Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
which products the strongest parts availability for tanks with rba's. does the
Aromamizer have good selection of parts i can buy. where would i buy spare glass, rba bases, and o rings? i have never used the aromamizer so i would have to take your word on that its a good unit. i would probably order 5 of them
The Aromamizer comes with a spare parts kit including an extra tank, grub screws, and o-rings.

Grub screws and o-rings are readily available from non-vape hardware sources.

If anything, buy a few spare tank glasses. Available from Steamcrave directly, or on FT, or any number of domestic sources.

The body/base is made from SS and will last damn near forever unless you cross-thread it.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
The body/base is made from SS and will last damn near forever unless you cross-thread it.

I have a SS tube mod that after about 3 yrs the end cap threads gave out. Luckily I had a spare - I don't know how many times I wondered why I wasted my money on it since I thought it would never wear out - one year later still going strong...

Reactions: mikepetro

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
listening to this video they are putting it under some type of pharmaceutical framework. i thought a judge told them they could not regulate them as a drug delivery device. they are treating them that way anyway? what? why is that permitted? should be thrown out.

tobacco powered flashlights, i love it. a little tasteful humor

Last edited:
Reactions: Jingles

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I have a SS tube mod that after about 3 yrs the end cap threads gave out. Luckily I had a spare - I don't know how many times I wondered why I wasted my money on it since I thought it would never wear out - one year later still going strong...
Good point, even SS can wear out.

I estimated that each Aromamizer should last at least one year.
Thats why I bought 20 of them as part of my "20 year plan".
Spare parts should extend that.

By standardizing on a single model, buying a bunch of spare parts was easier. All my spare parts will work on all my attys!

This is my Aromamizer spares parts bin, I am guessing it is overkill:
DSCN1326_zpsssen43rg.jpg

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

By standardizing on a single model, buying a bunch of spare parts was easier. All my spare parts will work on all my attys!

DSCN1326_zpsssen43rg.jpg

I also standardized, but on two models. Why two - well I had been using one model for four years, but when the deeming came I wanted to go for at least one final upgrade... I do like your thinking. Overkill - not in my book...

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have two aromamizers in my stash I haven't tried yet. Sounds like I need to give one a test drive.

edit: I bought a 3ml and 6ml from evcigarrettes.com. They use bluecheck now. Anyone know where to buy them for the best price if I decide I want more?

edit 2: best version? v1, v2, supreme?

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
i like that. so you are into the aromamizer? i have never tried one maybe i should get my hands on one to see what its about. one of the biggest things i am against is having two vapers in the house, i have to have what you guys have x2. so if you have 20, i need to have 40 ect ect

Naw, get the most common failure points first. Then go for the rest. I doubt x 2 is necessary. For example - I went through 3 replacement glass in the first year - since then I have used the same glass for the last 3 yrs. I just had to learn how to stop breaking them. Same with screws - overtightening, etc...

You do not want to need a second mortgage to finance this venture...

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
i like that. so you are into the aromamizer? i have never tried one maybe i should get my hands on one to see what its about. one of the biggest things i am against is having two vapers in the house, i have to have what you guys have x2. so if you have 20, i need to have 40 ect ect
Yes, I am partial to the Aromamizer. When I found it I no longer felt the need to look for a better vape.

Because you can coil it the way you want it, single or dual coil, you can dress it up or dress it down, make it sub ohm or normal ohm, horizontal or vertical coils, etc etc.. It is a very versatile atty, and the two post velocity style deck is particularly easy to build on. Make it a normal vape as I prefer, or make it a cloud machine if thats your thing.

Do keep in mind though, that I have been on this journey a while, so I grew into wanting/needing a a powerful atty. I would probably not recommend this to a first week newby. But if you are at a point where you are considering building your own coils, this thing is a winner in my book.

ETA: If you shop around, they are also reasonably priced. They come in a V1, V2, and Supreme line. I went for the V2. Didnt like the "rubberband" for AFC on the V1, and I tried the Supreme but frankly liked the V2 vape better.

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Naw, get the most common failure points first. Then go for the rest. I doubt x 2 is necessary. For example - I went through 3 replacement glass in the first year - since then I have used the same glass for the last 3 yrs. I just had to learn how to stop breaking them. Same with screws - overtightening, etc...

You do not want to need a second mortgage to finance this venture...
One thing that helps with not stripping out the grub screws is to get a decent allen wrench, the ones that come with the average atty kit are cheap and will strip a grub easy. For the Aromamizer you need a M1.3 and I personally recommend the Wiha brand.

Yeah, not breaking the glass tank is a learned skill (on any atty), after a few "oh craps" you learn......

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
i had the same kanger subohm tank and glass for years, it finally gave up not that long ago..... it shattered after several years of abuse. where do i find parts for that unit. its the kanger subohm the original unit. i need a glass and i am missing the RBA section as i was using premade coils until all of this hit the fan. this is the big sub-ohm i think its 6ml if i am not mistaken. i did like that tank.

Reactions: Semiretired

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I have two aromamizers in my stash I haven't tried yet. Sounds like I need to give one a test drive.

edit: I bought a 3ml and 6ml from evcigarrettes.com. They use bluecheck now. Anyone know where to buy them for the best price if I decide I want more?

edit 2: best version? v1, v2, supreme?
Havent shopped for them in a couple months, so I dont know the current best deals. I would expect to pay about $20 for a V2, less for a V1, more for a Supreme.

• I prefer the V2 myself. It has a SS airflow control ring.
  • The V1 uses a rubber ring to adjust air flow, I hate that rubberband.
  • The Supreme adds juice flow control to the mix. On paper it sounds better, and many swear by it, but I tried hard and never could get the vape I wanted, where I got that ideal vape out of the V1 and V2 without even trying hard. But thats just me.
ETA: Replacement spare parts like glass and o-rings etc are interchangeable for the V1 and V2. The supreme series uses different parts.

Reactions: Fozzy71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Havent shopped for them in a couple months, so I dont know the current best deals. I would expect to pay about $20 for a V2, less for a V1, more for a Supreme.

• I prefer the V2 myself. It has a SS airflow control ring.
  • The V1 uses a rubber ring to adjust air flow, I hate that rubberband.
  • The Supreme adds juice flow control to the mix. On paper it sounds better, and many swear by it, but I tried hard and never could get the vape I wanted, where I got that ideal vape out of the V1 and V2 without even trying hard. But thats just me.
ETA: Replacement spare parts like glass and o-rings etc are interchangeable for the V1 and V2. The supreme series uses different parts.
excellent, thanks. I run all of my tanks wide open air so I imagine I will do like rip trippers and just remove the air band. I will build up the 6ml this week and if I like it I will look for some v2's. Most of my tanks I am using have JFC but again I crank them all wide open. The boreas doesn't have it and I haven't had any issues with that tank or dry hits even if I decide to close the afc down to 3 holes for a bit more flavor (don't do this often as it tends to whistle) which cuts down the juice flow slightly.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
excellent, thanks. I run all of my tanks wide open air so I imagine I will do like rip trippers and just remove the air band. I will build up the 6ml this week and if I like it I will look for some v2's. Most of my tanks I am using have JFC but again I crank them all wide open. The boreas doesn't have it and I haven't had any issues with that tank or dry hits even if I decide to close the afc down to 3 holes for a bit more flavor (don't do this often as it tends to whistle) which cuts down the juice flow slightly.
If you like wide open anyway, then the V2 doesnt have any real advantage over the V1, just take the rubberband off.

Shop around, last I saw V1s could be found real cheap.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

DSCN1326_zpsssen43rg.jpg

I saved the pic locally. This is my goal!!! :thumb:

Just bought 2 Griffin 25 RTA Stainless; 10 - Geek Vape Staggered Fused Clapton SS316, 10 - Geek Vape Alien Clapton Kanthal A1.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread