• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape shops around the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whanso1

Aug 31, 2012
Maryland, USA
I started driving there friday, but weather&hunger made me turn around.
Last time i went there i ended up getting some assorted tips, misceallaneous stuff, and 6 different flavors of juice, dude gave me 10% off (basically one free one)... that was cool of them; i was only clowning around when i suggested it. Was going to get five flavors; but who am i to pass up a free one? Also got more black thread collars.... which i can't seem to find online from places i order from regularly.

Chatted with some guy who was looking to upgrade from 52mm (or whatever small/mini 808 batteries) to an ego with vivi nova. He was very hesitant about it. [ i'm really trying to say is it's a laid back atmosphere; and even a hermit/anti-social guy like me can get caught up in a conversation there]. Was kinda neat that the sales dude saw my batteries were from another online vendor, but he did not seem to care about that. They must be making some decent sales, because they have been out of vivi mini novas two times i've been there (had them in between those two visits so... they always have had regular nova's); which i am glad to see them making a good go of it in this economy. Brave of them to even attempt starting up a business, so i try to stop in on occassion and do my little part to support them.

I still haven't made it to b'more vapes, even though i drive about 1/4mile from there omw to downtown baltimore for work about twice a week...

Oh and i've about given up on my yummy gummy bear. Seems it tends to jam up my vivi nova atomizers or wicks or something; replacing atomizer heads more often with that flavor... well all my dark red juices seem to do that. Still vaping their cherrywood tobacco juice daily though.

jellis1414

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
I have to agree.... I have been there a couple times to pick up some juices. Prices are a bit on the high side, all around. But brick and morta's do have costs. You have to try thier own line- Pipe Dreams is GREAT tabacco / marshmello flavor... Very smooth, very nice. When you go in, talk with David..... he will point you in the right direction......

Im in for a meet - thats a great idea, since there isnt much yet in the Baltimore area that I have found yet? I live in Bel Air - but work in Towson so I can meet around as well....

Jason

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I think it was one of Stereo Dreamers posts that let me know that Vaper......com open a B&M on Fort Smallwood Road. I'm gonna have to make the trip over there soon. PBusardo liked their juice pretty well fwiw. I just bought two 10ml bottles of juice from NetMixx at the North Point Flea Market Sunday. I got Flue Cured and Blueberry Tobacco both @ 24mg/ml. Gotta steep them awhile.

Meet up sounds cool. I'm near White Marsh. I'll have to check back in here more. Seems like interest is picking up a little.

Russ

jellis1414

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Yes.... If you are planning on checking out Vaper..... in person, maybe we could meet up there? I would like to go there and check out some juices. I just north of you in Bel Air...... FieldTrip!!!!! :)

It would be nice to meet some local vapers thats all...

How are those juices from netmixx? I have tried some of Bmorevape? Wasnt that impressed....

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
So far just ok. I bought them Sunday and they mix them when you order. Since they are tobacco flavors, I don't think it is fair to judge them yet. I can taste the blueberry but not tobacco in the blueberry tobacco now and the flue cured has promise if not really week tasting at this time. My experience with DIY tells me tobaccos can take up to three weeks to fully mature in flavor. I'll let you all know what I think in about two weeks. I've put them up for now.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Hey MrMayhem. Good to see you. Capt. Spaulding is one of my favorite characters. We could all meet up anywhere that is convenient. It is just a matter of picking a place and time. I'd like to wait about a week until my Halo Tribeca and Torque56 gets here so I have something to share.
You all probably wouldn't like my DIY :) Any of you try DIY?

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
It isn't hard but you have to be patient because just because a flavor sounds good doesn't mean you'll like it.We can talk about it when we all decide to hook up though. If you are really itching to try it NOW, I could talk to you on the phone. I'm no master at it and some stuff just sucks lol. When you do make a good one,it all seems worth it . There aren't really any shortcuts. I bought all my stuff to start at Wizard Labs and ECigExpress.
If you want to know what you need let me know. I personally love tobacco flavors , some people don't.They take along time to steep.1-4 weeks.I almost gave up on a couple flavors and tried them again a few weeks later and was amazed by the difference. Fruity flavors are ready much quicker.

jellis1414

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Cool. I vape a variety of things. I like the tobacco, but with hits of things. Not just plain tobacco anymore since I have quite smoking, my taste has been enhanced so much, I'm don't like the smell of smoke?? Weird? As for DIY, I am very interested. But I have no experience. And I really just started vaping a couple months now. My go to vape is bobas bounty and gorilla juice. What bout you guys.

jellis1414

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Not yet? havent vaped much in the public!!! I use to bartend at Redbrick station and know the owners. I am sure they wouldnt have a problem if I talked with them...... We could maybe to a meet there at the Bar....

When we decided to meet - Ill bring some good samples for you to try..... the ones I think are the best, like Bobas - and Gorilla - I have a couple others too - that are more in line with tabacco that you like......

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA
Not yet? havent vaped much in the public!!! I use to bartend at Redbrick station and know the owners. I am sure they wouldnt have a problem if I talked with them...... We could maybe to a meet there at the Bar....

When we decided to meet - Ill bring some good samples for you to try..... the ones I think are the best, like Bobas - and Gorilla - I have a couple others too - that are more in line with tabacco that you like......

Redbrick would be a good place for a meet if the owners go for it.

MrMayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
Maryland, USA
Hey MrMayhem. Good to see you. Capt. Spaulding is one of my favorite characters. We could all meet up anywhere that is convenient. It is just a matter of picking a place and time. I'd like to wait about a week until my Halo Tribeca and Torque56 gets here so I have something to share.
You all probably wouldn't like my DIY :) Any of you try DIY?

Yeah, Captain Spaulding is a great character. I have been dabbling with DIY for about two months. I have an apple menthol I'm proud of.

Go Ravens!

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Redbrick would be fine with me guys. The only vendor juice I have is the Halo and the Nettmix that still is steeping as I manage to get by on my kitchen swill LOL. Apple menthol sounds delicious also , MrMayhem. I really need to branch out in DIY more as I can make vapable stuff but I have yet to nail that YOU GOTTA TRY THIS one.
Anyhow ,I'm looking forward to this so LMK. Hope you guys don't mind hanging with an old dude lol.

jellis1414

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Cool..... I give Bill and Chris a call tomorrow and see what they say.... Then Ill check back in with ya.... Gimmeshelter31, there is not issues with age bud.... we all have something very important in common here... that is vaping.... and not smoking!!! Ill check back tomorrow with everyone...

It that doesnt work, I am a member at Crescent Yacht club - and we have our own bar, and we could do it there if Redbricks not down... The club is not far from Redbrick, its just taking the new 43 over by Martins airport..... This might actually be our best bet - Cheap Drinks - and good atmosphere!!!!!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread