Vapers tounge??? I thought that you guys were goofing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. Almost a week off analogs, and every single juice I have is tasteless now. Over vaping?? I don't vape the same juice all day long... similar flavors... but it is all tasting like nothing....
Turned up volts and fried an atty. Rinsed out tanks, tried starting over.... Suggestions???
vaping: Cinna-roll caramel cappuccino caramel macchiato almond joy dutch chocolate apple cider (I can kinda taste) and a custom menthol blend ( 3 to one ratio of a new Marlboro blend, and double menthol)

frustrated, and seriously not wanting to smoke a cig! Help!!

Reactions: jdimasi

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Like wbat stated, drinks lots of water.

Also, brush your tongue at least two times a day, sometimes sniffing coffee beans can reset your sense of smell (which is an integral part of your sense of taste), try a mento mint, vape a cinnamon flavored juice, eat a hot pepper or spicy food, gargle with original Listerine, or wait for it to eventually pass. It usually does.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Rinse your mouth out, brush your teeth, grab a lozenge (I really like Biotene products as they are meant to combat dry mouth), have a pickle, an olive or some sauerkraut, or vape a bit of unflavored base.

And avoid very strong flavors, at least for now--things like cinnamon, clove, citrus or too much sweetener and/or coloring will deaden your taste buds even more.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Rinse your mouth out, brush your teeth, grab a lozenge (I really like Biotene products as they are meant to combat dry mouth), have a pickle, an olive or some sauerkraut, or vape a bit of unflavored base.

And avoid very strong flavors, at least for now--things like cinnamon, clove, citrus or too much sweetener and/or coloring will deaden your taste buds even more.

I thought that vaping cinnamon was supposed to help?

If your using a cartomizer the taste is already muted a bit. If your using an clearomizer the coil could be covered with gunk and needs a rinse followed with dry burning. YouTube has a few videos on how to dryburn. Didn't believe it at first but after trying it out I've been doing it more often.

Clearos and Pyrex Aro's.... Dry Burning?? So it might not be my mouth? It's every flavor...

What works for me...everytime you goto get your favorite beverage, drink/slam 8oz of water first. This is good as it helps keep you hydrated, and you'll find you drink less of your favorite beverage ....which most likely cost less than water. Health and economics inspired me to try vaping. The drying effects of PG and the need for proper hydration is just another way vaping can save you money and in turn make you healthier. Don't thank me for this advice, I give it out of love and compassion. Instead, share it and your personal experience with your local congress, Senate, and social media. I'm praying that by individually sharing our experiences, vaping will continue to be the Lincoln of our times and free us as slaves to our oppressors (ie: big tobacco, pharma, and politicians with greedy palms).

Back to vapers tongue...it's not a negative symptom of vaping. But rather an avoidable affliction that arises out of the positive choice you've made to turn away from
tobacco, which is at odds against other lifestyle choices or necessities. If you do manual labor(outdoors, factory, or other non climate controlled conditions) , work out /participate in sports, or drink alcohol regularly....odds are you toe the line of dehydration whether you recognize it or not. Vaping on top of this will cause problems and make vaping unenjoyable.

If you're at this point, or just being proactive, various products can help:) Switch to toothpaste from Biotene, Act, or any other which doesn't contain an ingredient that can dry your mouth.

RELIEVE symptoms of vapers tongue:

Biotene gum, ACT lozenges, biotene dry mouth rinse, erx all help. On the cheap and enjoyable, look for sugar free gum and candy that contains Xylitol
, such as icebreaker or mentors gum. Xylitol helps stimulate saliva production

What works for me...everytime you goto get your favorite beverage, drink/slam 8oz of water first. This is good as it helps keep you hydrated, and you'll find you drink less of your favorite beverage ....which most likely cost less than water. Health and economics inspired me to try vaping. The drying effects of PG and the need for proper hydration is just another way vaping can save you money and in turn make you healthier. Don't thank me for this advice, I give it out of love and compassion. Instead, share it and your personal experience with your local congress, Senate, and social media. I'm praying that by individually sharing our experiences, vaping will continue to be the Lincoln of our times and free us as slaves to our oppressors (ie: big tobacco, pharma, and politicians with greedy palms).

Back to vapers tongue...it's not a negative symptom of vaping. But rather an avoidable affliction that arises out of the positive choice you've made to turn away from
tobacco, which is at odds against other lifestyle choices or necessities. If you do manual labor(outdoors, factory, or other non climate controlled conditions) , work out /participate in sports, or drink alcohol regularly....odds are you toe the line of dehydration whether you recognize it or not. Vaping on top of this will cause problems and make vaping unenjoyable.

If you're at this point, or just being proactive, various products can help:) Switch to toothpaste from Biotene, Act, or any other which doesn't contain an ingredient that can dry your mouth.

RELIEVE symptoms of vapers tongue:

Biotene gum, ACT lozenges, biotene dry mouth rinse, erx all help. On the cheap and enjoyable, look for sugar free gum and candy that contains Xylitol
, such as icebreaker or mentors gum. Xylitol helps stimulate saliva production

I sit at a desk! However, to be honest and fair, I drink pretty much nothing but coffee and tea all day. I stuck my nose in a bag of coffee and rinsed my mouth with Listerine, although I only had the blue kind on hand. I can at least taste the almond joy... I didn't want to push my luck ad try a bunch to be disappointed. I will try tomorrow to drink more water during the day.... One of the meds I take is also known to be dehydrating.... I forget that a lot too. I can't lie, I lit an analog out of my cushion pack, because I just really wanted nic fix.... one drag. Wasn't worth the time it took to go outside. At least chocolate is on the table until I go to bed.... which is soon. I vape more in the mornings, as this was when I smoked the heaviest... should I be switching it up? I appreciate the advice, Just kinda lost. How good the flavors were was what got me through the hey I wanna smoke too phase. Then I got Clearos and I was good to go.... Vaping without flavor is like cheap pizza, does the job but is so not really what ya want....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread