Vapcell Gold 30A 3100mAh 20700 Testing Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I think he just forgot to mention those 21700 :D Samsung SDI manufactures also hundreds of different prismatic cells (the ones we find mostly in mobile phones for example)
Even if he just forgot to mention all that, then there's still also the LG HG6 to consider, which is a 20650 battery so let's simply agree that he was wrong. :p

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Reactions: stols001

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
And because some chinese rewraps - believe it or not - are of good quality.
For my style of vaping at about 17-24 amps on a mech, I prefer the Golisi S35 over the Samsung 40T for example.
It hits as hard as its competitor, but on top of that the Golisi has a very thick and durable wrap and a very good top insulator. So considering that it's available for half the price of the 40T, I'd always choose the S35 over the Samsung cell.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
For my style of vaping at about 17-24 amps on a mech, I prefer the Golisi S35 over the Samsung 40T for example.
It hits as hard as its competitor, but on top of that the Golisi has a very thick and durable wrap and a very good top insulator. So considering that it's available for half the price of the 40T, I'd always choose the S35 over the Samsung cell.

I personally buy Samsung cells to the most part, I have bought a couple Sony and Sanyo cells though. I have never bought Chinese batteries or rewrap batteries before and don't really plan to. Though I do have some Ijoy batteries, but those came with some mods I bought in the past. I don't mind spending a little more on these well known company's batteries like Samsung and Sony since I don't have to buy batteries very often. Though it is nice to hear that some of these chinese batteries are solid performers, it's always nice to have options avaliable to us vapers.

As long as wraps are avaliable that fit the size battery I buy, stock wraps mean very little to me. I usually double wrap everything I have anyway. A lot of the time I strip the stock wrap and color code them with my own wraps, to help me keep track of married pairs, and add a clear wrap on top.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
At 20A according to Mooch's constant current discharge graphs the 40T runs for something like maybe about 300mAh longer than the S35, and, around the 750mAh mark, also at 20A continuous the S35 has already gone down to about 3.53V, whereas the 40T is still hovering along merrily at about 3.66V so by the time we've arrived at 1500mAh the 40T at 20A is giving us the same voltage that the S35 is capable to deliver at only 10A. So no, the S35 does not hit as hard as its so-called "competitor", by any stretch of the imagination, because that would be like saying the Sony VTC5A hits as hard as the Samsung 20S, but as the saying goes... to each his/her own.

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Tests are tests, and experiences are experiences.
I'm not saying that Mooch's tests are incorrect, and maybe I got some above average cells, but both of my S35 are at 3.6V +-0.02V after vaping 10ml of juice with an ohmload of 0.17 on my Squeezer, which happens to be the time I change my cells anyways. Every single time. Like a clockwork. That's the same voltage I get from my 40Ts with the exact same setup. By the way the 30T is at 3.5V after those 10ml.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Tests are tests, and experiences are experiences.
    I'm not saying that Mooch's tests are incorrect, and maybe I got some above average cells, but both of my S35 are at 3.6V +-0.02V after vaping 10ml of juice with an ohmload of 0.17 on my Squeezer, which happens to be the time I change my cells anyways. Every single time. Like a clockwork. That's the same voltage I get from my 40Ts with the exact same setup. By the way the 30T is at 3.5V after those 10ml.

The resting voltage you are measuring, hopefully the same amount of time after stopping for each, reflects the capacity remaining much more than performance. That can only be measured under load.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Sure. Resting time is approximately the same at about 20 minutes after usage.

I won't ever deny that the 40T hits a bit harder for the first couple vapes, but nonetheless the vapeexperience isn't necessarily better, than vaping on the S35. At least not noticeably so for me and the way I vape.

That doesn't make the 40T a bad cell, on the contrary, and I'm surely not the kind of batterycrusader that recommends the S35 over the 40T to everyone. But for me personally the 40T is a bit like feeding gold to the pigs. You can absolutely do it, but the endresult is quite the same.

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Sure. Resting time is approximately the same at about 20 minutes after usage, and I won't deny that the 40T does hit harder for the first couple vapes, but nonetheless the vapeexperience isn't necessarily better, than vaping on the S35. At least not noticeably so for me and the way I vape.
    That doesn't make the 40T a bad cell, on the contrary, and I'm surely not the kind of batterycrusader that recommends the S35 over the 40T to everyone. But for me personally the 40T is a bit like feeding gold to the pigs. You can absolutely do it, but the endresult is quite the same.
    Well a softer hitting cell makes for a more relaxed vape experience so, because more relaxed doesn't necessarily always equate to less good, for reasons that are obvious, that is entirely beside the point. On one of my Vaperz Cloud XXX stacked mech mods a staggered fused claptons build that's .28 ohms dual coil at 8 wraps of 28g/36g Nichrome 80 using 3mm inner diameter vapes more relaxed and therefore better IMO with a pair of 5-legged iJoy 20700 batteries in series compared to with a pair of Vapcell Gold 30A 3100mAh 20700 batteries in series, but the reason why the vape is only just warm instead of being way too hot is due mainly to the fact I'm using the Mason V2 RDA with bottom airflow for this particular build so if you throw this build in, say, the CSMNT, then regardless of what batteries you choose I promise you it'll make your ears flap. :D

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    That's the point.
    You know, I've set up all of my atties more or less the same, and I just don't have the need to experiment much anymore, because I've simply found my sweetspot for daily usage with the above mentioned setup. And for that the S35 is the perfect and most of all a reliable choice for me.

Reactions: dripster

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    That's the point.
    You know, I've set up all of my atties more or less the same, and I just don't have the need to experiment much anymore, because I've simply found my sweetspot for daily usage with the above mentioned setup. And for that the S35 is the perfect and most of all a reliable choice for me.
    For me the experimentation is very much similar to switching between different e-juices. Variation is just too important for me.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    After vaping for a few years, experimenting isn't that much of a pressing matter to me anymore.
    Building on new and/or innovative atties and to winkle the best performance out of them, is something I still enjoy very much though, but only if the atty supports my style of vaping.
    I don't need or even like a massive 30+mm RDA or RTA for example, just like I don't need MTL atties.
    The first ones are too unwieldy for my tastes and are only for people that just like to inflate their balls, whereas MTL just isn't satisfying. And I'm not talking about the nicotine rush.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin

I would say...lets talk about it in few weeks, or 3-4 months. There is no Chinese manufacturer (so far), that is able to manufacture similar quality like the known brands.
    I´ve been to Eurobike few weeks ago, all Chinese assemblers are showing there batteries assembled with known brands (Samsung SDI, LG Chem, Panasonic). One of the Chinese assembler even told me, that they assemble with China-Made batteries...but only for their local market in China.
    As long as you vape with single cell mod, no problem, you have no risk of drifting voltage, but...in 2-3 batteries in a mod, Chinese quality is not good enough (yet) for that.
    And as long as Chinese rewrapers using the same bare cell (mostly 18650) and call it X, or Y, no problem. But as soon as they start to mix different bare cells it starts to be a safety issue and that is bad!

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Although you are indeed a battery WRANGLER extraordinare, I have NO CLUE why anyone would be upset with YOU about factory changes and etc.

There's a reason "don't shoot the messenger" is a common phrase. A lot of people seem to have a certain - I was going to say lack of intelligence, but I think it's more of a character flaw - that leads them to respond to new information on a purely emotional level. If it doesn't make them happy, they just won't believe it. It's worse than that, really. The response seems to be "How dare you tell me something that doesn't make me swoon with joy! You're just a big meany!"

• Agree
    Reactions: mimöschen

MikeyConti

VapeBro
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    Lots of people don’t want them tested, lots want each tested much more often, lots want them rated a different way...etc., ad nauseum.
    I Wouldn’t care what they think.
    To me and many others I’m sure, you are testing them for their “Best Use” in Vaping! Which to most is just Constant Amperage and mAh, but you go very far into every measurement you can to just to confirm those 2 ratings. And those are just the 2 ratings
    I’m using as an example here as you release much more information than that.

Most importantly you have done this for so many years using your own Equipment and Free time before ever asking for funds. I know things have changed now, but everyone should know/remember that.

Luckily I found ECF and your posts/ratings table when I did because I almost entered into high wattage vaping using Efests, which I can assure you would not have went well. But even then, I still researched like crazy the results of your tests to get an idea of how a cell worked and what I really needed to look for in a cell which people should still do.
    You can not be held responsible for any failures due to your results, as people should still research the basics of what they are looking at in a cell/battery.

I don’t have any mods that use 21700/20700 cells as I like @Baditude only really trust LG, Sony, Samsung, Etc. as I have not researched these newer cells and companies like VapCell

So, I still thank you!!

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    After vaping for a few years, experimenting isn't that much of a pressing matter to me anymore.
    Building on new and/or innovative atties and to winkle the best performance out of them, is something I still enjoy very much though, but only if the atty supports my style of vaping.
    I don't need or even like a massive 30+mm RDA or RTA for example, just like I don't need MTL atties.
    The first ones are too unwieldy for my tastes and are only for people that just like to inflate their balls, whereas MTL just isn't satisfying. And I'm not talking about the nicotine rush.
    The Mason V2 RDA that I was talking about is the 24mm version so not too unwieldly IMO. It is roughly the same size as my Wild Bull Productions So Horney RDA the pointy horns on which can always be used to deflate balls if you don't want them inflated. :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread