Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
@EverPresentNoob Here is a pic of the quad twisted build, guess it was 6 wraps, 2.5mm ID.

3WR4gLC.jpg

@Mowgli I looked at my insulator, it's the same as yours, so you're good there. Glad you got a work around for the poor seal issue your tank has.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
@EverPresentNoob Here is a pic of the quad twisted build, guess it was 6 wraps, 2.5mm ID.

3WR4gLC.jpg

@Mowgli I looked at my insulator, it's the same as yours, so you're good there. Glad you got a work around for the poor seal issue your tank has.
Is that SS or Kanthal? Im guessing Kanthal... I used 3 strands 28G ss and with duals it is at .16.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
well, just made a half tank 1.5 hour drive to work using the VCMT with my 3 strand twisted 28G ss coils. hitting it at 75 watts the whole way. good flavor, warm vape and just a little spitting/popping. all in all a MUCH better vape. I think my issues were mainly to much Rayon stuffed in the coils. I only used about half what I normally do in it when i built it last night. granted I now have to fill it quick as it will leak out of the air holes, but once its buttoned up and I hit it a few times the flooding clears up and its back to a decent vape. might play with it some more tonight, or I might just be patient and vape this until I need a rewick. the wicking dosent look all that good as the tails are out of the JFC a little and into the tank, then thy got swept to the side as I screwed the tank together. Next time Ill poke them back in a touch more.

Reactions: ThunderDan

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
This or Vapegeek griffin? Anyone got both?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

That's a tough comparison. They're really different. Griffin is super easy to build and wick, has phenomenal flavor, but has a tiny tank capacity. Vcmt is easy to build, fussy to wick, and easy to leak but has a huge capacity. I have both and like both. I don't love having to refill the griffin constantly but that's literally my only complaint.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Can someone measure the outside diameter of the drip tip of the 25mm?

Sorry Roxy I got the 30. It measures 11.6mm ID and a little over 16mm OD.

How does everyone feel about the quality of this vs the price?

I admit I'm still interested in it. And $65 isn't outrageous, but yeah, you could buy 2 of another Chinese atty for the price of this (even 3 of some).

Yeah, it's price doesn't match the quality IMHO. Top cap threads are a little scratchy, O-rings installed wrong, flashing on grub screw post holes. Not as bad as some. But definitely not as good as the Bachelor.

Not sure about the 25 at that price but maybe I will. So few 30s though so I sprung for it.

Problem with the O-rings is they were stretched out of the box resulting in thin spots in the o-rings. Not permanently damaged though. Re-installed without stretching. Now it doesn't seep.

Flashing around outside perimeter of grub screw holes. Filed off.

You can make a 510 drip tip adapter easily. On the 30, the ID is 11.6mm and OD is 16mm.

This video shows the o-ring install without stretching and causing thin spots using some plastic flashing and a drip tip adapter made from some clear vinyl tubing. I do like the performance though, 65W easy with wide open DTL.

First build was with dual horizontal 26g Kanthal, 4mm ID 10 wraps each, wicked with KGD.

Fits the seven 30 and 1590B in width. Looks like a pachyderm on a pimple with the G2. I have modded seven 30s, one with a SX350 and the other with a DNA40. It will vape at 40W if you are patient letting it heat and don't mind anemic flavor density but comes alive at 80W+.

IMG_5181.jpg
IMG_5179.jpg

Wonderful build deck on the 30. Love the blackout.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I did something different today, just to try it, put the jfc/wick ring on upside down. I may actually prefer it this way, not completely sure yet, but I think I do, I like having the bottom of the wick out instead of tucked in the jfc ring.

@Vaping!!!Jables I had the above as a 'draft' I meant to post earlier today but apparently didn't post it. Kind of funny coincidence.

adolchristin

Dec 30, 2014
I did something different today, just to try it, put the jfc/wick ring on upside down. I may actually prefer it this way, not completely sure yet, but I think I do, I like having the bottom of the wick out instead of tucked in the jfc ring.

@Vaping!!!Jables I had the above as a 'draft' I meant to post earlier today but apparently didn't post it. Kind of funny coincidence.

This is what I do as well. Teeth down, trim wick so that it just fits inside the ring that will be at the top now. Juice ports are basically clear, you can see the tiniest bit of rayon if you tilt the tank a bit. 8 spaced wraps of 22 gauge kanthal at 4mm inner diameter ohming out to about .35. Can chain vape at 150 watts with AFC wide open. I actually prefer 120 watts with the AFC closed a bit.

No leaking but definite seepage from between the AFC and the tank. It's just condensation from the massive amount of vapor this thing puts out. Small price to pay for such great performance IMO.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have the 30 and just had to post the most recent build I put in. I have been on a nickel kick lately and was having a hard time finding a build to work well in this beast. I did spaced 10 wrap on a 3mm rod using 30g ni wire. I guess we could call it series/parallel lol. Quad I guess (need to drink less lol) but the vapor production is insane.
2016-03-01 20.04.48.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread