Vaping DENIED at my local wine bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
So I went to Corkscrew wine shoppe and bar in Huntersville, N.C. and thought it'd be great to vape while enjoying my wine. Since it's a small place I thought I should ask first so I went to the proprietor and said "do you object to the use of personal vaporizers?" His response= "what's a personal vaporizer?!!!" I showed him my Joye 510 and explained it's a nicotine vaporizer that has no odor and no second hand smoke but produces a visible vapor. He said.... NO! Said a LOT of non-smokers come there just because he's non-smoke and wasn't sure how they would respond. BUT after we talked for a bit he seemed interested in the whole PV concept and SAID he'd do some research. He even wrote down "e-cigarette-forum.com" on a notepad so HOPEFULLY he'll check it out and learn more. I suggested he consider having a "vaping" night to attract new clientelle.......So if anyone visits there please mention that you are a "vaper"! And to everyone in other towns try to educate restaurant/wine shop/bar owners etc. Let them know you vape AND that you are also a customer who is more likely to visit if vaping is condoned!!!!!

65590.png

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
I don't blame him one bit. If I owned a restaurant and someone wanted to vape, I'd graciously tell him "While we do appreciate your patronage and deeply regret having to deny your request, we already have rude, callous .......s barking about the quality of our beef and the expertise of our sommelier, and giving them something else to complain about wouldn't be in our best interest".

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Well, it seems like he runs the place as a non-smoking atmosphere, at his own discretion. I'm not sure of NC's laws about smoking in public indoors, so I can't comment about that.

But, he didn't seem totalitarian about it and showed curiosity. I respect that. But, as a non-smoking place, something that looks like smoking might chase the uninformed away. Not to mention, many people that "hate smoking" hate looking at things that look like smoking, and might just go to this bar just to avoid smoking in all forms.

I can't blame him. Also, I have no problem with the idea that some places won't accept vaping. Blowing out smoke around people has always been rude, not just because it's "smoke".

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I don't blame him one bit. If I owned a restaurant and someone wanted to vape, I'd graciously tell him "While we do appreciate your patronage and deeply regret having to deny your request, we already have rude, callous .......s barking about the quality of our beef and the expertise of our sommelier, and giving them something else to complain about wouldn't be in our best interest".

lol.. exactly..

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I can't blame him. Also, I have no problem with the idea that some places won't accept vaping. Blowing out smoke around people has always been rude, not just because it's "smoke".

I agree that it is his establishment and he is well within his rights to set rules against ecigs. But blowing smoke around people has actually only been considered rude in the last couple decades. It wasn't all that long ago that smoking was the norm and you could light up anywhere.

There was some pretty impressive campaigning to change the public's opinions, even when people knew it was unhealthy they didn't hate smokers like they do now. Receptive little sheep that are the majority of our population, stone those evil smokers!!!! They are worse than ...... addicts!!!!! Sigh.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
[] stone those evil smokers!!!! They are worse than ...... addicts!!!!! Sigh.[/quote]

Kinda true and funny,I have yet to step on a ...... addicts neddle once or seen any litter on the beach from them.Smokers , and I was one should accept a lot of the blame.My blind guess is in florida 95% of smokers throw there lit butts out the window.Never understood how someone could litter cause the thing they just enjoyed now grossed them out 3 seconds later.just ranting ,vape on.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
Never understood how someone could litter cause the thing they just enjoyed now grossed them out 3 seconds later.just ranting ,vape on.

I may be in the minority but even as a smoker I never 'enjoyed' it. I needed to smoke just like any other addiction. Going out into the freezing cold blistering heat, or rain to smoke on break was never a point of enjoyment for me but rather a need. In all honesty, as a smoker, even when restaurants were still smoking establishments I could never stand the smell of smokers while trying to enjoy a meal. To be honest could not even stand the smell when I did it. For me it was purely a stupid addiction picked up in a less than brilliant (uncool) youth.

Always grossed out by analogs but did not litter. Now my PV, on the other hand, I actually enjoy the taste and smell of it as well as satisfying that need.

Mia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
California
i don't blame him one bit. If i owned a restaurant and someone wanted to vape, i'd graciously tell him "while we do appreciate your patronage and deeply regret having to deny your request, we already have rude, callous .......s barking about the quality of our beef and the expertise of our sommelier, and giving them something else to complain about wouldn't be in our best interest".

rotflmao:d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread