Vaping and body odor? Are you kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Okay, I know this is going to sound a little strange to some of you, but I have a serious question I must ask. I am now in my fourth month off of cigarettes and full time vaping. I generally vape between 5 and 15 mils per day of 12mg nic juice. I have noticed a significant change in my own personal body odor. My hygiene has not changed, I still use the same deodorant but I now occasionally notice my underarm funk--and it's nasty. I have never experienced this before unless I spent 3 days at the fish camp without a shower or change of clothes. This recent experience is pretty powerful.

I can only deduce that it is because of one of four possible reasons:
1. My body is ridding itself of all of the toxins from 50 years of tobacco use and these toxins are causing to the problem.
2. Because I no longer smoke, my sense of smell has greatly improved and I only notice my own personal odor more now.
3. vaping itself is causing the odor. Maybe my body is reacting to PG and VG.
4. There is another cause that I am not aware of--an illness, a medication, a change in diet, or just that Old Spice just ain't what it used to be.
or...
5. A combination of the above four.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I alone in this, and is it something I should discuss with my doctor? Am I just getting older and changes in my chemistry are causing this? Please, I would like some help with this, so please reply if you have had any similar experience.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Your sense of smell, much like your sense of taste, will improve as you stop smoking.

BTW - I shower every other day and use Old Spice; Figi.

mspkv.jpg

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Before I retired, I was surrounded by co-workers with questionable hygiene. It was painfully obvious when they showed up late for work, still in the same rumpled clothes from the day before ... :shock:

The greasy hair plastered to their heads by week's end was another giveaway ... :blink:

But I never noticed the unpleasant odor until a few weeks after I started vaping ... :eek:

The obvious conclusion is that my vaping caused them to smell bad, shame on me ... :blush: :rolleyes:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014

It would be doing the inverse of government's mission. You see government unbeknown to the working stiffs, is not chartered with making life easier. In fact government if anything must make life harder. This way the working stiffs innovate, create even while busy doing the hard work of serfdom.

( Wanders along to come up with a web based subscription service of putting soap in the shower water. )

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2014
    Tarentum, PA, USA
    The first issue I had when my sense of smell returned was my daughter's feet. My son had complained about it, but it didn't bother my wife or me. However, once the sense of smell returned, I demanded that she take her shoes off in her bedroom, change her socks, spray the shoes with something, or bury them in the back yard. Dear God in Heaven, they smelled. The second thing I noticed was the my nose could sniff out as soon as my wife turned the oven on or lit the burner on the stove...and I'm sitting about 50 ft away from the kitchen, on the other side of the house.

I was mixing some juices yesterday, when my sense of smell faded out for a bit. The juice smelled horrible, and I was sickened by the thought of tossing out a large batch of juice. However, everyone else said it was just as good as all the other batches I've made. My son even compared it with a bottle from the last batch, and said it's the same. A few hours later, and 2 quarts of water drank, and my sense of smell returned...and the juice was fine.

It's amazing how the nose works...

thetrucker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Your sense of smell, much like your sense of taste, will improve as you stop smoking.

BTW - I shower every other day and use Old Spice; Figi.

mspkv.jpg
    haahahahahahahahahah--good one..where are you going oh oh no wait......please come back.....is it something I said.............lol......lol.....lol....

thetrucker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Before I retired, I was surrounded by co-workers with questionable hygiene. It was painfully obvious when they showed up late for work, still in the same rumpled clothes from the day before ... :shock:

The greasy hair plastered to their heads by week's end was another giveaway ... :blink:

But I never noticed the unpleasant odor until a few weeks after I started vaping ... :eek:

The obvious conclusion is that my vaping caused them to smell bad, shame on me ... :blush: :rolleyes:

hahahahahahahahah--lol.........good story........ I have seen people in the same clothes they worked in all day long and then go out at nite to

drink and think.............how can they ? .................lol..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread