>> VAPE STOCKING ACTION PLAN: FDA ATTACKS VAPING <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Directly from the notes on page ONE. "IF the 510 does not fit flush, buy "510 Varitube v2" connectors for the RX200s and DNA200s that you plan on working on, AND extra 510 connectors in case any of them breaks, so that you can fix them." I bought an assortment of parts for several of my mods because YOU need to be able to fix everything that breaks from here out. Look at what is on the RX200 and buy accordingly. The documents below will also tell you what to buy!

Here is an ECF document on fixing the RX200 model 510 pin:
    Replacing the 510 in an RX200

Here are the two videos you need to watch on repairing the 510 connection for the RX200 models. The second video is in French, but the video is really well made and makes it easy to follow.

RX200 510 PIN REPLACEMENT TUTORIAL | MODDING MODS EPISODE #4| DAVE GEE

Tuto connecteur Fat Daddy sur Reuleaux RX200 (IN FRENCH)

A new video on the RX200 2/3 by DJLsb wherein he also replaces the 510 pin with a Varitube model:

The Undesirable Review of the Reuleaux RX2/3 + 510 Connection Replacement

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    How has everyone been doing? A lot has changed since this document was written.

I have purchased many more supplies (update to this document coming soon). And Republican Party members are calling to move the grandfather date. But what if the grandfather date does not change and the FDA Deeming regs don't change?

Better have stocked up!

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 11, 2014
    Iowa United States
    How has everyone been doing? A lot has changed since this document was written.

I have purchased many more supplies (update to this document coming soon). And Republican Party members are calling to move the grandfather date. But what if the grandfather date does not change and the FDA Deeming regs don't change?

Better have stocked up!
    I'm pretty well stocked up and it feels good! so since new products are still coming out i have just been getting stuff i want instead of stuff i need

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I'm pretty well stocked up and it feels good! so since new products are still coming out i have just been getting stuff i want instead of stuff i need

I decided to revisit this document to show where I am in the process. I am pretty comfortable but still need more supplies if I am buying for the 20yr window. A lot of new devices and toppers have come out, yet in no way do they make any of the gear that I have obsolete or less desireable.

What piqued my interest in this document is that I'll be putting on hold any purchases until after May/June b/c I am paying off debt to buy a new car. Since we do not know what the new Congress will bring this kind of freaks me out. After May/June I'll probably make one more big purchase spending another $500 to $1,000 wherever I need to fill in.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2016
    Ohio
    I'm getting there. I picked up 4 gallon of pg/vg from Essential Depot for $48 bucks. I think shipping was $28 bucks. Still a great deal. I got 3 pounds of Rayon cotton which will last a couple lifetimes. 20 replacement glass tubes for my tank, lots of wire etc... Should be good for a while :) Need some more mods next :)

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    My stockpile is part of my savings account, meaning it's something I don't use. All the hardware is stored on arrival and stays out of sight and out of mind. It's for survival, not normal times. It's the minimum I think I'll need, not everything i might like to have someday and it's not forever because there's no such thing as forever. I still have my every day vaping stuff, 3 mods and 3 rda's, in service. (Who knows, they might last 10 years.) I spent $650. The list is below. It's little enough money I won't feel like an idiot if Trump or the courts or congress come to the rescue, but I'll never trust the government to let me vape in peace.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I found out that our OLED screens have a 10 year shelflife so I'm selling some of my extra RX200s and IPVs. No need for 25 years of mods that'll only last 10.
    I got a couple of Coppervape BF kits and REO minis for when the lights go out.
    I stocked a fistful of replacement SX350j boards because I mainly use Boxer Mods.
    20 packs of Nautilus BVC coils for Mrs M's Provari/Nautilus rigs.
    I'll get more BVC coils for her as $$ allow.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I found out that our OLED screens have a 10 year shelflife so I'm selling some of my extra RX200s and IPVs. No need for 25 years of mods that'll only last 10.
    I stocked a fistful of replacement SX350j boards because I mainly use Boxer Mods.
    Where did you get this information?

But suppose it's true. There is an after market firmware for the Pico's and VTC mini's I'm stockpiling that I believe allows seeing the settings via a computer screen. If that's true I could establish the settings that way and lock the device. Then the only thing I couldn't see that might be useful is the battery indicator. I'm pretty sure Escribe software would allow this for DNA devices. The firmware work around may apply to the devices you mention.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mowgli

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Where did you get this information?

But suppose it's true. There is an after market firmware for the Pico's and VTC mini's I'm stockpiling that I believe allows seeing the settings via a computer screen. If that's true I could establish the settings that way and lock the device. Then the only thing I couldn't see that might be useful is the battery indicator. I'm pretty sure Escribe software would allow this for DNA devices. The firmware work around may apply to the devices you mention.

Most of the info I found on Google pertains to OLED TVs.
    I did find that oled shelf life is estimated at 10 years in this book from 2013
    Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs): Materials, Devices and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials): Alastair Buckley: 9780857094254: Amazon.com: Books
    Here's the direct link to "shelflife" search in that book - Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
    Good info @Fubar1977 :toast:

My RX 200's and RX 200S's use different size oleds.
    My SX350j mods probably do too so I think I'll get a few mechs after all.

I'll need freshly charged batteries because I like my dual coil Aromamizers @ .25Ω and my 100+ Crown coils are also .25Ω. I need 3.7v - 4.2v to get useful output. (55W-70W)

Ohm's law @ Steam Engine

Some (all?) mods for that other stuff use 510 connectors now but I dunno what wattage range they provide.

Most of the info I found on Google pertains to OLED TVs.
    I did find that oled shelf life is estimated at 10 years in this book from 2013
    Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs): Materials, Devices and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials): Alastair Buckley: 9780857094254: Amazon.com: Books
    Here's the direct link to "shelflife" search in that book - Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
    Good info @Fubar1977 :toast:

My RX 200's and RX 200S's use different size oleds.
    My SX350j mods probably do too so I think I'll get a few mechs after all.

I'll need freshly charged batteries because I like my dual coil Aromamizers @ .25Ω and my 100+ Crown coils are also .25Ω. I need 3.7v - 4.2v to get useful output. (55W-70W)

Ohm's law @ Steam Engine

Some (all?) mods for that other stuff use 510 connectors now but I dunno what wattage range they provide.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    That 10 year thing has to be calculated by how much you keep the thing on for every day. Maybe an OLED monitor used for 4 hours of video a day will "wear out" in 10 years, but it's tough to see how the less than 10 minutes a day the screen on your mod is lit for will kill it anytime soon.

I'll worry about it 10 years from now if I'm still alive and am still afraid to use the mechs in my emergency stash. I'm sure I'll get over the fear with 10 years to keep playing with the Ohms law calculator on Steam Engine to be sure I understand it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    That 10 year thing has to be calculated by how much you keep the thing on for every day. Maybe an OLED monitor used for 4 hours of video a day will "wear out" in 10 years, but it's tough to see how the less than 10 minutes a day the screen on your mod is lit for will kill it anytime soon.

I'll worry about it 10 years from now if I'm still alive and am still afraid to use the mechs in my emergency stash. I'm sure I'll get over the fear with 10 years to keep playing with the Ohms law calculator on Steam Engine to be sure I understand it.
    I've now done some reading on the topic and it may be that our oled screens might die in 10 years just siitting in storage. Even if true i suspect that's not the end of the story for stockpiling regulated mods. I'm sure the mod companies buy generic parts, inncluding screens that are used in other applications. They may be buying the screens with stock cable lengths and standard connectors. If that is correct it may very well be that compatible parts will be available in 10 years that fit and work on our various mods. These days it wouldn't be worth repairing a bad sceen on most mods but if mods aren't available years from now it might be worth what ever it takes to find parts and make repairs. We could probably get reliable answers from someone in the electronics repair business.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    10 year shelf life means whether we use them or not AFAICT.
    A screen went on one of my Boxers the other day but it did bounce off the bathroom tile floor the previous night. It started fading until it didn't light at all. It still fired just fine but wouldn't display. I replaced the board but saved the crippled one JIC.

These lil ($4!) doohickeys might prove invaluable someday Inline Volt Meter - Clear

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    A screen went on one of my Boxers the other day but it did bounce off the bathroom tile floor the previous night. It started fading until it didn't light at all. It still fired just fine but wouldn't display. I replaced the board but saved the crippled one JIC.

These lil ($4!) doohickeys might prove invaluable someday Inline Volt Meter - Clear

Damn I need to quit looking at these stocking threads. Have 2 meters on the way because one just isn't enough.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    "Shelf Life" ratings are funny things. In general, I take them to mean that the manufacturer is confident that the product will be good for at least that long. In other words, you can park it on a shelf for that long, then install it in a product, and it will still be usable.

What's the rated shelf life of nic base, or PG, or VG? Right, a year or two at most. Yet real world experience has shown that they will remain usable for as long as anyone has has stored them so far (7 years?) particularly if they are stored under optimal conditions.

That said, one of the reasons I vape mechs almost exclusively these days is that I'm confident I can keep them running indefinitely and that there are no "shelf life" issues with them at all. :D

Last edited:

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I found out that our OLED screens have a 10 year shelf life so I'm selling some of my extra RX200s and IPVs. No need for 25 years of mods that'll only last 10.

I did not know abt the OLED screens! Jesh, 75% of my mods have them. Thank you for the information!

I'm still buying, so it looks like at least 5+ more mechs are going to be purchased and an inline voltage dohickey!!!

Reactions: Mowgli

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I did not know abt the OLED screens! Jesh, 75% of my mods have them. Thank you for the information!

I'm still buying, so it looks like at least 5+ more mechs are going to be purchased and an inline voltage dohickey!!!
    I got 4 single battery clone mods and 4 dual battery noisy crickets (I still need to order upgrade parts for) but I think I might look into getting a few custom PWM board mods that don't have oled (any) displays. A guy named whiterose on one of the other forums makes some pretty sick looking mods and all his customers rave about the performance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread