Vape Shop Owner Refuses to Close - "#WeWillNOTComply"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
here in Spain the tobacco shops also sell lottery,and i mean all types of lottery,quiniela (soccer related) ,primiva,euromillon,bonoloto and the list goes on and on.
And yeah the goverment also get its filthy paws in that so its a 2 for 1 combo for them,keep tobacco shops open and they get taxes from lottery AND tobacco.
Not sure about lottery but in times of stress people smoke more so this is the perfect time for them to stay open.
Now because there is like a number of person limit in stores but before all this there could be perfectly 10 people at the same time in the tobacco shop.
While i do agree that mail order is big when it comes to vape items(not only vape items,electronic stuff like tv,stereos,etc,etc) keep in mind that a lot of people still like to visit the shops,they like the personal touch.
On friday afternoon our local vape shop would have atleast 12 to 15 people in the store,people wanted to see the new mods,atomizers or maybe try some new e-liquid flavours.

I guess it depends on the country some of us still enjoy the ritual of going to the store in person,it's like going to the video store back in the day and choosing a movie,same principle buddy.

cheers

*sending virtual ''like'' with my mind powers due to not being able to do it the normal way within the forums*

Lottery tickets are a plus for any store that sells them. Vape shops could boost profits by doing so. I'm not sure if the local shops around me do that.

Vape shops in my area are small mom and pop shops. Stormy's Vapor Cellar will have several customers at any given time, but other smaller shops are newer and pretty slow at times. In America lots of people order from online shops with lower prices. The brick and mortar shops cater mostly to new vapers.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Every time I'm asked why I don't carry a gun and how am I going to stop a "bad actor", I always reply: "You can't outrun Motorola."

I'd prefer not to carry a weapon on most jobs. Just the visual effect of being armed tends to escalate things where they don't need to be.

Agree.

I once had a permit to carry concealed. I didn't renew it because I started leaving my 9mm at home. Where I live and where I hang out there's no reason to carry. I work out several times a week, weigh a little over 200 pounds and and present a somewhat imposing stature. Few people have challenged me over the years and I played bar gigs here and there with the band I was in for decades. There was only one night where some punks tried to pick a fight. Of course, when there's 5 guys in the band, there's always backup. They were outnumbered and ended up deciding to walk away.

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Vape shops in my area are small mom and pop shops. Stormy's Vapor Cellar will have several customers at any given time, but other smaller shops are newer and pretty slow at times. In America lots of people order from online shops with lower prices. The brick and mortar shops cater mostly to new vapers.

Online ordering is also a thing here in europe,we're not in the stone age hehe
Just saying that yes of course ordering online can be cheaper,faster and even better (up for discussion,depends on your personal taste) but going to a store and talking with similar minded individuals is something that still a lot of people like me appreciate.

My friend Toni who owns the local shop is the one that got me started into vaping,and yeah i could have just asked here or in another site about what starter kit to go with but you lose that personal touch.

Hey maybe im an old fart (only 44 thou hehe) but some things i just prefer to do in person.
A couple of years back my friend Miguel wanted to get started with his dj mobile bussiness,you know b-days,parties,anniversaries etc.

We could have ordered everything online,i know the specs and what he needed but there is no beating going in person to the warehouse where they sell the audio equipment and listen to it,and talk with the employees about what could be improved or if maybe we needed another amp in case we added some speakers.

Stuff like that is what in my honest opinion keeps up human,the whole dehumanization of just having everything you want with one tap of your finger on your smartphone is just lackluster at best,at least for me.

Sure wish video rental places would still be open,i love movies and the ritual of going to my local video place back when i lived in Canada was the best moment of the day.

Maybe i went off topic a bit but you get what im trying to say,right?

cheers

*using mental powers to send a virtual like since im unable to do so the regular way*

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Online ordering is also a thing here in europe,we're not in the stone age hehe
Just saying that yes of course ordering online can be cheaper,faster and even better (up for discussion,depends on your personal taste) but going to a store and talking with similar minded individuals is something that still a lot of people like me appreciate.

My friend Toni who owns the local shop is the one that got me started into vaping,and yeah i could have just asked here or in another site about what starter kit to go with but you lose that personal touch.

Hey maybe im an old fart (only 44 thou hehe) but some things i just prefer to do in person.
A couple of years back my friend Miguel wanted to get started with his dj mobile bussiness,you know b-days,parties,anniversaries etc.

We could have ordered everything online,i know the specs and what he needed but there is no beating going in person to the warehouse where they sell the audio equipment and listen to it,and talk with the employees about what could be improved or if maybe we needed another amp in case we added some speakers.

Stuff like that is what in my honest opinion keeps up human,the whole dehumanization of just having everything you want with one tap of your finger on your smartphone is just lackluster at best,at least for me.

Sure wish video rental places would still be open,i love movies and the ritual of going to my local video place back when i lived in Canada was the best moment of the day.

Maybe i went off topic a bit but you get what im trying to say,right?

cheers

*using mental powers to send a virtual like since im unable to do so the regular way*

I like going into new vape shops to see what they have in stock, but it gets to be more of the same. After 10+ years of vaping I just read the reviews, order what I want, and the postman drops it off. When my wife and I want to watch a movie we just download and watch from Netflix.

I do think that vape shops are the best place for new vapers to learn about and view the options and talk to vape shop employees for advice. Seeing is understanding as long as the vape shop employees are experienced and knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 440BB

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
The reason this might seem ridiculous to you is... well, you're neither a virologist nor an epidemiologist, are you? The whole idea is to keep the contact between people down to a certain, rationally chosen type of low level, while at the same time also keeping people at work wherever it is essential to do so and also at work wherever exposing people to elevated levels of risk can be guaranteed to be adequately avoided by endorsing strict safety rules of, for example, social distancing.

What you wrote just exemplifies the ridiculousness to me. But it is what it is. Minds won't be changed about a shut down anytime soon. Glad I get to still go golfing where social distancing has been practiced well before Covid came about. Also seems around 100 times less risky than a grocery store.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I like going into new vape shops to see what they have in stock, but it gets to be more of the same. After 10+ years of vaping I just read the reviews, order what I want, and the postman drops it off. When my wife and I want to watch a movie we just download and watch from Netflix.

and nothing wrong with that,we each enjoy the shopping experience in our way.
maybe because im stuck at home taking care of my pops is why when i go out (not as much as i want) i really want to make the most of it.

cheers

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
What you wrote just exemplifies the ridiculousness to me. But it is what it is. Minds won't be changed about a shut down anytime soon. Glad I get to still go golfing where social distancing has been practiced well before Covid came about. Also seems around 100 times less risky than a grocery store.
How much do you know about Covid-19? Why don't you try and explain that to the virus, that you think its behavior is ridiculous? How many people would you be willing to put at risk just to be able to find out the true meaning of the word ridiculousness? There used to be a time when a lot of people thought claiming the Earth is round was ridiculous. Just sayin'.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
First and foremost, the product(s) you sell have to be deemed "necessary".

Or at least leave a nice big escape hatch. In Wisconsin:

13. Essential Businesses and Operations. ...
Stores that sell groceries and medicine. Grocery stores, bakeries, pharmacies, ..., prepared food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and any other household consumer products (such as cleaning and personal care products).

It doesn't include stuff like tanning salons, whose primary purpose is not selling things.

https://content.govdelivery.com/att...ts/1409408/Health Order #12 Safer At Home.pdf

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You need to blame the governor's then. It is their decisions what to do in their states.
No. There are things the governors don’t control. And those are the things that got screwed up and caused this. Some governors perhaps. The governors are mostly what have saved things in the face of the federal executive making things worse. Remember, this isn’t the first deadly viral assault lately. It’s the third. This is the baby one. The other two were more dangerous. They got handles by the fed executive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread