Vape warning...just discovered 4mm polyp in lung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amginnyc2317

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

I’m new here. I came in just to provide a warning due to my experience with vaping. I am not an ex-smoker. I’ve noticed on threads that whenever someone comes on complaining about any symptom which they feel correlates to their vaping other users generally attack the notion and attribute it to past smoking damage. I started vaping at 30 years old, introduced by a friend while I was recovering from a knee surgery. It was a fun distraction while on bed rest. I soon developed a full-fledged nicotine addiction. On occasion I would get a sore feeling in my lungs, a tightness in my chest and a feeling of pressure. I couldn’t breathe easily. I would spend time deliberately taking deep breathes to try to fight this feeling. It was often very bad at night, while lying down, but noticeably all day long. When I would stop baling I would notice the symptoms would subside after several days to a week or so, sometimes it would take longer. I would then convince myself it was anxiety or I was developing a cold and I would begin calling again, only for the symptoms to immediately return. This cycle went on for about 4 years. About 6 months ago I was in a constant state of lung pain and chest tightness. It felt like I was either having a heart attack or an asthma attack. It went on for weeks before I finally went in to the ER. I had an entire blood panel done in addition to an ekg, a high contrast CAT scan of my neck and chest. I was told my lungs look normal and there is nothing to indicate damage, but I was found to have a 4mm polyp in the center of my right lung. I was told to follow up with my gp. I did and am scheduled to have a second CAT in 6 months to see if any growth has happened. My go sent me this study which i found really interesting. In the meantime I was scared into quitting. I went from chain vaping all day to nothing and I feel amazing and free, although my chest tightness has not completely resolved.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Hi Amginnyc2317. Must've been an awful experience.

Concerning that case study:
"Results of a lung biopsy revealed an area with multinucleated giant cells suggestive of a foreign body reaction to a lipophilic material" .. that is irritating. Makes me wonder what that person vaped.

How about you? You had problems rather early on, so what exactly did you vape?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Did your doctor actually say vaping was the cause? I did some research and generally the cause of lung polyps are an allergic reaction or some sort of infection, usually viral. So there is some slight chance you are one of the VERY few people that have an allergy to something in your vape that had this effect, but it is MORE likely that this was caused by something else. Please let us know what your doctor gives as the actual cause.

Reactions: Tonee N

Amginnyc2317

Sep 30, 2018
What did you predominantly vape?

Doesn't look like we are going to get any answers... there already offline, geez this has never happened before...

I started with blu kits in the very beginning (not the disposables, the rechargeable pod systems) then switched to a pen with pg/veg blends of fruit flavors at 12 percent nicotine. Then I switched to Juul for the last year.

Amginnyc2317

Sep 30, 2018
Did your doctor actually say vaping was the cause? I did some research and generally the cause of lung polyps are an allergic reaction or some sort of infection, usually viral. So there is some slight chance you are one of the VERY few people that have an allergy to something in your vape that had this effect, but it is MORE likely that this was caused by something else. Please let us know what your doctor gives as the actual cause.

No, he did not. He said there can be many causes for polyps, but he was concerned with the correlation of my lung pain and tightness and vaping and then the subsequent polyp. Although, there can not be proof of the polyp cause, there is no doubt vaping is the cause of the pain and lung/breathing issues. I have been through the quit and start cycle so many times because of the pain and shortness of breath.

Amginnyc2317

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Amginnyc2317. Must've been an awful experience.

Concerning that case study:
"Results of a lung biopsy revealed an area with multinucleated giant cells suggestive of a foreign body reaction to a lipophilic material" .. that is irritating. Makes me wonder what that person vaped.

How about you? You had problems rather early on, so what exactly did you vape?

I started baking blu refill kits, then went to a more respectable kango type pen with coil refills and I vaped almost exclusively berry type flavors at 12 percent nic. Then last December I switched to a juul during one of my quit cycles because I had thrown away my pen.

Amginnyc2317

Sep 30, 2018
The url has been removed from this supposed study you posted. Interesting.
Thanks for stopping by.

This sort of response seems typical for the vaping community. There is a suspicious “big tobacco” conspiracy-theorist fear that everyone seems to have. You all seem like the type of people who voted for Trump.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
This sort of response seems typical for the vaping community. There is a suspicious “big tobacco” conspiracy-theorist fear that everyone seems to have. You all seem like the type of people who voted for Trump.

Oh boy!, conspiracy theorist's and attempted political smear in one response.

Gotta blame (insert whatever here) on someone or something other than your own poor decisions.

Like you didn't know inhaling anything other than 'clean air' comes with risk.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Trump voters are afraid of government not corporations. Also it’s not a conspiracy theory if there is large amounts of documentation and data. There is evidence of attack from both the left and the right on this one. On one hand you’ve got tobacco companies doing things like pouring gigantic amounts of money into sometimes very local elections to push anti vaping legislation, and on the other you have anti cigarette activist groups terrified that their reason for existence may disappear.

You want to talk conspiracy theory, let’s talk the assumption of causality between a minuscule 4mm polyp and cancer and vaping.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole

In a thread of 14posts, 8 of which were yours, so you went from "concern" to "attack" with out any real prompting!
Troll level, 3.......out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread