Vaping and body odor? Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
TommyToilet2.jpg

Always remember what our old friend and mentor "Tommy Toilet" always says ....

[Image removed - Tommy Toilet has a potty mouth :lol: ]

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Ya I smelled from about 2 to 7 months after a quit smoking. Drank lots of water and showed more. Gross but true. I started vaping around the 3 to 4 month mark, usually when I would start smoking again. The quit zits I had for almost a year, total bummer.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
You didn't smell as bad as you think you did, most likely. The way our sense of smell recovers isn't like flipping a switch, it's a complicated process that's dictated more by our brain than our nose in most cases. Your brain, having spent years getting super dulled signals from your nose, lost its sense of scale for filtering and deciphering neural signals from your smell receptors.

Now that your nose is suddenly healthier than it's been in years, it's sending stronger signals back to the brain. Even those those signals are still weaker than they would have been in a world where you'd never smoked, they're relatively much stronger than they used to be, so your brain loses perspective and decides you're smelling something incredibly strong, when it's actually either imperceptible to people who've never smoked, or just a slight scent that's indistinguishable from all the "background noise" smells the average brain is filtering out constantly regardless.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I think it could be what many of had, sense of smell. But I think it's more likely as simple as this- I've heard, and have found, that your body gets used to deodorant, and over time it won't work quite as well.

I have nothing to back this up, but I do find that changing up my deodorant every year or so does wonders. It could be psychological, but worth a try since it sounds like it's time anyway for a change ;)

Spamby

Jan 16, 2015
Oregon
Probably #2. But if you get dry knuckles you could have a serious health problem like hyperthyroidism. Your only cure to a normal life is an electrolyte drink which I just happen to sell for $4.95 a bottle.

Edit: your new to vaping so probably don't get the joke. You don't have hyperthyroidism. You just stink [emoji12]

Last edited:

wwdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2016
Montreal, Canada
My gf and I were talking about this last night, We were out at a resto and noticed just how bad the smokers smelled. And we were like holy poop we used to smell like that.

What tipped me off though was my dog, her farts always smelled bad but not that I am 1 and a half months stinkie free... OMG my eyes water when she lets loose

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Probably #2. But if you get dry knuckles you could have a serious health problem like hyperthyroidism. Your only cure to a normal life is an electrolyte drink which I just happen to sell for $4.95 a bottle.

Edit: your new to vaping so probably don't get the joke. You don't have hyperthyroidism. You just stink [emoji12]

He can sweat it out in the sauna!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My gf and I were talking about this last night, We were out at a resto and noticed just how bad the smokers smelled. And we were like holy poop we used to smell like that.

What tipped me off though was my dog, her farts always smelled bad but not that I am 1 and a half months stinkie free... OMG my eyes water when she lets loose
Sure blame it on the poor dog:pervy:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hey y'all, thanks for all the replies. Looks like it's just my sense of smell is better.....but dammm...I hate to think that I smelled like this before!!! EGHuuuhhhh.....
Don't feel bad, you probably didn't smell like that before, you smelled like smoke ;)

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Actually, I have an IM into Rip. He is SOOO informed on knuckle dehidration that I had to go to the top and ask the expert.

Hey, I love Rip. So he's making a few bucks.....good for him.

Reactions: thetrucker

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I think it could be what many of had, sense of smell. But I think it's more likely as simple as this- I've heard, and have found, that your body gets used to deodorant, and over time it won't work quite as well.

I have nothing to back this up, but I do find that changing up my deodorant every year or so does wonders. It could be psychological, but worth a try since it sounds like it's time anyway for a change ;)

You may have something there, but I doubt it, really. Although I've been using Old Spice deodorant for over 40 years. But you know....changing your deodorant is sort of like changing your style of underwear, but then again after a lifetime of briefs, I just recently changed to boxers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread