Vape - Fad or long haul

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I smoked 48 yrs and I'm in it for the long haul. Once you get plenty of equip you like and start diy you will save a fortune.

I'm working on the "plenty of equipment" klynn. The tanks work great and provide a nice heavy vape. But I have been using cigarette style carto's when I'm out and about and think I am going to have to give them up. Seem to vape awful hot and it is irritating my mouth???? Been looking hard at the iTaste MVP 2.0 as my next acquisition.

ericm12121977

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for all of the replies, encouragement, and positive vibes regarding the switch to vape. My wife is a smoker (Salem 100 full flavor) and for almost as many years as me. I'm gently encouraging her in this direction as well, and did pick up some Dekang Green USA Mix which I actually enjoy myself. I think there's hope for her as well.

Thanks again for the replies. I have to go check the mail to see if any new juice has arrived today :)

Bright shiny mods in feminine colors! My wife was a 2-3 PAD smoker, and she was able to make the switch because I couldn't be around smoke anymore because of my job. But the thing that got her into it was the feminine colors available in the mod's.

The other thing and I am only making an ignorant assumption because I don't know your wife, start with a simple cartomizer tank setup for her, it keeps the confusion down and it makes it easier for her to get introduced into the vaping world without feeling overwhelmed. All the big shiny 18650 mods and rebuildable atomizers and all that are great to get into when you get further down the line. A simple ego style battery and a tank system is the easiest way to get a new person interested.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I also smoked for over 50 years, and I have now been vaping for almost three. The cool part is that now, even though I'm 73 years old, I just might get to hang around for another decade or two. (probably would already be dead if I had continued to smoke)

:toast: Good for you! And me.........

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
Bright shiny mods in feminine colors! The other thing and I am only making an ignorant assumption because I don't know your wife, start with a simple cartomizer tank setup for her,

What she has been willing to use so far is a Kanger 808D-1, with a carto loaded with a menthol juice. I'll keep trying to move her forward though.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
YMMV !

A serious commitment would be reflected in the financial expenditure. Though plenty of vapers get by with intermediate hardware and are perfectly content with that. Form factor can also be an influence on what hardware to use too. Big, hefty devices simply aren't practical in some circumstances such as driving or in the work place, etc. So a particular kind of device would be used depending on the environment a vaper may be in. Lots of people choose to make vaping a hobby, and there really is no limit to the number of vaping devices in their arsenal. But there will always be a "weapon of choice" which a serious vaper will choose from their arsenal, whether it's the latest thing, it's ability to perform well or, just because it looks good. The vaping community is made up of an eclectic sociological group of people and there is no one universal reason for a person to continue with their vaping habits. Studying an online forum, such as ECF (electric cigarette forum) for a prolonged length of time could enable you, or anybody else, to understand the nature of the sociological group that makes up the global vaping community.

So, if a person spends enough time gleaning or gathering information about hardware or e liquid solutions from a social forum like Ecf, whether they are conscious of it or not, they in fact are also gaining a better understanding of the sociological group.

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Vaping is a powerful tool and is destined for the long haul.

Just wait until manufacturers learn how to build DIY quality coils/wicks and this thing is gonna explode.

FDA, ALA, etc will do their best to snuff out this life saving technology but will not succeed. They may succeed in making it illegal in USA but the black market will be prevail for those willing to take a small legal risk to greatly reduce health risk.

nostinkies

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Kayfun Nirvana!
50 YEARS!!! WOW.. Congrats on laying them down! That speaks volumes that VAPING WORKS! I just read a post about someone lowering their nic from 24 to zero after a few months. It can be done. But we all know it's not necessary to quit vaping. The vaping thing is still in its infancy and is evolving everyday. I try to stay up on new toys, reading success stories and spreading the word this works better than any other "smoking cessation" product on the market. You have two ways to go from here. Lower your nic and quit nicotine all together or treat your vaping like you did your smokes. Call it what you want, but it's a habit. Our bodies crave the nicotine with the vaping just like when smoking. The first thing I reach for in the morning is my Kayfun. Now after dinner for me, instead of ditching the wife after eating to go outside for "dessert", I stay at the table and toke away. And now I dont have to find a warm robe when climbing outta bed in the middle of the night after... "ahem". ;-) I figure I may eventually tire of the rituals, wicking, coiling, charging and buying.... but for now, it gives my hands something to do and satisfies a physical craving. I'm happy, proud of the accomplishment and most of all, NOT CRANKY. You should be too!

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I smoked for 38 years before trying vaping and I have to say that vaping was a real godsend for me, after the first puff on my beginner cigalike I've never looked back, been cigarette free for 5 months now, something I never thought I'd never be able to say. I have absolutely no intention of stopping vaping. I've been able to cut my nicotine level from 24 mg to 12 mg and if that's the lowest I ever go that's fine with me. Vaping is, well, just plain fun for me, it satisfies my smoking urges while giving me a pleasurable hobby at the same time. Who knew quitting the cigs would turn out to actually be fun! My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
50 YEARS!!! WOW.. Congrats on laying them down! That speaks volumes that VAPING WORKS! I just read a post about someone lowering their nic from 24 to zero after a few months. It can be done. But we all know it's not necessary to quit vaping. The vaping thing is still in its infancy and is evolving everyday. I try to stay up on new toys, reading success stories and spreading the word this works better than any other "smoking cessation" product on the market. You have two ways to go from here. Lower your nic and quit nicotine all together or treat your vaping like you did your smokes. Call it what you want, but it's a habit. Our bodies crave the nicotine with the vaping just like when smoking. The first thing I reach for in the morning is my Kayfun. Now after dinner for me, instead of ditching the wife after eating to go outside for "dessert", I stay at the table and toke away. And now I dont have to find a warm robe when climbing outta bed in the middle of the night after... "ahem". ;-) I figure I may eventually tire of the rituals, wicking, coiling, charging and buying.... but for now, it gives my hands something to do and satisfies a physical craving. I'm happy, proud of the accomplishment and most of all, NOT CRANKY. You should be too!

I so totally agree!
My wife is sharing my starter kit right now with the intention of kicking nic for good. I dont think I am going that route but at least the house, car and our clothes are no longer smoke steeped and nasty. As a plus my vaping does not trigger her need for an analog so I can vape away!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I smoked for 33 years at 2 packs/day and have been cig free for a lil' over a year. I don't see giving up vaping in the near future because I LIKE it alot. As long as it keeps me off cigs I don't see a problem. I don't even mind being in the infancy of vaping before "known" side effects, if any, are known. At this point in my vaping I don't see quitting, who knows how i'll answer in 5 years.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I also smoked for over 50 years, and I have now been vaping for almost three. The cool part is that now, even though I'm 73 years old, I just might get to hang around for another decade or two. (probably would already be dead if I had continued to smoke)

Another decade or two????? We're hoping you're here for at least another four :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread