Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The innokin "Sceptre" MTL / DL POD mod . . .

First - The Disclaimer: I am not a professional writer, nor reviewer of any products/product line. Over the past few years - the only reviews or suggestions I have made were at the spur of the moment and in response to a question that was asked in a thread or based on the discussion at the time which I believed I could provide information or add something to the conversation. What’s more important, anything I said was – or will say, is – “My” Personal Opinion . . .

So even with that said . . . Let's just start at the beginning and "My” immediate first impression after receiving the Innokin Sceptre MTL/DL POD MOD and opening the box up.. . . The first word that came to mind was "Spectacular" - Yes, spectacular and stunning because of the very impressive and attractive design, coloring, compact size, and especially the tactile feel of the Sceptre POD MOD itself.

B8ifiEE.jpg

The Sceptre POD MOD - I got was quite aesthetically pleasing. It was the Black w/Red accents that enhanced the Mod itself on the top front section that looks as though and has a raised snakeskin pattern - while the back of the top section has a smooth glossy finish . . . The bottom section is just as smooth, however it has a "non-slip" rubberised feel to it that carries around the whole bottom half of the Mod . . . As for the size, it fits quite nicely in the palm of my hand and/or shirt pocket when not in use. AND - Not so small that it gets lost either in your hand or pockets, especially given how light the POD MOD is.

jp50001.jpg

Once again, inside the box:- Innokin has included just about everything that you need to start out with besides the Device and Pod with the 1.2 coil already installed . . . There is the usual - very easy to understand and use "Quick Guide"(whether or not you're a beginner or more experienced), Warranty and a comprehensive Safety Booklet, USB Charging Cord, and of course an extra Coil (.05 Mesh Coil).

Now, for the more practical side of the review and hands on use of The Innokin Sceptre POD/MOD;

I tested the Sceptre using Unfllavored NIC w/Koolada added to provide a "Cooling" Menthol effect. Also, I evaluated the SceptrePOD/MOD based on “My” experiences, using the Innokin Gala to compare it with (another Innokin POD MOD).,

After I made myself somewhat familiar with this MOD - I found that the Pod has a 1.2 coil already installed and was quite easy to fill, especially given it has a side fil and you can actually see how much e-liquid is flowing into the POD - it is a very light smokey tint. Also - It was great to find out that there is only one way to re-install the POD into the camber and that the small LED lights up when contact is made and set-in properly - so No mix-up or mishappes or shorts

5FyM3ZG.jpg

SO - Once the POD was filled and after I let it sit for 10 minutes . . . Finally all set up and ready to go . . . .Only to be very disappointed, although I was using Unflavored NIC w/ Koolada (Cool Menthol tasting), the first few draws and all I could taste was an OLD STALE TOBACCO taste from the vapor it produced. I knew something had gone wrong,. I never had a problem using my ADV E-liquid before in anew tank, could it be something I did. Open the POD took out the coil and poured out the e-liquid and started over. Filled POD with new e-liquid again and this time let it sit for a half hour. Same results. This was becoming disappointing, but Thankfully I had another POD to try again. New POD, New 1.2 Coil, Unflavored NIC w/ Koolada let sit 10 minutes and then took a VAPE . . . WOW ! ! ! What a difference, smooth cooling vapor that I am so use to inhaling. Must have been a bad coil that had leftover manufacturing residue as some coils do at times. Once I got over that hump, it's been clear sailing all the way.

Been using the Sceptre POD MOD for over a week now and couldn't be more pleased (IMO - much better then the Innokin GALA for a number of reasons). I really like the 3ml POD, using the 1.2 coil (not so much the .05 mesh coil), especially when the airflow is set all the way down to MTL. Any other setting is just too much 'air"/"vapor" for me. AND - Even at that setting there is still a lot of Vapor produced that - IMHO - would satisfy any "Cloud Chaser". .As for producing and maintaining "Flavor" from beginning to end (once I got everything set-up properly) - IMHO- the Innokin Sceptre POD is as good as a Prism Tank, Zlide & Zenith using a 1.2/1.6 coil (Really hope they can be cleaned and reused, as I do with Z-Coils0 . In addition, it is very easy to use, whether or not you use the draw function or firing button. Also - the 1400 mah battery lasted “Me” a good week (in rotation with a couple of other MODS).and still had a charge. Even with that said, I just recharge the battery and it only took approximately, 1 hour to be back to a full charge.

Last, but surely is not the least, is “My” overall impression of the Sceptre POD MOD . . .

PROS:

* 3ml POD
* Uses 1.2 or .05 oHm replacable coils
* Easy Light Small MOD

CONS:

* Can not really be used for "Stealth" Vaping - too much vapor.
* Bad 1.2 Coil right out of the box

This is another slam dunk from Innokin be you a beginner or experienced vapor. A must that belongs in everyone "stash" and/or daily rotation . . . . .Here it is next to a Endura T18/T22 w/ Prism Tanks that I use as my go to MODS and the ones I take when going out - Surpisingly All Innokins:

YnuKorx.jpg

If there is one thing I would suggest to Innokin, the Highlight color - this one being Red - it should cover the background spaces of the Black raised "snakeskin" even more . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes;

Once again, IMO – A Really Great Device that I whole heartily recommend to all Vapors, especially “Tootle Puffers” . . .
li71Xn5qDIXAzMOlEjUqg2lvv9fWEHdQ3LQU76ZfgOgM0_5PfMI27GDR8ZO_P_Ge1yLZ7FwIWlO593OxxQloROW-ZT040oxr72eAKNgDLTRKNPlx-qV40CchITqofFE=s0-d-e1-ft

Okay –
(Now – Before anyone makes any comments, Once again, it will sometime take “Me” awhile to write up and edit something even this small; so if “You” find any mistakes in grammar, punctuation, or spelling – get over it, I’m not a professional . . . Just Sayin’ . . . ;)
9xEg5zGJZLpmZErkoDiYjKtwuXXJC5fsidlOKxfIAX-X75RBpj6k_D1aBx9ezH499A0BhnLjsQbI0nOI6aZz--h5BJQjoye0wf9ih0_TPbXzYKmAYQ=s0-d-e1-ft
)

BTW: If You have gotten this far in the review, anyone who get a Sceptre MOD POD and will only use the .05 oHm mesh coils . . . Contact "Me" - I will trade ya' the ones I have for the 1.2 oHm coils - I have 5 of them . . . ;)

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
An excellent review and I have to agree with your thinking. I never thought I'd buy a pod, never mind end up liking one.

A Sceptre came up on the sidebar of one of the sellers I use while I was checking out the price of some coils and as it was cheap and I liked the look of it I ordered one ... and from the first drag I was sold on it.

I like its looks, its feel, its weight but even more so how it delivers on flavour with the 1.2 ohm coil and my favourite menthol liquid. I liked it so much I've just ordered a second one.

Well done Innokin!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Update:

FYI: Almost 2 months using the same 1.2 oHm coil . . . :thumbs:

Innokin does do good coils - with my Zenith and Zlides I reckon on 6 week minimum life. I have had one dry hit with my Sceptre ( my fault for not checking the liquid level ) but when I refilled it, no bad taste - just the same as with other Innokin coils.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Innokin does do good coils - with my Zenith and Zlides I reckon on 6 week minimum life. I have had one dry hit with my Sceptre ( my fault for not checking the liquid level ) but when I refilled it, no bad taste - just the same as with other Innokin coils.

I hear Ya' on the Zenith/Zlides Z-Coils . . . Mine usually last up 90+ days, but then again I use Unflavored 50/50 24mg NIC w/ the additives Koolada & Menthol Crystal Liquid . . .The other great thing is they can be cleaned and reused too.

Anyway, there has been more discussion with others about the Sceptre in the other review thread in the INNOKIN forum that you may want to check out also:

The Innokin "Sceptre" MTL / DL POD MOD . . .Review

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
An excellent review and I have to agree with your thinking. I never thought I'd buy a pod, never mind end up liking one.

A Sceptre came up on the sidebar of one of the sellers I use while I was checking out the price of some coils and as it was cheap and I liked the look of it I ordered one ... and from the first drag I was sold on it.

I like its looks, its feel, its weight but even more so how it delivers on flavour with the 1.2 ohm coil and my favourite menthol liquid. I liked it so much I've just ordered a second one.

Well done Innokin!

Hi @Falconeer , thank you for the support! We're glad to hear you enjoy using the Sceptre too! We appreciate your sharing about your thoughts and experience with us. Happy vaping~ :thumbs:

Reactions: Uncle

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
I hear Ya' on the Zenith/Zlides Z-Coils . . . Mine usually last up 90+ days, but then again I use Unflavored 50/50 24mg NIC w/ the additives Koolada & Menthol Crystal Liquid . . .The other great thing is they can be cleaned and reused too.

Anyway, there has been more discussion with others about the Sceptre in the other review thread in the INNOKIN forum that you may want to check out also:

The Innokin "Sceptre" MTL / DL POD MOD . . .Review

Thank you @Uncle for sharing too! :wub: Cheers~:thumbs:

Reactions: Uncle

An.D

Jan 2, 2021
I am using it for a month and a half now and i love the taste it gives. Nice grib, tank easy to refill and variety of coils. The only thing i worry about is that the taste has started to feel burny now. So i wonder if i should clean the tank or through it and buy a new one. Can i wash it and save money as well? Has anyone tried it? It looks brand new. Just the taste is getting worse as days go by. I'm thinking of taking the base with the coil out, emptying it from the liquid and cleaning it with warm water.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I am using it for a month and a half now and i love the taste it gives. Nice grib, tank easy to refill and variety of coils. The only thing i worry about is that the taste has started to feel burny now. So i wonder if i should clean the tank or through it and buy a new one. Can i wash it and save money as well? Has anyone tried it? It looks brand new. Just the taste is getting worse as days go by. I'm thinking of taking the base with the coil out, emptying it from the liquid and cleaning it with warm water.

Absolutely, No NEED to purchase a new Sceptre or POD, that is unless you want another one . . . The reason you might be feel a "Burny" taste is either one of 2 things . . . 1) You have let the e-liquid get below the "MINIMUM" fill line or so low that the coil is getting too hot (which I've done once) . . . Or 2) Depending on what type of e-lquid you are using can "gunk-up" the coil and needs to be changed out for a fresher coils . . . BTW: Nothing is wrong with "taking the base with the coil out, emptying it from the liquid and cleaning it with warm water" periodically too . . . Just Sayin' . . . Hope the information is helpful . . . :D

An.D

Jan 2, 2021
Absolutely, No NEED to purchase a new Sceptre or POD, that is unless you want another one . . . The reason you might be feel a "Burny" taste is either one of 2 things . . . 1) You have let the e-liquid get below the "MINIMUM" fill line or so low that the coil is getting too hot (which I've done once) . . . Or 2) Depending on what type of e-lquid you are using can "gunk-up" the coil and needs to be changed out for a fresher coils . . . BTW: Nothing is wrong with "taking the base with the coil out, emptying it from the liquid and cleaning it with warm water" periodically too . . . Just Sayin' . . . Hope the information is helpful . . . :D

Oh happy to know that! I guess it might be because of the low liquid level then. I noticed that the 0.5 coil comsumes more liquid by almost running out of liquid twice until i realised. Thank you for your reply! Happy new year everyone! Glad to have joined the vaping community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread