Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Now I got it vaping good. The little larger inner diameter dt helped. I also have been able to lower the temp, and watts to 395F, and 25 watts, and it's vaping good. Now I'm gonna have to get one of these for my Reos P67.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Small spacing.What I really like is, it is a smooth vape, unlike all the side af's I have used that always had a harshness to the vape.

3.jpg

KarakartalOley

Sep 12, 2017
Aydın-Türkiye
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Posts must be in English

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hmmm, im new to temp control vaping, specialy on RDA's. Does this look enough spacing? Its 28ga ss316l, 2'5dmm and 0,68ohms
2emh7wg.jpg

Trying it next @ 23'ish watt and 410'ish f i wonder how it does
EDIT: lol was wrong pic, now right1... ohh and it didint work properly :/

The spacing looks just fine. Nice looking coil. :)

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
So far I'm liking it, a nice smooth vape unlike all my side air flow's.
30 gage SS, 2.5 mm dia., 6 wraps @ approx 1.0Ω.
Just got mine and want to try it in TC. I was running the #s and found that a build like yours is the best way for me to get to 1.0 with SS. I've never built a single wire coil with wire that thin. Is there anything I need to know about doing a build like that? Sorry for the noob ? but I'm relatively new to MTL setups.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Electro108

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Just got mine and want to try it in TC. I was running the #s and found that a build like yours is the best way for me to get to 1.0 with SS. I've never built a single wire coil with wire that thin. Is there anything I need to know about doing a build like that? Sorry for the noob ? but I'm relatively new to MTL setups.

When you get er set up, let us see it, and let us know how you like it.

Electro108

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2016
Got some SS. Made a 28ga, 2.5mm coil, 7ish wraps @ around .8ohm. Coil is slightly spaced. Running in TC. 18w/360-400degrees. Difference from kanthal is slight, but may prefer SS. TC give another way to “dial in” and flavor seems very slightly more “straight juice” with less colorization(maybe). That’s what my gut is telling me, anyway. FWIW, I pulsed it slightly in VW mode first, which gives the SS a slight patina. I have no idea if this is necessary, but so far so good. Hope this helps. BTW, I use the “slot” air insert.

PS; I haven’t got any “bad” operation from this tank in any mode.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Got my hcigar vt inbox v3 today from fasttech. Pretty sweet so far! Have been dripping the berserker, and this is my first squonk mod! Super convenient.

Didn’t realize just how SOFT the bottle is, and had a little accident filling it, LOL! Now I know!

5A8D19CF-7230-467A-8485-10E764FA214F.jpeg
84A690D5-612F-4600-B725-5EB8FB22DF1B.jpeg

VesiHiisi

Apr 14, 2018
Ye
Got my hcigar vt inbox v3 today from fasttech. Pretty sweet so far! Have been dripping the berserker, and this is my first squonk mod! Super convenient.

Didn’t realize just how SOFT the bottle is, and had a little accident filling it, LOL! Now I know!

View attachment 737237 View attachment 737239
Gratz on vt-inbox! ;)
Haha yeah, those new bottle are a tad too squishy for my taste, first time i got them i flooded like 3 times before o got the style right on how to put it in place :lol:
I use mainly the old bottles on 70-60vg (and the old 1's suck back the juice!) And on thinner juices the new'r bottles:)

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
I got this one in yesterday, and must say that I am a bit disappointed. The vapor production is a bit sloppy, as is the throat hit, and it feels like I am getting more heat than vapor. The vapor is sparse and the temperature is high.

Often that is caused by something wrong with the airflow, and I have a suspicion: The air flow reducers are sitting pretty loose. If I tilt the atomizer with the top cap off they often slide right out. Could it be that some of the air is getting through at the edges of the air flow reducer?

Also, even with the smallest air flow reducer and the outer air flow control set to the tightest, I am not really getting that crazy tight air flow which I remember from back in the EVOD days. I should be getting that...no? In fact, there is really not that much difference in the tightness of the different reducers.

In addition, some of the air flow combination (reducer/outer holes) are producing extremely turbulent results.

Electro108

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2016
I got this one in yesterday, and must say that I am a bit disappointed. The vapor production is a bit sloppy, as is the throat hit, and it feels like I am getting more heat than vapor. The vapor is sparse and the temperature is high.

Often that is caused by something wrong with the airflow, and I have a suspicion: The air flow reducers are sitting pretty loose. If I tilt the atomizer with the top cap off they often slide right out. Could it be that some of the air is getting through at the edges of the air flow reducer?

Also, even with the smallest air flow reducer and the outer air flow control set to the tightest, I am not really getting that crazy tight air flow which I remember from back in the EVOD days. I should be getting that...no? In fact, there is really not that much difference in the tightness of the different reducers.

In addition, some of the air flow combination (reducer/outer holes) are producing extremely turbulent results.
What coil setup are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread