Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Dothan, AL, USA
Hello everyone!

I'm New to vapeing! I started smoking at a young age and smoked for about a year or two. I stopped when I lost a few of my family members to smoking. My great uncle died when I was seventeen due to lung cancer...then we lost my cousin to a long list of complications from smoking. Seeing the outcome from years and years of smoking made me realize I was being stupid. I quit cold turkey and didn't think of looking back!

Earlier this year I started dating someone new and hung out with his friends...long story short they got me tempted with smoking. Before I knew it I was back smoking a pack in an afternoon only because I was bored or upset...it was pathetic. I had a real hard time stopping this time and I knew I had to fix the problem! I had done a lot of research thru-out the years on those nights when the cravings sneak up on me. What I found was electric cigarettes. I can't tell you all the times I filled my cart with the kits and juices and cartos and tanks...even with the money in the bank I still couldn't bring myself to TRY them!

I made a friend recently who Vapes and she gave me a couple disposable batteries...and it began!

I vape for fun...but everyone I've met Vapes to STOP smoking...is it unusual for someone to start vapeing just to avoid smoking? Or someone who just Vapes for fun?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Ciel,
Welcome aboard. Its less common to see people vaping who aren't smokers to start with. It sounds to me like vaping keeps you away from the cigs - you can avoid them. Vaping is fun - and at the same time people do vape as a replacement for smoking. So it can be both. I smoked 40-50 cigs a day for years myself. I started vaping to stay quit from the cigs. After 4 days on patches I was ready to climb the walls and bought an ecig. The ecig did it for me. Now I vape because I like it. I don't know how long I'll vape for - for as long as I want to. I've been smokefree over a year now and vaping has been really enjoyable. New flavors, new gadgets, and better health.

So if vaping keeps you from going back to the cigs, and is fun for you too - vape on. :thumb:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Thank you for being encouraging! It's hard to be the black sheep! :)
I like to think of vapeing like its a hobby for me...but I also know it helps tons of people who need to quit smoking...which just makes me love it even more! ^_^

No prob. Usually on the forum we encourage people who don't have nicotine withdrawal (aren't quitting smoking at the time) to go zero nic or very low nic if they need it.

Edit: ah - just saw your post. I'd recommend zero nic. I'm down to that myself now. I just let that change happen as a natural progression - but I was a heavy smoker so vaped nic a long time before feeling I didn't need it.

Ciel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Dothan, AL, USA
Sounds like there is alot of energy here in examining why why why. Was there that much thought when you picked up smoking? I startesd vaping to quit, but it's turned into a hobby, I enjoy it, so I don't look back.

Not when I picked up smoking...no. When I quit there was a lot of thought out into it...

kz1000p

Verified Member
I vape for fun, well, sort of. I am a cigar smoker.. whenever i crave for for a cigar... I just grab my vape and for the most part it will do it... every so often I'd still burn one. I used to hookah a lot too... but vape is so much easier. Don't get me wrong, I still love hookah .. but that had became a party thing.

Ciel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Dothan, AL, USA
I vape for fun, well, sort of. I am a cigar smoker.. whenever i crave for for a cigar... I just grab my vape and for the most part it will do it... every so often I'd still burn one. I used to hookah a lot too... but vape is so much easier. Don't get me wrong, I still love hookah .. but that had became a party thing.

Never tried a hookah...lol sounds fun!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Welcome to ECF!

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you :)

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF :vapor:

Sonic
2gcn212.png

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
Yes welcome. I started vaping for fun too. I quit cold turkey after many tries more than 4 years before I started vaping. I only vape 0 nic. A bit more about me here if you care... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/108446/unhooked.html?tab=aboutme#aboutme I also started with Smokeless Image e-cigs that look like cigarettes ("cig-a-likes"). It turned out it was all about the inhaling and exhaling and seeing the smoke swirl around for me so now I use a mod with a larger battery - however as most here I do think the cig-a-likes, especially Volt's are a great way to start vaping especially if you want a great vape combined with something very similar to a cigarette in your hand. Personally I would like an e-pipe at this point, less geeky looking than the big "lavatube" I currently mostly vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread