Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Thanks, I bookmarked that link for posterity and to print for a couple of my friends and relatives who think, "It's just like smoking". Yes, I've given them the talk and explained how its completely different in a good way.

some people just don't listen. if the TV said that mermaids lived in Lake Michigan, they'd swear up and down that it was true.

Lord_Mayhem

Aug 1, 2017
Because vaping looks like smoking, the uninformed assume that it is smoking. That's how a lot of people's minds work. And that's not including all the misinformation and outright anti-vaping propaganda out there. Many still believe the misinformation from years ago that have already been debunked, such as popcorn lung.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
How is that the best news ever? A week ago 99.999% thought it didn't have any carcinogens at all. Gotta love the way vaping advocacy sites take bad news and make it sound amazing. Great news today I found out I have a 1 in 210,640 chance of dieing this year from a fall on and/or from stairs and steps. :)

Last edited:

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah I never believed it didn't. Pretty sure BBQ Steak has carcinogens too but I'm not giving up red meat to begin with so why would I care lol. Even if the other report that said like 36% was correct I never quit smoking to become a healthy person, I started vaping because it was cheaper and possibly safer. The benefits and quality of life I have far from doing so far out weight what any study/report good or bad tells me.... unless its like we all start instantly dieing off in 5 years then I'll quit lol.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah I wish they would supply more info and actual data when they make all sorts of claims in reports. The "dry burn" theory has been debunked though, the same tests with unflavoured juice showed little to no nasty stuff so it wasn't dry burnt cotton. The original tests when that theory came out didn't even use cotton it used silica wicks. Nicotine inhalers showed simular results though without flavours or anyway to dry burn it so who knows whats causing it. "Normal power level" could be crazy high or crazy low watts, since its plastered on vaping sites I'd assume the latter. These same handful of doctors have been going back and forth with extreme cases for years without giving the general public the actual data in the reports. Just looking for flashy headlines while the truth is up to us to find, they could care less about us on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread