Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm usually taking 1-3 drags of around 2-5 seconds and then put it down for at the very least a minute. But usually the dry hit comes at the first hit and then I just quit and put it down and try to... fix it somehow... and fail.

Do you reckon the smok TFV8 would do a better job with my current juices? I'm kind of scared to go for higher PG juices as I quit smoking using a vape pen a few years ago with PG juice and it always gave me such a horribly dry throat (that's why I quit vaping back then.... and the gear wasn't as good). I like the juices tastes and the vapour too (maybe a bit more cloud would be nice so I can practice some tricks... my O's aren't going anywhere)
Coil quality isn't great for the v8 line. Any reason why you're not looking at other brands?

Reactions: stols001

Quacky

May 24, 2018
I don't know a lot about brands, I've only recently started reading up on the brands and so on these days. A brother of a friend (who gave me the idea to start vaping again) who is pretty vape-crazy exclusively uses smok so I figured... better safe than sorry eh.

Don't really mind different brands and so on, it's just difficult to pick as every website recommends different ones. The aspire nautilus 2 and uwell crown are pretty well received.... I thought about going for those but I wonder if they fit on my relatively small AL85 mod. Same for the TFV12 which I wanted, don't think my mod would suit it.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I'm usually taking 1-3 drags of around 2-5 seconds and then put it down for at the very least a minute. But usually the dry hit comes at the first hit and then I just quit and put it down and try to... fix it somehow... and fail.

Do you reckon the Smok TFV8 would do a better job with my current juices? I'm kind of scared to go for higher PG juices as I quit smoking using a vape pen a few years ago with PG juice and it always gave me such a horribly dry throat (that's why I quit vaping back then.... and the gear wasn't as good). I like the juices tastes and the vapour too (maybe a bit more cloud would be nice so I can practice some tricks... my O's aren't going anywhere)
The tfv8 is a good tank and you can get even lower ohm coils for it. Personally, i like the tfv12 better just because it holds a bit more juice. And you can get coils down to .16ohm with it. Major vapor production and above par flavor. But....and theres always a but....even these coils taste bad after a week or so of moderate to heavy use. For that matter, coils i build and wick myself need the wicks changed out every couple days. With drop in coils, unless you want to attempt rebuilding them, you can figure they are expendable and dont last forever.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Melted o-ring, for a guess. Less likely but a bigger problem is the insulator between the positive and negative sides of the 510 connector getting overheated. I haven't got anything more specific because I don't use drop-in coil tanks, but that's where I'd start looking.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't see the mesh coils listed, just the f1,f2 and f3.
They are oos at a few sites, most popular ones and $7 is cheap. I've read the F2 and F3 are good too. F1 is just okay reportedly. If I like the Falcon mesh I may order the Ello Damo as well. Shame the coils aren't compatible.

• Useful

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
They are oos at a few sites, most popular ones and $7 is cheap. I've read the F2 and F3 are good too. F1 is just okay reportedly. If I like the Falcon mesh I may order the Ello Damo as well. Shame the coils aren't compatible.
Great prices, I'll keep checking for the mesh coils. I have the fireluke mesh and I'm liking the mesh coils a lot, want to get a falcon and compare.

Quacky

May 24, 2018
Hey guys,

It's going well just smoking the clear honeydew liquid in my 0.3 coil now while leaving my other darker thicker looking liquids in the dark, still using the same coil (cleaned it once) and its working great however I've a new problem.

I keep feeling less and less of my vape to an extent where right now I'm still blowing pretty big clouds but when im inhaling and exhaling those clouds it just feels like air to me, not like vapour/smoke or anything.... which is really taking the satisfaction out of vaping and makes me feel like a smoke sometimes. It's not so much throat hit that I'm looking for as in that sensation in the back of my throat and I definitely don't want more nicotine (I'm already pretty close to zero as-is) but I'm just looking for that feeling that I've got ''something'' in my mouth... you know? It's really frustrating to an extent where I almost felt like buying a pack of smokes.

I looked up the mesh coil vapes but eh, I don't think they sell them in my country (the Netherlands)... the assortment of vapes here is pretty small compared to canada/us

Thanks,
Quacky

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread