Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yea I can buy etg tests online, but who knows if they are the same as the one my courts send out to the lab, you know? Its upsetting because all this stress just makes me say forget it and start smoking again, since I know I won't pop from a analog.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You can probably pick one of those up at a local pharmacy. You'll end up with one of two findings. If you test positive and it's only vaping related (which I can't believe will really happen) or you'll test negative and then fret about it until the time to provide a sample happens. This is a legal (and sorta medical) issue and no one but your lawyer can give you legal advice.

Me? I'd buy a kit and see what it shows.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Honestly, if the tiny bit of alcohol that might be in premade juice is going to make that test show positive, so is mouthwash, food flavoring extracts that are in uncooked foods and, liquid cough or cold medicine. All of them have more alcohol than e-liquid, unless you mix your own and add a lot of alcohol, in which case, that's on you.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Honestly, if the tiny bit of alcohol that might be in premade juice is going to make that test show positive, so is mouthwash, food flavoring extracts that are in uncooked foods and, liquid cough or cold medicine. All of them have more alcohol than e-liquid, unless you mix your own and add a lot of alcohol, in which case, that's on you.

Actually, stuff like mouthwash and liquid cold remedies will result in a positive test, and someone who is required to provide a test sample has likely already told that's a no and won't be accepted to explain a positive result.

However, the teeny tiny amount that might be mixed in from a few percent flavoring and has been exposed to air so that alcohol should be evaporated by the time you vape it makes me think it's really, really unlikely that will show up. It's a bit like cooking with a little wine for the sauce. After heating and mixing, the alcohol is gone before it hits the table.

But when your personal freedom is at risk, erring on the conservative side can really beat the alternative.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

lopenator

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
New York
Actually, stuff like mouthwash and liquid cold remedies will result in a positive test, and someone who is required to provide a test sample has likely already told that's a no and won't be accepted to explain a positive result.

However, the teeny tiny amount that might be mixed in from a few percent flavoring and has been exposed to air so that alcohol should be evaporated by the time you vape it makes me think it's really, really unlikely that will show up. It's a bit like cooking with a little wine for the sauce. After heating and mixing, the alcohol is gone before it hits the table.

But when your personal freedom is at risk, erring on the conservative side can really beat the alternative.
This is correct, I have not used mouth wash in over a year. Nor have I ate poppy seed bagels or taken any OTC meds. I don't even use hand sanitizer. Unfortunately I get tested once a week. So come next Monday I will let you guys know what happened. At this point I'm just waiting it out. If I don't reply it means it was a positive and I'll be sent away for a little.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread