Vaping - Cure for the common cold?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbojunk

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Wales, UK
And flu too, for that matter.

This is weird. Since i quit smoking and started vaping (almost 4 months ago), I've managed to completely avoid catching the various strains of cold and flu viruses that have been brought into our house by my wife and kids. Ditto the illnesses that bring workplaces to a standstill.

WHen I smoked, I was usually among the first to be affected by these sorts of viruses, so what's happened? Is my immune system getting back to how it should be? Is the vapour I now inhale somehow disinfecting the air I breathe? Or is it just coincidence???

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Kev

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    I have read this and it's really interesting. It could be the reason you are not getting sick.

There is a really interesting thread on the subject: www e-cigarette-forum com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/1734-germ-killing-vapor html

Cannot paste URLS yet, so i guess you'll have to fill the blanks with dots. The infos that TropicalBob wrote there are really reassuring to me.

katink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2008
    the Netherlands
    I think you are right Taz3Cat - PG (mind you, not VG or PEG, so people using that certainly don't get the benefits ;) ) needs to be in the air that carries the bugs, else it won't help. But a constant vaper using a PG-liquid... I do think there is a certain protection for that one.
    Also of interest: if you look at the new zealand reports, you see a test that was done in a childrens hospital, looking at common colds... the wards sprayed with PG had a lót less of them, reaching from memory now, no time to look it up... but I think it was 5 to 100 (5 out of 100 children) getting a cold on the PG-wards, against 35 on the non-PG-wards (and the same result, reversed, when they reversed the wards they were spraying PG in).

walkman4169

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2009
    south warren
    And flu too, for that matter.

This is weird. Since i quit smoking and started vaping (almost 4 months ago), I've managed to completely avoid catching the various strains of cold and flu viruses that have been brought into our house by my wife and kids. Ditto the illnesses that bring workplaces to a standstill.

WHen I smoked, I was usually among the first to be affected by these sorts of viruses, so what's happened? Is my immune system getting back to how it should be? Is the vapour I now inhale somehow disinfecting the air I breathe? Or is it just coincidence???

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Kev
    i caught a nasty cold just before i got my 901 but my chest cleared within 2 days of when i started vaping

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread