The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

vaping at bars

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by cjaholic, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. antoniojlm

antoniojlm Senior Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I have understood that you can no longer vapear or bars , etc ... Let it prohibited as normal cigarettes.

2. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

They have had a change of heart since December/January and now allow vaping at the bar...

3. antoniojlm

antoniojlm Senior Member

Jun 12, 2015
    So if you can vapear in bars ? If so , one if you can and go with ecigs and vapear in a bar and should not say anything to you?

4. djren12

djren12 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 30, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I just go out and join the other smokers outside.

5. Jdurand

Jdurand Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Better get used to staying in!

6. VNeil

VNeil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    Me too, I vote with my wallet. I live in a small beach town with a couple bars on every corner. One bar I frequented went to a No Vape policy and that was the last time I went in there. And the bartender waited until I was served to tell me (I was a 3x weekly regular and he well knew I vaped). Which pissed me off even more, plus he's my least favorite bartender in the entire town, with an attitude I don't like. And more interestingly, it's the lowest rent bar in that section of the town, a lot of people won't go in there just because the bathrooms have a rep for being disgusting.

When it's outlawed then I'll have to stop vaping in bars and, just like when smoking was outlawed in bars in my state, I'll probably stop spending time in bars, especially in the dead of winter. I can sit home and drink a Gin & Tonic for about a buck. Why should I pay 5x to be inconvenienced? I'm getting an attitude LOL

• Like Like x 5
  7. antoniojlm

antoniojlm Senior Member

Jun 12, 2015
    That is what we are getting, we stay at home with OU gins and tonic or rum , in short , politics, ......

8. a9g

a9g Full Member

Jul 8, 2015
    California
    I'm told to stop or leave places daily in CA.

• Like Like x 1
  9. VNeil

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    @a9g - what kind of mod do you use?

10. Tony80

Tony80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2015
    Ours are the same, no issue with my vaping either.

As far as vaping in public, if I'm going to be there a while, I'll ask first, otherwise wait until I'm in my car or outside.
    I was outside a store a while back vaping a few feet from the doors and a woman walked past, started immediately coughing...the vapor was blowing AWAY from her. I just shook my head and laughed as she walked inside.

11. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

CA and Ny shouldnt really be a barometer for the rest of the country......unless were talking about sucking as states.

No offense to the people who live there but some of the dumbest laws in recent years have originated in these two states.

Ive run into zero problems with vaping in bars in Virginia. I did come across a bar with a sign prohibiting vaping when I was out running errands and I wont give them a dime of my money.

I always ask when out drinking just to be polite but more often than not I end up joining the smokers.......because I miss the conversation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Breezy Dawn

Breezy Dawn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    No way i could sit with smokers and not smoke,i guess maybe in time. Hellooooo from Virginia as well :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Inni

Inni Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't know about NY, but I totally agree about California.

It's as if a few people want to tell everyone what to do about EVERYTHING!

There are still some little hole in the wall bars where you can smoke cigs - so they let you vape, but no where I know of will allow vaping if they don't allow smoking - which is kinda sad.

The good news is - you can sneak a puff in the bathroom if you are tootle puffer like me! :p

No one has ever noticed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    The real thing is: being allowed to vape doesn't give you the right to see how big a cloud you can blow when theres a family sitting next to you trying to enjoy a meal. Because of that most places where I live wont allow it anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  15. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

It's all about discretion, which I think many new vapers who are in it to blow clouds simply don't have...

• Like Like x 2
  16. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Im not a cloud seeker and agree with your statement 100 percent.

Blowing mad clouds is the equivalent of ordering a double shot of whiskey then pouring half of it down the front of your shirt because you think it makes you look cool.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ablonz

Ablonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

As much as I enjoy the clouds of thick dense vapor along with the flavor, at bars I generally due a 2nd inhale as to minimize the vapor while there. If I really just want to blow massive plumes, I simply step outside as to be courteous to others there. No need to making a scene and giving them other reasons to not to allow vaping. Or, i simply just break out my Tootle Puffer. :D

• Like Like x 4
  18. Inni

Inni Senior Member ECF Veteran

:thumbs:

19. Tucsonbroker

Tucsonbroker Full Member Verified Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    I own several clubs here in Arizona and we don't care if people vape. There have not been any complaints and I don't see any bans happening in the legislature. Let people vape. We had to create a smoking "patio" when the no smoking laws went into effect and I'm seeing less and less people out there using them.

When I went to Hakkasan in vegas I had my vape with me and they came up to me and told me that I couldn't use it. Their reasoning was that they didn't know what was in the juice people used, implying that illegal extracts could be used and they didn't want that. So in their dumb logic I could go purchase a pack of cigarettes and stand on their furniture, but vaping was out of the question. Same thing for Rehab at the Hard Rock. There were signs everywhere saying no vaping. Rehab is an outdoor venue too.

Most restaurants here I don't bother. I just go the the bathroom and vape all I want.

• Like Like x 1
  20. VNeil

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    This is the result of what I think is the big under-discussed aspect of the ANTZ campaign against vaping. They have managed to drill into the public conscience that every vape atty has illegal substances in it. I would say that 9 out of 10 times that some stranger mentions something about my vape, that stranger makes some crack about what {illicit substance} is in it or might be in it. It has gotten to the point where people just assume I must have that in my atty and say so. And yet I suspect the actual incidence of it is infinitesimally small on a relative basis.

This is the equivalent to banning water bottles in any public place because the bottles *may* contain hard liquor, which although not "illegal" is illegal in most public places unless specifically allowed via a liquor licence. No one worries about that. That is the power of propaganda and we are so losing that war.

Personally I would have told them thank you, but I will leave and go where my vape is accommodated. But I am getting very militant about it. I already vote with my feet at a local bar or two that has disallowed vaping. I figure I have a year or two at most before it is outlawed in all public places (like cigs here) so I'm going to enjoy it wherever I can, as much as I can, do it respectfully (no clouds, bro)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.