Vape Mail From China

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
I have never ordered ANYTHING from china, usually I see how long it will take for shipping and jump away from it. But I sucked it up, cause I really wanted an e-pipe and it's coming from China. It's suppossed to be here earliest by the 16th.
Anyone have any experiences with shipping from China? What's your experience like?

Sent from my iPhone because I'm awesome like that.

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
It depends... I had one package get stuck in customs for 3months and then nail me with a $72 customs fee. Oh, that was BAD.

In general if you want something NOW do not order from China. If you can be patient some of the deals are very good.
I just got my Segelei SX200 Legend in today. I ordered it on 3/22. That is about what to expect.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I ordered a pkg from Hong Kong on 3/28... it departed Singapore either 2 or 3 days ago... it's hard to know exactly, because they're a half day ahead of us, so the dating is a little wonky -- I recall making the order on the 27th, for instance. But it's been 2 wks since I ordered, and it departed Singapore 2 or 3 days ago... I had thought I might have it by the 15th, but now I'm not sure. We'll see.

Andria

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
'free shipping' means slow shipping. Order from China regularily. Had it all - from two to eight weeks. It can be speeded up, the usual suspects offer premium shipping too. Means you pay a surcharge ( which can easily eat up the cost advantage of ordering there in the first place on smaller orders ) and shave off delivery time.

I will stop ordering from there once i reach certain age...won't do me much good when they dump the freshly arrived ft-package on my coffin ;)

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
It depends... I had one package get stuck in customs for 3months and then nail me with a $72 customs fee. Oh, that was BAD.

In general if you want something NOW do not order from China. If you can be patient some of the deals are very good.
I just got my Segelei SX200 Legend in today. I ordered it on 3/22. That is about what to expect.

Oh no...why did you have to pay customs? I seem to remember there's an amount you can bring in from overseas - $400? I may be wrong. I'm asking because I have a couple of clones shipped today!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
'free shipping' means slow shipping. Order from China regularily. Had it all - from two to eight weeks. It can be speeded up, the usual suspects offer premium shipping too. Means you pay a surcharge ( which can easily eat up the cost advantage of ordering there in the first place on smaller orders ) and shave off delivery time.

I will stop ordering from there once i reach certain age...won't do me much good when they dump the freshly arrived ft-package on my coffin ;)

Mine wasn't free, from e5cigs... $5, but it said "registered airmail with tracking".. which is why I thought I might have it by the 15th. But who knows. It'll get here when it gets here.

Andria

roach52

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Dublin, Oh
Pretty unpredictable in my experience usually the stuff that has a tracking number seems to be a bit quicker about 7-15 days on average. The e-packet without seems to be about 10-20 but have had stuff take over a month from the date they said they shipped. In reality though I don't know when they "actually" shipped if I cannot track it through china post or USPS (once it hits their system).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Yeah, mine came via Singapore Post, apparently HK post won't handle batteries, and one of the items I ordered is a (backup! I know it's a knock-off!) eGo-C Twist. So it's been 2 wks so far, and via Singapore post, should take maybe 3 wks? So maybe I'll have it in a week-ish. I'm not really stressing over it, I *knew* it would take a while. But it's the last vapemail I have out there in the ether, so naturally I'm getting curiouser and curiouser... :D

Andria

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Yeah, mine came via Singapore Post, apparently HK post won't handle batteries, and one of the items I ordered is a (backup! I know it's a knock-off!) eGo-C Twist. So it's been 2 wks so far, and via Singapore post, should take maybe 3 wks? So maybe I'll have it in a week-ish. I'm not really stressing over it, I *knew* it would take a while. But it's the last vapemail I have out there in the ether, so naturally I'm getting curiouser and curiouser... :D

Andria

Hkp was the best up until ft changed their shipping policy back in mid-january. I/we used to be able to order anything but stand alone batteries and have it shipped through them. This is my first time using SP so I'm in the same boat. From what others have said don't expect it before the 3 week mark.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hkp was the best up until ft changed their shipping policy back in mid-january. I/we used to be able to order anything but stand alone batteries and have it shipped through them. This is my first time using SP so I'm in the same boat. From what others have said don't expect it before the 3 week mark.

Hmm.. not sure what FT has to do with this; I didn't order from them, I ordered from e5cigs, in Hong Kong; they selected Singapore post for me, because of HKP not carrying batteries.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread