"Vapeonly BCC", 3.5ml bottom coil in T3 style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symmetry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Oregon, USA
Does anyone actually like the whistle tip? I gave it a try for an hour or so and gave up. Just popped a regular old plastic round drip tip on there.

Does anyone make a drip tip that's really narrow, like a pipe mouthpiece? tobacco pipe, that is.

Sent from my i777 using Tapatalk 2

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
Thanks, I see the supposed manufacturer now.

"...it would be almost impossible." Then he said it's possible.

This product shows glass can be formed much smaller than what's needed for a clearomizer and still be stong. Hamilton Company | Hamilton Syringes & Needles | Glass Micro Pipettes

But even if they had to make all the threads a little bigger. Someone said that all a big manufacturer with high-end equipment like Kanger has to do is re-write computer instructions and the lasers and everything cut however instructed. They don't have to switch out the hardware, hence the mini Kanger T3 Sunvapers had Kanger make them that has no advantage over the evods that came out at the same time. IOW they couldn't have spend much making the mini T3.
But forming glass probaly means all new equipment compared to plastic wich might be machine cut and not injected into molds/forms, but maybe they can sub-out the glass. I don't really know what I'm talking about but I think it's do-able despite I don't think there are even glass MOD tanks with threads and all of them use tight o-rings.

problem with glass and threads .. glass breaks very easily

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
That's cool. I had just never encountered one before and found it kinda off-putting. Glad you dig it!

I actually like the drip tip that comes on it because I prefer the "whistle" type tips. The unit is actually vaping really good now that I cleaned it really good and took the 2 pieces of wick of the top of the coil and put 1 piece of 1mm hemp and its vaping as good or better than my vivi nova.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So anyone got a fix for these yet? Got a couple and so far the first one is awful. Have to prime every other puff or you get a horrid burnt taste.

Wash it with plenty hot water, put it overnight in vodka, and wash again. Problem is leftover chemicals from manufacturing. Also, liquids over 60% VG have problems wicking. Put a drop or two of distilled water in your mix.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Could the problems be from the sugar content? Are the juices you're using dark and/or sweet? Could it just be a bad head? I've been through about 4 tanks on the 2.2Ohm head that came pre-assembled. And that's been 60/40 PG/VG as well. Those have mostly been heavy (but not particularly "sweet") tobacco flavors though....

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
Or whomever wrapped your coil made it too tight, mourningshadow.

I was gonna get an EVOD, but I can't stand hard plastic tips anymore so I might get a Mega which is ridiculous even on a 1300mah eGo, but it's the only BCC with a replaceable tip.

What's the skirt sleeve called that I want that goes from eGo and tapers larger to I guess 'mega' size to give my PV's threads more strength if it's pressured a certain way and the tank's more likey to give way first? Thanks.

edit: found what I was looking for: "large ego sleeve cone" http://www.ecigexpress.com/atomizer...p-1787?zenid=9482648f82c011e1684df31dbdc9a683

Last edited:

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
The coils are rebuildable, right?

Best answer I found was this video which means they are if it's a Vapeonly Mega in the video and he switched the drip tip. I don't know his language and don't see 'mega' anywhere or on the clearo, but I think Mega's Vapeonly's only current clearo unless they got something new out in Finland or something. But I'm almost definite it's a Mega and they're rebuildable. I think I heard him say mega.
"kikkailua" translates to 'black art' from Finnish language.

Vapeonly BCC kikkailua - YouTube

Last edited:

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
Just ordered one to try.

I'm confused about the replies talking about wicking problems. Since the wicks are at the bottom, with he juice always covering them, how do wicking problems arise?

The main reason I wanted to try this, is because I love my Vivi Novas but I do have to tilt them often when the juice level drops below the wicks, to keep the wick saturated.

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
The coils are rebuildable, right?

A bit easier than the T3 since the eGo sleeves are not in the way. Also the wicks doesn't have to be cut as precisely as on the T3.

I think Mega's Vapeonly's only current clearo unless they got something new out in Finland or something.

In the beginning he calls it Vapeonly BBC, and later Vapeonly Megaclear. I think it's the exact same BBC we are all talking about here.

"kikkailua" translates to 'black art' from Finnish language.

I'd say "trickery" would be closer to the original meaning. :) I'll recap the points in the video that might only open up to us Finns:

The first hit he got was badly burnt. He had vaped it earlier without problems, so he decides to rebuild the coil. The coil system itself has a close resemblance to a T3, with three flavor wicks. He builds with .2mm Kanthal wrapped 4 times around two 2mm silica wicks. At first he leaves the wicks longer, but due to the difficulty of getting it together, he cuts them shorter later on. He forgot the rubber seal so it leaks and he gets juice in his mouth, but after putting the seal back it works well. He closes up with a comment that factory coils rarely work (on any device), so rebuilding is (always) recommended.

The guy in the video makes DCC tanks called "kiuas" (= sauna stove) for sale through a local forum, so I believe he's had a moment or two with different devices.

Since the wicks are at the bottom, with he juice always covering them, how do wicking problems arise?

Either the coil is too tight around the wick or the wick is too tight at the slots going to the tank.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A bit easier than the T3 since the eGo sleeves are not in the way. Also the wicks doesn't have to be cut as precisely as on the T3.

In the beginning he calls it Vapeonly BBC, and later Vapeonly Megaclear. I think it's the exact same BBC we are all talking about here.

I'd say "trickery" would be closer to the original meaning. :) I'll recap the points in the video that might only open up to us Finns:

The first hit he got was badly burnt. He had vaped it earlier without problems, so he decides to rebuild the coil. The coil system itself has a close resemblance to a T3, with three flavor wicks. He builds with .2mm Kanthal wrapped 4 times around two 2mm silica wicks. At first he leaves the wicks longer, but due to the difficulty of getting it together, he cuts them shorter later on. He forgot the rubber seal so it leaks and he gets juice in his mouth, but after putting the seal back it works well. He closes up with a comment that factory coils rarely work (on any device), so rebuilding is (always) recommended.

The guy in the video makes DCC tanks called "kiuas" (= sauna stove) for sale through a local forum, so I believe he's had a moment or two with different devices.

Either the coil is too tight around the wick or the wick is too tight at the slots going to the tank.

I'm not the rebuilding kind, barely rewicked my first head a couple of days ago. I'll wait a little to see if they get better, otherwise it's lost money.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
if you can use a forum and shop online, you can recoil a wick.

It's so easy with youtube, just use a vivi nova or similar tutorial. Get A1 32 gauge kanthal to make about a 2.0 ohm coills. You can make slightly more or less than 2.0 ohm with 32 gauge. depends on # of wraps. A multimeter is cheap and checks the ohm when it's done so you know what volts to use on your battery or to re-do the coil if you're locked at 3.7 volts with a standard non-variable volt battery, which shouldn't use more than a 1.8ohm coil. Check youtube for "multimeter atomizer" or "multimeter vivi nova" or "multimeter e-cig", etc key words- you just set the multimeter to omhs and touch two ends to the coil to find the ohms. If your battery tells ohms, you don't need a multimeter.

Lotsa debate about which is the best wick, silica might be the least healthy, but wicks well and there's no preperation like boiling like with cotton or hemp and hoping there's no addatives. I linked a good hemp product yesterday if you check my post history though, it's pure organic hemp nothing whatsoever added. Maybe boil it first to break it up a bit so it wicks better and remove a possible hempy taste if you don't want that.

Take a lighter to the silica and coil wire before building to remove any possible manufacturing grease and stuff then wipe any crud off the wire.
You just wrap the wire around the wick without the wraps touching eachother, stick the two ends down through the coil, add back the rubber sleeve that seperates one wire inside of the sleve and the other outside of it so it flows electricity, then bend the excess wire back and forth untill it breaks off and it's done.

Last edited:

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
if you can use an internet forum and shop online, you can recoil a wick.

It's so easy with youtube, just use a vivi nova or similar tutorial. Get A1 32 gauge kanthal to make about 2.0 ohm coills. You can make slightly more or less than 2.0 ohm with 32 gauge. A multimeter is cheap and simple to use to check the ohm when it's done so you know what Volts to use or to change it if you're locked at 3.7 volts with a standard non-variable volt battery. Check youtube for multimeter atomizer or multimeter vivi nova or vaping, etc key words, you just set the multimeter to omhs and touch two ends to the coil to find the ohms.

Lotsa debate about which is the best wick, silica might be least healthy, but easy to find and cheap and no preperation and boiling like cotton or hemp and hoping there's no addatives. I linked a good hemp product yesterday if you check my post history though, it's pure organic hemp nothing whatsoever added.

You just wrap the wire around the wick, stick the two ends down through the coil, then add back the rubber sleve that keeps one wire inside the sleve and the other outside of it so it flows electricity, bend the excess wire back and forth untill it breaks off and it's done.

I can check ohms on my Vamo, and I'm not 100% against rebuilding (still tinkering my first truly rebuildbable atomizer; the AGA-T).

It's just that I ordered this thing, thinking it would be similar to my Vivi Novas; just fill it up and vape. I wasn't really looking to rebuild with it.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
if you can use a forum and shop online, you can recoil a wick.

It's so easy with youtube, just use a vivi nova or similar tutorial. Get A1 32 gauge kanthal to make about a 2.0 ohm coills. You can make slightly more or less than 2.0 ohm with 32 gauge. depends on # of wraps. A multimeter is cheap and checks the ohm when it's done so you know what volts to use on your battery or to re-do the coil if you're locked at 3.7 volts with a standard non-variable volt battery, which shouldn't use more than a 1.8ohm coil. Check youtube for "multimeter atomizer" or "multimeter vivi nova" or "multimeter e-cig", etc key words- you just set the multimeter to omhs and touch two ends to the coil to find the ohms. If your battery tells ohms, you don't need a multimeter.

Lotsa debate about which is the best wick, silica might be the least healthy, but wicks well and there's no preperation like boiling like with cotton or hemp and hoping there's no addatives. I linked a good hemp product yesterday if you check my post history though, it's pure organic hemp nothing whatsoever added. Maybe boil it first to break it up a bit so it wicks better and remove a possible hempy taste if you don't want that.

Take a lighter to the silica and coil wire before building to remove any possible manufacturing grease and stuff then wipe any crud off the wire.
You just wrap the wire around the wick without the wraps touching eachother, stick the two ends down through the coil, add back the rubber sleeve that seperates one wire inside of the sleve and the other outside of it so it flows electricity, then bend the excess wire back and forth untill it breaks off and it's done.

I know! I've seen tons of them. But my eyesight is poor and I'd rather buy heads than rebuild them. 20 bucks for 5 heads and a complete T3 a month is what I can handle...

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
^If it's not worth the fuss then buy pre-made I guess. They're cheap untill shipping almost doubles it. I'm gonna make like 10 coils at once, check the ohms are ok, and won't have to deal with them for a while.

Re: vivi nova vs BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable[changeable=rebuildable]), I think most like BCCs like kangers and vapeonly more than vivi nova or other top coils. Maybe a slighly cooler/warmer hit from a top coil and better/worse taste. I've read reviews that all say the opposite, I can't tell a difference, but it's nice to never have to tip or shake the PV between hits to avoid dry hits. You can still get dry hits with a BCC, but not if you have the Volts, coil, ohm and wick just right. You won't get certain parts of the juice mixture sticking to a long top coil wick while other parts of the juice are vaped separately. That's suposidly why they made an 'upgraded' Vivi nova version with tiny wicks that looks like a step backwards that you definitely have to always shake/tip, but gives a better vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread