Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I haven't seen a thread on this, but I got mine last week and I think it's become my favorite pod out of the dozen or so I have. The tightest- real, legit, warm MTL draw I've had since the old days of vaping. It truly feels like a cig, and you get that slight cheek pull. Size, material coating, and everything else is all spot on. You can even sort of hold it like a cig when drawing.

Only cons so far- the pods only hold 1.2 mils, which doesn't last as long as I'd like. And I occasionally get some juice that works it's way up...which is usually my pet peeve, but an easy shake gets it out.

Random video review, but this man sums up my glee over it. This is probably what I'd give someone trying to quit cigs right now first.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've been looking to get another one, and I just realized that not all colors have the rubber/matte finish on it, which is a selling point for me and helps with grip. I have the black, so I know that one does, but looks like some of the other colors are smooth finish. Just an fyi.

Also, Breezy seems to have the cheapest price in the states right now for $20 (but they don't have extra pods in stock)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I was just gift'd one with 1.5 ohm spares. Not even an hour later I was buying a backup.

IMG-20190603-175755.jpg

Not into the lanyard thing so I plucked a pocket clip from a $2 aa flashlight.
Red ring reminds me it's got a 1.5 tank.

Nice tight cigarette-esque draw. Plenty of flavor. Temp controlled? I dunno, but no burnt lip from chain vaping 5 or 6 quick puffs.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My first sigelei was my last sigelei. Lasted less than a week. Bought two E1's a day apart and within 7 days out of the box both failed.

The E8 my brother gave me is a couple months old and was his daily until he started using a red one. I've been using ultra smooth Zeros for a while but this E8 is giving them a good run for their money. Instead of vaping from a temp controlled flashdrive it's like vaping from a very consistant double a battery.

No bells, no whistles, not even an on/off switch. Just a simple little device that gets it done very well.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
The draw on the E8 is just great (sorry). It's so quiet. I've been using mine with pretty thin liquids (max 50% VG) and the pods seem to hold up. I'm on my second one now, and it's been going for 2-3 weeks on unflavoured. I avoid chain vaping this one, but that's just me.

This is the 1st pod system I've used that gives a nice calm, low key draw by default.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
The e8 seems to be designed for the new vaper or ones still trying to give up smoking tobacco.
No fire button, no heat ranges to find the right one, no on/off button to accidentally press at just the wrong time, 40 minute 0 to full charging, pass through vaping if you can't wait that long, no complicated assemblies to take apart and clean, no drop in assemblies to hope you got the right one when the one that came with your tank wears out. The ergonomics are so much like the old cigalikes but the unit doesn't weigh a ton and have that ink pen sized/shaped draw tip that keeps is from letting it hang from our mouth when working on something but want a hit of nicotine to keep from throwing the wrench they just slipped and busted a few knuckles.
It's been almost a year since I stopped smoking and vaped on many occasions for many years before and finally I've found what suits me best. 60/40 juice in an e8 pod .
Prior to this combo an Evod (with cotton yarn wicks) on top of an Itaste vv with a 50/50 juice was about as close as I found to my sweet spot.
With today's juices and pod systems like the e8 it's no wonder the 4th branch of government has turned up the heat . The possibilities for successful cigarette cessation has never been higher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I remember back when I took a few puffs from an early cigalike some ten years ago thinking "this could be big". The hit was harsh, the pre-filled pod leaked (or burst), and the battery was less than reliable. But it was $20 for a unit, a charger and a cartridge plus $14 for 5 more cartridges. "Hope the government don't find out about these" I thought as coworkers were intrigued by my electric cigarette.

A days supply of electricity to cook the juice, 3 days worth of juice in each pod and all for about the price of a carton of cigarettes. And an occasional puff meant no urge to smoke. None, but....

The hit was so harsh, the juice tasted like stale pancake syrup and it was easy to not like the bursting cartridges. I gave up on those novelty things thinking they were dangerous. I stopped taking the risk of inhaling steam. After watching the movie "thank you for smoking" where a group of goody-two-shoes tried to off a tobacco lobbyists with nicotine patches...and a bursted cartridge caused numb face...no way dude. No more of that nonsense.

Ten years later, the juices are outstanding, the devices very reliable and the choices are amazing. This could be REALLY BIG.

Is the Ant a game changer? Could be.

Now for some it may come down to not wanting to carry their pod hanging from an around the neck lanyard like some secret government agency employee name tag. I discovered that the pocket clip from an inexpensive double a sized flashlight helps that issue.

IMG-20190609-110424.jpg

No more psuedo tobacco stuff that tastes like stale pancake syrup, no more bursting cartridges, no more sudden battery failure(s), no more coworkers asking "don't those things explode?" If there are any issues, it's more of a matter of too many choices these days.

Too bad hollyweird has demonized vaping. Otherwise a Buck Rogers, WW3 type future warrior flick might show the military passing out Vape Ants to young soldiers much like Uncle Sam did with Chesterfields and Lucky Strikes back in the second war to end all wars.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Ya, I still totally love this thing. If anyone wants a total mind-eff...Sigelei has an almost exact identical one coming out. And I don't just mean usual knock off, it looks exactly the same, except for the fill port plug is connected. It's a real mystery.

I ordered one and got an Odo2.
Not real sure if I should do a side by side with an Odo 2 vs an e8 but you're right, the Odo1 pods even interchange with the e8 they're so close. Not sure why Sigelei updated the Odo so fast. The pods are not interchangeable anymore.
The Odo 2 has a bigger tank (pod) and comes with a silicone dust cap but so many other things, to me, are a step backward from the e8 I ordered another red e8 as a spare and the Odo most likely won't be an adv device like my e8s. Just wish the darn blue ones could be found :(

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

• Informative
Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I ordered one and got an Odo2.
Not real sure if I should do a side by side with an Odo 2 vs an e8 but you're right, the Odo1 pods even interchange with the e8 they're so close. Not sure why Sigelei updated the Odo so fast. The pods are not interchangeable anymore.
The Odo 2 has a bigger tank (pod) and comes with a silicone dust cap but so many other things, to me, are a step backward from the e8 I ordered another red e8 as a spare and the Odo most likely won't be an adv device like my e8s. Just wish the darn blue ones could be found :(

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

How strange, oy. Ya I saw some retailer pick up the Odo and the pic has a new top cap that looks odd, and doesn't seem like it would give the same tight pull. The holding a bit more juice is nice...maybe the e8 will now copy back on that front.

Well bummer. Ya I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the other colors, but nothing yet.

Reactions: stols001

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
How strange, oy. Ya I saw some retailer pick up the Odo and the pic has a new top cap that looks odd, and doesn't seem like it would give the same tight pull. The holding a bit more juice is nice...maybe the e8 will now copy back on that front.

Well bummer. Ya I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the other colors, but nothing yet.
After a side by side today, I'd bee ok with the Odo2 if I didn't have an e8 as performance wise they're pretty darn equal after a full day of side by side. The draw on the Odo is about the same but the ergonomics on my lips is much better with an e8. Again, that's me and I'm not suggesting others might not love the new smaller mouthpiece

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I have not had a single person ask me "don't those things explode?" when I pull out my E8 and vape from it.
Not one.

Now I did chuckle at a crowd of spanish speaking construction workers the other day when this one pulls out and 18650 size vape pen and made a cloud. I hear "bladeladeladel" from one cat, and the "bladeladejuulladel?". The foreman busted out laughing so I asked "what did he ask that other guy?" He says in broken English "he wants to know if that was one of those Juuls that explode". lol

They say "what's that?" And I respond "the ant". I hear a chorus of "ahhhhhh bladeladeladel".....

Last edited:
Reactions: Electrodave

ylem

Dec 10, 2017
Oz
Thanks for the heads-up. The cheapest I can get one to Australia costs me ~AUD 60 though, too much for me. Hopefully it gains popularity—given the positive reviews here that seems likely—enough to reach our shores, or at least FastTech/eFun/et al. Have you tried the Geekvape Frenzy/Flint by any chance; if so, how do they compare? The mention of spitback has me a bit concerned, it's a dealbreaker for me. Can you vape with it upside down? Cheers.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, I'm pretty sure they gave up on the 1.8, but I think it was a good move. They seem almost exactly the same except that the 1.5 is just a bit warmer. So no big loss.

And ylem, I do have it happen to me sometimes, but I also give probably way too much pull. And just to be clear, it's not spitback like some sub ohm tanks do, but more that the juice sometimes works it's way up. Maybe more like flooding. It could just be me though, not sure.

I haven't tried upside down but honestly I can't think of any device that can pass that test in the long run. Hmm, I'll test that out though and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread