dropped it or not.
I have a few provaris and am used to that level of durability. Neither the SVDs or Vamos come close to a provari in quality and performance but they are cheap and enjoyable to use. I wouldn't feel safe if either of them were my only device though. As a backup they are okay devices. the SVD is really cool looking too.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Regarding the OP's first question, I was on the fence about getting a VAMO or SVD when I bought my first mod. I picked the VAMO since it has been reviewed a lot, and most issues have been discovered and fixed. Price point is also a nice thing, from $30 to $50. Doesn't telescope like the SVD, but I only run mine in 18650 mode. Has all the options I wanted also, and I like the ease of use of the buttons, with no wait between clicking them.

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
I have a Zmax and 2 V2 Vamos. I feel the Zmax has better electronics, nicer display and since it telescopes, I can use my three different battery types in it, but since I switch around wattages quite often, the Vamo's are easier to use. The Vamos are also cheaper (Fast Tech). Have an SVD enroute, so not sure on that yet.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Vamo I have know two people that had the buttons either pop off or stop working. I still have my vamo even though I have a Provari and a Zmax V3 telescoping. Now if you want something tougher than a Vamo think about the Zmax. It will use any battery between 18350 to 18650 or even 2 18350's. Mine is SS and tough. The Vamo is easy to set up and check battery voltage or ohms. The Zmax works better with the most atty's and is a bit tougher but not as easy to check ohms. The SVD is just not built tough enough.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vamo I have know two people that had the buttons either pop off or stop working. I still have my vamo even though I have a Provari and a Zmax V3 telescoping. Now if you want something tougher than a Vamo think about the Zmax. It will use any battery between 18350 to 18650 or even 2 18350's. Mine is SS and tough. The Vamo is easy to set up and check battery voltage or ohms. The Zmax works better with the most atty's and is a bit tougher but not as easy to check ohms. The SVD is just not built tough enough.

I think the buttons stopping working happens sooner or later in all mods. I have a Zmax telescope that started working erratically and a Smoktech Gripper that stopped reading resistances. Seems like every 4 months I need a new mod and that frightens me. Thankfully there's Fasttech.

I have had an SVD for a month or so, and I don't own a Vamo. I suggest both are great choices.

Baddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Canada
I just purchased the Innokin iTaste SVD from FastTech and couldn't be happier with my purchase. $37.21 which included international shipping which arrived in 11 days. Being a telescopic mod it allows for various battery types so I just used the 18490's I use in my provari. I'm vaping it right now and it is an excellent unit. The unit I ordered did 'not' come with batteries or charger so if you already have them it is certainly worth consideration imho.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
I love my Vamo, quick and easy to check volts, ohms, and switch between VV or VW, (not that do that much) and it's more than durable enough for me. I have a K100 to carry around and beat the snot out of while I work. I just don't treat my Vamo like it's a Crafstman tool, and I have no problems :)

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
My Vamo v3 from Fasttech didn't last 2 weeks.

What happened? Did you drop it a bunch a times? Mine has been working fine with no worries for about a month.

Only weird thing to happen lately was a slotted boge carto in a tank. It read 2.9 ohm's , then after some use it was reading 4.3 ohm's. Put it on an ohm meter and was reading the same (so wasn't the vamo giving false info). This morning I noticed this carto tank was leaking heavily on the battery. It was a free one from surevapes with an order of punched carto's.

Hence, not digging the slotted carto.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread