The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

vaping alcohol?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sluggo, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Clutter

Clutter Full Member

May 12, 2011
    London, UK
    I tried vaping some Merlot wine on fluval. A great big nothing. :closedeyes:
    No vape, no flavour, no TH. :(
    Waste of a sip of good Merlot IMO :p

2. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    That was my experience as well. Also the th is harsh and gives me sandpaper throat after a while.

3. Sluggo

Sluggo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2011
    Sweden
    I recently saw a comment to a YouTube clip (dont remember which right now...), where the vid- blogger always use alcoholbased eliquids, and he wrote that long term vaping of alcohol will do something to your lungs so that eventually the body won't be able to pick up any oxygen that comes into the lungs....

4. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I use very little or no nic juice. I use to add Vodka to get the extra kick and it helped keep the attys clean.
    After a bit, I noticed it was making my throat sore so I don't use it anymore.
    I do miss it---it helped with the throat hit.

5. studio52

studio52 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Meridian MS
    The alcohol in e-juice is to dilute and add flavor possibly, but not to get an alcohol buzz. Aint gonna happen IMHO

6. Old Chemist

Old Chemist Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Poland
    Oh, yes... I bet aliens landed in his backyard and told him so. "Long term vaping..." - I'd love to see those studies.

7. Bardolf Blaze

Bardolf Blaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Burlington, KY
    The alcohol mixed in juices is either vodka or pure grain because those are distilled. Whiskeys(and most other liquors) still have a lot of sugars in it and would probably kill your atty with a quickness. But I have been curious if cutting with alcohol changes the taste over cutting with water and how.

8. grazia15

grazia15 Full Member Verified Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Vaping alcohol just doesn't sound like a good idea to me... :D

9. ShannonA

ShannonA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2011
    Tyler, Tx
    Just drink it like the rest of us.

Adding a little PGA or vodka is sometimes good for a better TH beyond that....yeah what I said above.

10. Marb

Marb Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    Portland, OR
    This reminds of the Alcohol Vapor Bar that I saw on TV quite a while ago. Wonder how that panned out...

Anyhoo, I feel kinda silly for admitting this: the other day I tried a drop of beer in my home-brew dripper .... it tasted nothing like beer; specifically, it was horrible tasting - more like badly burnt cereal and took a bit of cleaning to get the taste to go away!
    (wait, how do I know what burnt cereal tastes like??? :laugh:)

EDIT:
    BTW, I know it's been said before, but I'll say it too: I don't advocate vaping anything that's not intended to be vaped. The effects of vaping something vs drinking/eating can often be VERY different and possibly unknown as far as long-term effects. (and yeah, I realize that the chems in smokes are probably worse than anything someone might try to vape, but still...)

11. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    That taste is considered a + on the new CE2 R6s, G5s, and Failomizer line. Working as Intended.

12. mattie279

mattie279 Full Member

Sep 30, 2011
    United Stats
    OK, to avoid any future lawsuits: Everyone's body is different. Each vapor devise is different. I am not recommending any one do this. THIS IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY.

I filled a carto with cuervo gold tequila, nothing else. Attached it to a 510 type battery. Upon vaping there was no TH and no vapor, but there was a true taste, but much smoother, of cuervo. Not nearly as harsh as drinking it and, if you like tequila for the flavor, very good. There was also a little buzz feeling. Doesn't last very long. I have no idea what the long term effects would be. I only took about three-four hits.

Just an FYI

13. pandora99

pandora99 Full Member Verified Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Charles Town, WV
    I also tried this and thought it was a very mild tequila flavor, no lemon or lime necessary. I'd be very careful attempting to experiment with this though.

14. Pheisty

Pheisty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Old Chemist, I'm so glad that you're here. :)

15. Old Chemist

Old Chemist Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Poland
    Thank you, young lady - *bow & big blush*

16. Thulium

Thulium Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Could you try a different experiment for me? Try mixing your favorite hard liquor 50/50 with some Vegetable Glycerine and drip a few drops directly on an atomizer. I'd like to know the results of exhaling the vapor directly into a Breathalyzer.

The "Vapor Alcohol Content" would be .20, but I'm curious what BAC the Breathalyzer would display. I suspect that it will be much lower than .2 since although the vapor would be 20% alcohol, it's being mixed with at least 10,000 parts AIR when its vaporized, so I'm really curious about this.

17. Rocketman

Rocketman Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I would be more concerned about the chemical reactions that might be going on right at the vaporizing interface with the ethanol. Could the volatility of the ethanol create a "reactive zone" right at the heater and make new chemistry for us to enjoy?
    The area right at the heater seems like the most likely spot for chemical reactions to occur. Maybe the ethanol doesn't even make it to our lungs. maybe it's some other molecule. No alcohol at all in our lungs?

Just think. We may be operating little miniature petrochemical plants :)

or maybe one day a cold fusion self vaporizing cartomizer.

and yes an alien told me about that in a dream once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.