Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Been away from the forum a while (have an elderly mom, things got a little frantic for a while). Popped back because I realized my first year cig free has snuck up on me. It arrives mid-April. Found vaping in March last year, stumbled into ECF later that month, the smoking fell over time until I ran out of cigs April 15th and never bothered buying another pack.

Even short of a year, I just broke my old record of "longest quit". This time, I don't feel even the slightest urge to go back. I realized some time this month, I can even be around a smoker and not care. I did not expect that. I figured I'd have to avoid smokers or turn into one those self-righteous ex-smokers I always despised. ;)

Don't even remember how long the ashtrays and lighters have been gone. They went because I needed the space for juices and odds and ends. Have a small place, not a lot of storage space.

And somewhere along the way, I stopped thinking of myself as "smoker who vapes instead of smoking" to: "vaper". I don't think about cigs at all anymore. Those days are really over. Two packs a day, thirty plus years, the gum, the patch, cold turkey, Zyban... it was vaping that got me to stop being a smoker.

Yeah, still addicted to nicotine but I don't care. Nicotine isn't what's killing smokers. If I'm stuck with the addiction but without the thousands of other chemicals in tobacco smoke, I can live with that (and in a rather real sense too).

And ECF is a big part of my getting here. I could probably fill post after post trying to thank all the experienced folk who helped me when I blundered in. To avoid carpal tunnel, I'm gonna say thanks to every vaper who went before me and was willing to share what they learned with yet another clueless noob in New Members. You folks may have actually saved my life. For real.

So I was gonna get a shiny APV as a "reward" then pulled the trigger early when I realized how hard I was on eGo batteries and getting any device with replaceable batteries was going to actually save money over the long haul. So I have a shiny, new VTR. With dual coils in the tank and variable wattage (which is SO nice), I'm like all real vaper now. :D

vaping. Is. Awesome.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
But they would need FDA approval as smoking cessation products to claim that. By court order, vaping products are not allowed to make that claim. BUT, without that court order we would have no vapng products here in the US.

Yah but. FDA can't tell me not to say it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread