ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal

paradoxper

Mar 15, 2014
NM
I'd been using these for a couple of weeks now. Unlike some I know - I rather enjoy the Vamps performance.
Lots of speculation surrounding these batteries, so I decided to just talk to Vamp. Here's their reply.

Thanks for your email. To give you a little insight on the battery, we are working with one of the largest manufacturer in China and had the Vamped Vapor Cell custom made to reach 40 amps. The manufacturer produces millions of batteries for other large name brand batteries. They developed the custom cell for me, and will not release it for anyone else. My manufacturer has told me we have the strongest 18650 battery on the market at 40 amps, and they have not developed anything stronger for anyone.
When it comes to 40 amp discharge and 20 amp continuous, this is referring to an average pulse rate of 60 seconds. If you hold your button down for longer than 60 seconds the amps will drop to 20. For an average vaper, a pull is no longer than 60 seconds, so the amps will continue to remain at 40 amps. This is everything that we were told from our manufacturer. I hope this can answer some of your questions. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kyle Winther
Chief Executive Officer

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I'd been using these for a couple of weeks now. Unlike some I know - I rather enjoy the Vamps performance.
Lots of speculation surrounding these batteries, so I decided to just talk to Vamp. Here's their reply.

Thanks for your email. To give you a little insight on the battery, we are working with one of the largest manufacturer in China and had the Vamped Vapor Cell custom made to reach 40 amps. The manufacturer produces millions of batteries for other large name brand batteries. They developed the custom cell for me, and will not release it for anyone else. My manufacturer has told me we have the strongest 18650 battery on the market at 40 amps, and they have not developed anything stronger for anyone.
When it comes to 40 amp discharge and 20 amp continuous, this is referring to an average pulse rate of 60 seconds. If you hold your button down for longer than 60 seconds the amps will drop to 20. For an average vaper, a pull is no longer than 60 seconds, so the amps will continue to remain at 40 amps. This is everything that we were told from our manufacturer. I hope this can answer some of your questions. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kyle Winther
Chief Executive Officer

so they have confirmed that these are 20 amps continuous...

...so
vamped 20 cont and 40 pulse
vtc5 are 30 cont and 60 pulse

bakerb87

Sep 8, 2013
United States
New EFAN 40AMP IMR 18650 2000mAh 3.7v Most Powerful mechanical mod battery_EFAN IMR Battery_Battery_Yi Fang Technology Co.,LIMITED - Powered by ECShop

↑ Found em here too, and you don't have to bulk order, kinda just want to order 1 to unwrap and compare with the unwrapped Vamped pic.

...although even if I ordered today, it would still be a month before it showed up and we got our answer.

These are the vamped cells, they state "General Performance of Vamped 40 Amp Battery" towards the bottom.

To me these Vamped cells look like a meek marketing attempt to "dethrone" the VTC line as the top vape batteries. Epic Fail

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I've vaped at or below 0.1 amps several times.

Before you go bug eyed realize it was not with a mech with an 18650 in it. It was a handmade device rated for 200+ amps.

It would never be my all day but I just saw someone I know pushing down to 0.039 using a similar device.

how did you get welding cable in a mod??? ;)

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
how did you get welding cable in a mod??? ;)

No need for welding cable. You just need a good set of batteries, a balance charger and some knowledge on rc car battery connectors. The last one I did was with this battery. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...imate_6400mah_1S2P_90C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack.htm . It's a 2 cell pack so it has to be charged using a balance charger and the 5mm bullet connections had to be modified to XT connections to make it work out.

Before that was 3 VTC4's packed together making a 6300 mah 45c pack. I don't recommend other people doing this at all but I have been making battery packs for quite some time and understand it very well.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
It's not necessarily about pushing the battery to 40 amps. A higher current ceiling can mean more stable voltages under even moderate loads. That means stronger output on mechs and longer life on regulated mods.

It's the reason why the Sony VTC5 performs as well as, and could possibly outperform, the Panasonic PF at under 10A.

correct me if i am wrong but,wouldn't a higher mah rating be a better indicator of battery performance under moderate loads?
regards
mike

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
In my tests with a 0.1Ω load the Vamped 40 amp battery had a significant voltage drop, down to 3.27 volts pulsed while the Sony VTC4's came in around 3.74 volts pulsed. I wouldn't want to use the Vamped 40 amp batteries in an application where the pulse exceeded 30 amps if even that high. This battery is just not a good choice for sub-ohm vaping (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread