Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
"(2) This subsection shall not apply with respect to sales of vapor products conducted through—

(A) mail-order; or

(B) a vending machine or self-service display if, with respect to the facility in which such vending machine or display is located, the retailer of such products ensures that no person under 18 years of age would be present or be permitted to enter."

"if....<snip> tthe retailer of such products ensures that no person under 18 years of age would be present or be permitted to enter."

This is the nature of wording in the state law that got passed here.

Please do explain to me how a vendor can ensure that no person under 18 is buying their eliquid. :)

If they aren't face to face.

Asa Hutchinson (who was part of some homeland security thing before he became gov here) asked that question.

That is why there are no online sales here. :)

jUst pointing it out. I know how these things happen.......since I'm sitting here and........... it DID happen. :lol:

They also can tax it a lot easier if treated like tobacco inventory, in a store. The Republicans here just treated eliquid like any other tobacco product.......put it on the shelves, then inventory and tax it. :) They didn't even have to change anything.

Reactions: HazyShades

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Please do explain to me how a vendor can ensure that no person under 18 is buying their eliquid. :)

If they aren't face to face.
Put it in a vending machine, and then put the vending machine in a bar that doesn't allow minors, for example. I don't think "(B) a vending machine or self-service display if, with respect to the facility in which such vending machine or display is located, the retailer of such products ensures that no person under 18 years of age would be present or be permitted to enter" pertains at all to the "(A) mail-order, [semicolon], or" part.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread