Vandy Vape Berserker MTL RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Costa Mesa,CA
Got mine from fasttech. Everything is fine. 1.2 ml capacity measured with syringe. Really good flavor.
IMG_0301.JPG

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

mansis

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Costa Mesa,CA
    wow yours turned up fast, mine from fasttech only just reached Chicago last night, looks good :)
    If your MTL vaper your gonna enjoy it. A little wash and lube the o-rings and you are good to go. I have already tested 6 different juices and all tasted good.

Figs

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2017
    Granbury - Texas - USA
    Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday. Will have my standard about 1 ohm Kanthal coil ready, and my Inbox and Squeeze in hand. It will be competing against my beloved Speed Revolution clones. May the best MTL RDA Win.

The Berserker name, and bottom air flow are the only reasons I’m here.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California
    I just watched a vid on this RDA and the airflow inserts that allow the air to come underneath the coil is so spot on and exactly what is needed for a MTL RDA (and almost impossible to find in any design). Its why I have always used my KF 2.1 in dripper mode for testing juices, its the only RDA I'm aware of that has air coming in underneath the coil and not from the side... up until now :)

Great engineering again Vandy Vape!

The aeronaut was a similar design a couple years ago, but this looks like an improvement. VV could easily add a dual intake cap with insert bars with holes on both ends and youd have a dtl kit like a mini aeronaut.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Yeah, I'm going for this one as soon as they are back in stock at FT.
    I haven't been using my P67 because I'm no longer liking the side air flow of my bottom feeders anymore. The Berserker ought to do the trick.
    Just got a P67 myself this week. Do you notice gaps on the atomizer? The 510 is adjustable but I’m hoping the Berserker with the beauty rings will solve that.

Reactions: gnees

Figs

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2017
    Granbury - Texas - USA
    Got it, been vaping it for three hours now. My thoughts at this point.

Cap was on super tight, got it off and lubed with juice and it is better, but still tight. I am used to building on an 18mm deck (Speed Revolution clones) so the deck was roomy enough for me. If you have only built on 22 and 24mm you may be a bit cramped. Super easy to build on for me, just like the Berserker RTA. Capture is easy, and after a minute of playing around with the included tool got the coil placement I was looking for. Put the smallest hole insert in for the BOTTOM air flow. Bottom air flow in an RDA, I knew this was something special.

Running a 2.5 ID, Kanthal 28ga and coming in at 1.3 ohms. Wicked with Cotton Bacon, easy to wick like most all RDA’s are. Set the 22mm beauty ring on the Inbox, screwed in the deck and popped the cap on with the second smallest air hole lined up. Set the Inbox at 12 watts.

I will try not to gush. Great flavor, nice smooth throat hit and I heard a choir of angels in the background. (okay, maybe I exaggerate a little) It’s good. My Speed Revolutions are good, and I will continue to use them. But this is now my main squeeze. Best MTL RDA I have ever used. I’ve now tried several of the inserts and frankly all of them are good. Now using the 3 hole and its very nice. The combo of 18mm (gives a smaller and tighter chamber) and bottom air flow make this a MTL winner. The finned drip tip helps with the heat, but if you chain vape it will heat up. The heat is not as much as my Speed Revolutions and I credit the drip tip for that. I have the black one and fit, finish are good. I am happy!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Got it, been vaping it for three hours now. My thoughts at this point.

Cap was on super tight, got it off and lubed with juice and it is better, but still tight. I am used to building on an 18mm deck (Speed Revolution clones) so the deck was roomy enough for me. If you have only built on 22 and 24mm you may be a bit cramped. Super easy to build on for me, just like the Berserker RTA. Capture is easy, and after a minute of playing around with the included tool got the coil placement I was looking for. Put the smallest hole insert in for the BOTTOM air flow. Bottom air flow in an RDA, I knew this was something special.

Running a 2.5 ID, Kanthal 28ga and coming in at 1.3 ohms. Wicked with Cotton Bacon, easy to wick like most all RDA’s are. Set the 22mm beauty ring on the Inbox, screwed in the deck and popped the cap on with the second smallest air hole lined up. Set the Inbox at 12 watts.

I will try not to gush. Great flavor, nice smooth throat hit and I heard a choir of angels in the background. (okay, maybe I exaggerate a little) It’s good. My Speed Revolutions are good, and I will continue to use them. But this is now my main squeeze. Best MTL RDA I have ever used. I’ve now tried several of the inserts and frankly all of them are good. Now using the 3 hole and its very nice. The combo of 18mm (gives a smaller and tighter chamber) and bottom air flow make this a MTL winner. The finned drip tip helps with the heat, but if you chain vape it will heat up. The heat is not as much as my Speed Revolutions and I credit the drip tip for that. I have the black one and fit, finish are good. I am happy!
    Great review and thanks for the post. I have one question?.. do you have the Beserker rta and if you do could you explain the difference in the airflow? Is it the same range or does the RDA have wider range of air flow when it is opened up all the way.
    Thx..

Figs

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2017
    Granbury - Texas - USA
    I would say the RDA Is capable of more airflow thank the RTA. With the largest insert and the largest cap hole it can give a good restrictive DL hit. To me the smallest insert and airhole conbo are about the second smallest on the RTA. Keep in mind that it’s been a while since I used the RTA (squonking has taken over) so I’m going by a general memory.

The drip tip is interesting. The inside of the drip tip base is funnel shaped. It is in essence an extension of the chamber. BTW I tried other drip tips and they worked fine, standard 510.

It is not easy to over squonk, but you can. No problem for me as I am used to 18 and 16mm toppers anyway. But may take some folks a bit of time to adjust to.

I dropped my watts to 10, as that is better for me. Still very pleased with it.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 1, 2013
    Pensacola, Florida, USA
    The last thing I need is another mod. I have 11. Now I'm shopping for a regulated mod? I have to have this thing! Please post comments on regulated squonkers to put me out of my misery. This rda is the bomb. I must have it.

The inherent problem with regulated squonk mods, is having the juice bottle inside the mod with the electronics. I've been using squonkers since the Reo VV. I have 3 Sunbox mods at present and of the 3, 2 need chips replaced. Both failures were due to juice on the chips. A couple of years ago I looked for an alternative. I found the Fountain V2 squonk atty, it's not very well made or pretty, but they do work and solved the problem. Recently their have been other alternatives released. The Syphon and Lift are very similar and I can assure you that the Syphon works perfectly. I received one a week ago, love it and ordered 2 more last night. The reviews I have seen on FB haven't been very good. But, after working with one myself, I can say, they didn't know what they were doing. The reviewers that I watched didn't set the product up properly. Another option is the Squonk Genius. It is well designed, it works perfectly,and it's very attractive. Only knock is, it's big. It holds 7.5 ml of juice and looks best on larger mods, like the VT75 or VT200 or any other mod of the size range. I own a Genius as well and can attest to it's function. I'm not trying to sell anyone here I just want to say there are options.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    First off, let me say that I have not vaped mtl in about 5-6 yrs and have not even contemplated it until a week ago.
    I just got a Berserker Rda today. Iv'e played with the airflow and inserts and I'll have to say,
    this is really a good Rda!
    Contrary to what I have thought, mtl can give a very satisfying vape.
    I just believe I will have to buy another one.
    This Rda gives really good flavor,
    nice draw(I thought I would do wide open, nah, its almost closed)
    I am really happy I bought it and would recommend it to any direct lung vapers to give it a try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread