Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I noticed when filling through the little springy spout that liquid will start coming up through the tiny hole in the deck. This leads me to speculate that if you overfill, you could see leaking through the air flow holes (not sure, though)

Edit: Have you made sure that the bottom piece under the glass is screwed on tight to the upper part?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Since I got the Prime, the Galaxies and everything else has taken a back seat. But I think the only way for liquid to get into the air holes is if you over fill or tip it upside down when there's not sufficient cotton. If you aren't overfilling, then I'd focus on the cotton. The tank is below the deck and the air holes so there aren't many ways for it to leak.

The tiny hole in the deck connects with the opening for the wick on that side. Might try fluffing out the cotton a bit more if liquid is escaping it.

I guess another possibility could be condensation. If that's it, then cleaning the top cap would stop it.

Last edited:

Ric alexander

Sep 28, 2010
Swansea uk
Im not quite understanding why this, or any other tank or attie can be so thirsty. Ive seen this RDTA drink juice like a DTL dripper. I really thought a 1.5ohm kanthal coil would have fared more frugal in consumption.
airflow wise, you can and I did, close off both side airflows to see if that changed things but it didnt. With the top off, and firing it, it doesnt seem to create any more vapour than my LeConcorde RDA's! So where does it go exactly? Shame cos i liked the idea.
Maybe the gas mods nixon V1 RDTA is a better alternative

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Im not quite understanding why this, or any other tank or attie can be so thirsty. Ive seen this RDTA drink juice like a DTL dripper. I really thought a 1.5ohm kanthal coil would have fared more frugal in consumption.
airflow wise, you can and I did, close off both side airflows to see if that changed things but it didnt. With the top off, and firing it, it doesnt seem to create any more vapour than my LeConcorde RDA's! So where does it go exactly? Shame cos i liked the idea.
Maybe the gas mods nixon V1 RDTA is a better alternative
The bigger the coil the more it's going to drink. Have much is alot of juice? I go through between 20ml-30ml of juice a dy but I obviously don't do low wattage high ohm mtl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread