Vaping in LEED certified "green" hotel & Alaska Airlines bathrooms: A-ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geena

Aug 14, 2012
Seattle
I'm new to vaping. I'm using a Joytech 510 manual. I'm annoyed with the short battery life but making do for now with a charger, three batteries, and a charger case.

I just finished a week-long trip to Seattle. Stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8, a LEED certified "green" hotel that's 100% smoke free. I vaped all week long in my room without a hitch! I vaped on the bed under the smoke detector with no problems at all. I also vaped in the (incredibly tiny) bathrooms, coach and first class sections, on the Alaska Airlines flights to and from Seattle from Sacramento. Again, no problems - although on the plane I only vaped in the bathrooms & blew the vaper down the front of my shirt.

I was apprehensive about how this would work, especially having read the thread about the woman who was fined $250 for vaping at a Marriott hotel (I forget which city this was in). But it worked fine for me. I wanted to post this for other newbies who may have concerns about this issue. For me, it was a non-issue. Possibly that's because I did not vape in any of the public areas of the hotel or in my seat, so nobody knew to check out what I did in the airplane bathroom or in my room. I don't know if that was a factor. I just know it worked for me, and I expect it will for you, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread