VaperCon 2012 to be held at Clarion Hotel in Richmond, VA on October 12-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
We hope to see you there again, Bill.

And we look forward not only to seeing all who attended last year, but also meeting many of you in person this year for the first time. Don't forget that CASAA's first non-virtual (i.e., face-to-face) member meeting will be held on Saturday morning from 11 to 1. Send an email to the board @casaa.org to RSVP if you will be attending the meeting.

--Elaine

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
How come this thing couldn't be held somewhere in South Texas? The weather is wonderful here this time of year! 89 degrees and sunny today.

Agreed! I would love to attend something like this, but in the almost 14 months I've been a vaper, none of these have been anywhere close to me. Now that I'm unemployed, I really can't afford to fly out of state! :(

I'm sure it will be awesome, and I hate missing it, particularly since CASAA will be there!

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Agreed! I would love to attend something like this, but in the almost 14 months I've been a vaper, none of these have been anywhere close to me. Now that I'm unemployed, I really can't afford to fly out of state!

I'm sure it will be awesome, and I hate missing it, particularly since CASAA will be there!

Lets hold our own Vapecon in San Antonio on the Riverwalk.

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

I think that's a great idea and I would love to go back to San Antone. It has been over 25 years. Is the Riverwalk still as beautiful as I recall? Are the walls of the Alamo (such as they are) still standing? How about the IMAX theatre a couple of blocks away?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think that's a great idea and I would love to go back to San Antone. It has been over 25 years. Is the Riverwalk still as beautiful as I recall? Are the walls of the Alamo (such as they are) still standing? How about the IMAX theatre a couple of blocks away?

Probably even better. The Alamo will stand forever.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    One day perhaps there will be a big West coast meet. There are a lot of vapers out here and no big meet ever. I can't travel across the country at today's prices to look at new toys and socialize, unfortunately. The best to all you lucky people who live close enough and can afford the costs, have fun ;)

There was a vape con last year in Vegas. I'm sure they'll do it again.

SA would be great! I visit there about once a year to see relatives. The Riverwalk has been expanded in recent years, there's a mall, an IMAX theater (6-story screen!), and more restaurants - still a fun place to go! Although not in the summer - the humidity is relentless then, and I'm from Dallas! :shock: The Alamo is as great as ever; it's a state landmark, so it's well taken care of. :)

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    The big room will open at 1 p.m. on Saturday and go on all day. There is a costume party Saturday night.

On Saturday morning, there will be an in-person CASAA meeting from 11 to 1 in the area outside the big room.

Many people are arriving on Thursday and Friday. If anyone has more info on Friday activities, please post.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Thanks, Elaine.

Still like to know about Friday's activities ot is it just like anarchy type?

Recently learned that the room will also be open on Friday afternoon.

BTW: We have a couple of new teams on our bowling league this year. As I was getting ready to leave Sunday night, I looked over at a table to my left and saw 3 young women and a guy vaping! Up until now I only knew of 2 other people on the league that vaped. I went over to talk to them and we did the "You look familiar" thing. Turns out Kurt and I met them at the vape meet at the Outback in Fairfax. Does the name Amanda ring a bell?

Small world. They will be there this weekend, too. And I'll introduce you to Roger, one of my converts (and a fellow league member) who has been vaping for about two years now but has never been to a meet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread