Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
I wanted to post about my purchase and exchange experience with a merchant I have not been able to locate on ECF. I ordered a Nemesis from a company called Vape Royalty. It arrived well packaged and everything seemed fine. But once I put in a battery, adjusted the contact pins and screwed on my tank, nothing happened. It simply would not fire. I swapped out my tank for another and this time it fired.... but poorly. I tried again and it literally would only fire once out of every 8-10 times the button was pressed! I was aware of how to adjust the springs and how to ensure you didn't experience any rattle, etc. But this was new. I called a buddy of mine who owns probably every mech on the planet, lol! He brought over a multimeter and started testing. We discovered even when it was firing it was literally under a half volt - the actual reading was 0.48! This was the same with a Sony VTC4 and a Panny. I tried a Kayfun 3.1, a Fogger v4+, a ProTank II, a Aerotank Mega, etc, etc! Nothing worked. We took out the contacts and cleaned them. Nothing changed.

So I had to contact VR and request an RMA. I was nervous because how does someone explain how such a simplistic device is simply not working? I had never seen anything like this and he had never heard anything like it either. To my relief, VR's support staff was willing to have me ship it back and test it for themselves. They discovered a flaw with the entire button. They cannot explain what the issue is but I suspect this is simply a manufacturing issue where they fudged the plastic/metal ratio during the molding process.

Despite such a weird situation - VR was not only happy to exchange the Nemesis for me, but they actually let me swap it for a different version altogether and gave me store credit to cover the difference. They are shipping me a new mod free of charge and with the magnet upgrade kit. I am truly impressed with the company. But especially with Zack at customer support. This gentleman was in constant communication with me from the first day trying to diagnose the problem, during the days while they waited for my Nemesis to return via USPS, during the weekend waiting for the QA team to test it and today, letting me know the outcome of the testing and my options moving forward. The management was exceptional in approving the swap for a new version of my mod which is not standard exchange practices and this was prior to discovering the flaw. This further demonstrated to me that this is a business you can trust and who cares about the vaping consumer.

So here it is, my honest account and review of a potentially terrible purchase gone right. Kudo's to Vape Royalty and in particular to Zack in customer support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread