Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I respectfully disagree.
The draw on the VapeOnly is what I love most about it. And for some reason I think the flavor is also better on the VapeOnly compared to the Protank or the Evods or the T3's. I do like the Evods for their small form factor for a pocket vape. I can not use the ProTank without plugging two of the three holes with toothpick stubs. Waaaay tooooo airy for me. I have four full size VO going now with all additional wicks removed. All have been working fine this way for me from 70/30 to all VG. I personally think those additional flavor wicks are too constricting for the juices I have been using and I have seen a dramatic flavor improvement without them. Yeah they produce a lot of condensation , but that, to me, just means they are working at their fullest potential. Setting them upside down without the drip tip or giving them a few flicks takes care of that and I feel that's a small tradeoff for their great performance. I have two mini ones coming today but I do not expect the performance to change at all compared to the bigger ones. I seldom let them get below 1/4 tank. That seems to be when you start getting any overwicking issues.
Everyone has different expectations from various equipment but in my world these are at the top of my list along with the SplitFire.

Your so respectable Wally...I like that..(wish I was) :D

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am have a serious problem with my Vapeonly Mini BCC. I opened a help ticket, but decided to try posting the same info here in the hopes that someone can help me out. Anyway, here is the info:

I just got my Vapeonly BCC, and when I put it on my PureCigs Elite battery (Innokin iTaste VV, 510/ego threaded) it fails to operate properly. I push the button on my battery, and it lights up, and stays lit, even after I release the button, until it gets to the 10 second safety cutoff, however it doesn't produce any vapor. When I leave the Vapeonly mounted on the battery, take the coil out of it and push and release the button, it works as expected.

It almost seems like the coil is causing a short across the batteries (2 batteries, exactly the same symptoms), and leaving them in an active state without actually heating up the coil.

Is this a defective unit, or is there some incompatibility with my batteries? I have not tried either of the other 2 coils (1.8 or 2.5) because I didn't want to open any more than I had to in case I needed to send this back. I don't know if they would produce the same symptoms or not.

Anyway, that is what I posted to the gotvapes support system.

I do have one final question, is there a "better" bottom coil clearomizer that will work with my batteries? I am currently using 808 threaded clearos with a 510 adapter, but I would prefer a nicer look, which is why I went with the ego threaded Vapeonly.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have you tried pulling up the pin on your battery? This also happened to me with a Sigelei Zmax Telescope and eVic. It got easily solved. The head is not at fault.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have both and I gotta say that the evod is miles above the vapeonly bcc. I've had a lot of dry hits (remove a wick) then it leaks....draw is too tight for me and I get a lot of condensation in the mouthpiece area on the vapeonly. I wont buy another one.

The catchcup of the BCC is wonderful. Serves right as to limit condensation to the driptip. I find the vapor to be a little on the thin side compared to the T3 and eVod. That and the cost of heads plus adding a driptip makes the BCC an expensive clearo, up to par with the Protank. I can't say about the Protank yet, but the eVod has its advantages.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I have been very happy vaping along on my VapeOnly's and have become particularly fond of the mini's. Two of the three mini's I had in rotation have now suffered from breaking threads on the plastic tank where it screws on the base.

My question to Bad and Dan ... Is VapeOnly addressing this problem?

Or will they sell replacement upper tanks only at a much lesser charge than the entire unit. The two of mine that cracked are useless without a new top section. I have no desire to spend another $11.00 every time a tube cracks at the base.

One other issue that they need to address are those funky coils. I have broken the tube off the tube base on at least three heads just trying to remove the top piece to get at the wicks. If they made the ridge on the bottom of the upper post a tiny bit smaller it would not hang so badly on the two dimples they pressed in to hold it.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I have been very happy vaping along on my VapeOnly's and have become particularly fond of the mini's. Two of the three mini's I had in rotation have now suffered from breaking threads on the plastic tank where it screws on the base.

Or will they sell replacement upper tanks only at a much lesser charge than the entire unit. The two of mine that cracked are useless without a new top section. I have no desire to spend another $11.00 every time a tube cracks at the base.

One other issue that they need to address are those funky coils. I have broken the tube off the tube base on at least three heads just trying to remove the top piece to get at the wicks. If they made the ridge on the bottom of the upper post a tiny bit smaller it would not hang so badly on the two dimples they pressed in to hold it.

....Bumping... for a decision whether I should get any more mini's or not. I do not want to end up with a bunch of bases with no replacement tubes to go with them.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL

....Bumping... for a decision whether I should get any more mini's or not. I do not want to end up with a bunch of bases with no replacement tubes to go with them.

24 hour bump. Still waiting to hear ........................................... anything. Dan???? Bad????? Woody????

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Wally, I am sorry, I don't get in here very often. I believe we are checking into tank replacements for them. On the heads, I have never tried to take one apart as I haven't seen the need. Believe it or not I have only had about two reports of the threads separating. I will see if I can find out more on the tanks from Danno.

Thanks Woody. Without replacement tubes being available the mini's are really a crap shoot. I have not had any issues with the larger ones, just the mini's. Which as luck would have it, is the one I like the best.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
we have mentioned the reports back to the people over their, I will test them further and i also think we are getting replacements in as well

Thanks Bad.
They really should send replacement tubes. This is not a matter of someone .....ing about the quality of the vape. That is always our judgement call which has nothing to do with anything other than our opinions. This is a design defect which should be made good by the manufacturer. I ordered one more last night :facepalm:just because I like them so much and hopefully this tube will not come apart at the threads. But even if it does not, with two of my four breaking on the threads brings it up to a 50% failure rate for me. Which is better than yesterdays 66% failure rate before ordering the fourth one. Hopefully they ship some tubes quickly so I can vape on the two unusable base I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread