Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Hi all,

I'm on my third day of vaping, but I'm having a bit of an issue. It's kind of like vaping is harsher on my throat than smoking was. I find myself coughing and the back of my throat feels dry and weird. I'm using the Volt with Cowboy 12mg juice. I used to smoke a PAD of marb lights. I'm not sure if this is some kind of psychosomatic thing due to giving up cigarettes or if this is the mythical "throat hit" that I heard so much about. If it is, I don't think I like it. Or maybe it's due to the vapors drying out my throat/lungs? Maybe I'm just nuts! :confused:

Any suggestions of how to fix this? Should I try a different juice? Do you think this is a side effect of quitting smoking and not the vaping at all?

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
When I first started vaping I got a sore throat a lot. It turned out in my case to be dehydration. Vaping tends to dry you out so make sure you drink plenty of water.

I think this makes sense. I did wake up in the middle of the night yesterday with the worst cotton mouth ever. I'll take your advice and make sure to stay hydrated!

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Sorry I hate to reply to myself, but I was going to order e-liquid and I remembered seeing a thread last night that was all coupon codes and sales and now I can't find it. I've tried searching and looking around, but with little success. Anybody know the thread I'm talking about? It was really long, but filled with great deals!

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine

DoctorRiboh

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
UK and Ireland
Hey there, have you started coughing up the green crap from your lungs yet ???
it's what you want man! a sign that your lungs are happily beginning the process of regenerating themselves from scratch.
full regeneration takes 7 years from what I understand.
for me it happened in the first few days, a strangely welcome sight lol.

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Well, drinking water seems to be doing the trick. I'm a huge coffee and tea drinker, so I think this combined with some pretty constant vaping might have factored into it. Good thing I actually like water!

I also just placed a pretty large order from The Vapor Room for some new juices. I picked out Ginger's RY4, Vanilla Cupcake, Strawberries & Cream and got Waffle and Hazelnut Tobacco as my first time orderer freebies. This is turning out to be an expensive little hobby! I used to spend about $25 a week smoking (I think? haha), but I think after the first week of getting all setup it should even out.

PS: I love you ECFers! :vapor::laugh:

Last edited:

kjonesy

Moved On
Aug 13, 2011
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: Afilliate link spammer

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
if you are dragging directly into your lungs, don't. Drag slowly into your mouth, then inhale and bring some air in after.
Try lower nic
If you bought auto batteries you could try a manual where you have more control over your hit
Drink plenty of fluids
Or buy a weaker ecig like 510 manual and use blank Boge 3 ohm cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread